No announcement yet.

Sliders and sparking gloves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Ben! I am glad I could here it from an experienced slider. I am going to have to order a pair from ghostride.

I might just have to order a pair of your gloves also scaretacktix for next season. I like the sound of metal on metal in the haunt, and wearing the metal is a lot easier and more controlled than carrying a chain like I usually do.
    Brian Warner
    Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
    Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
    Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

I'm with you on that. I like to have actors use props and noisemakers but you need to be so careful about who uses them and how for saftey reasons. It is very hard to drop or inadvertantly throw a glove! I have used the Ghostride gloves as well for close in clacking, but the pyrometal hunk is heavy and banging it on a wall can hurt your hand. It is best for exactly what it is made for, a light drag along the ground during a slide to create a spark trail.

You can't really use it in a load bearing hands forward slide like gloves with washers, because the lump will usually catch. Most of us don't use our hands when we slide anyway unless it is to slap down a spark trail. I often carry a cane to help bound upward at the end of a slide, and carry other props like cans in the other hand. Another thing I often do is if I am a creature with latex hands I can slap one down and it creates a "curl" the drag lets you pull in the direction you laid down the hand - it lets you pass a person in a slide and end up in front of them facing them.

Frankly those Scaretactix gloves are so nice, I don't think I going to mangle them sliding. I think they need to be used as close proximity noisemakers in the lot and in the house.

Another cool glove to get are the Werewolf paws from Running Wolf Pack. The Claws on the latex paws are hard plastic and you can clack them lightly over car windows without damaging the car, great for lot stalking. I can also rake them on the stucco of our building and create a horrific sound! It wears them down but they often throw in a few extra claws when you buy them.

When I wear down my claws scaring people, its like burning out slider gear, you feel like you have accomplished something! (somehow the skinned knees and the sore muscles from a wipeout aren't as rewarding!)

Good Luck

Ben Armstrong
      NETHERWORLD
      Ben Armstrong
      NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
      www.Fearworld.com
      www.NetherworldNetwork.com

Comment

Ben, you exlpained it well..... this is exactaly what the MONSTER GLOVE version is for........ the close proximity scares. They were developed to allow the actor to be hands free in a way, so they don't have to carry a prop or tool, it's already there at your fingure tips...lol
        ScareTacktiX

Comment

Scare Tactix Gloves and capturing the art of the scare

Just wanted to share my thoughts and opinions about the Scare Tactix scare gloves that were on display at our Haunted Media Magazine booth at the 2007 TransWorld show. These gloves are the real deal when it comes to scares. As you know Haunted Media DVD Magazine films many haunted attractions around the United States for future segments in our DVD issues. We use and endorse the Scare Tactix gloves 100% across the board as being one of the best-controlled scares available for this industry. These gloves are well designed and manufactured to last a long time and are extremely comfortable to wear all night long.

In telling the story of a Halloween event for our DVD Magazine segments it requires many hours and many days to capture everything about the event. With that being said, we use multiple cameras in filming the crowd response to the event. In some cases the event may not have a high attendance for that night or we may want to really push the envelope by helping the scare along to make sure we can get the art of a scare at the event. That is where the magic comes into play with these Scare Tactix gloves. Either a camera assistant or the cameraman will wear a set of these gloves to guarantee us a great scare on film. They work so well on making the guests feel uneasy as well as getting many different mind blowing scare reactions from the same crowd using these gloves properly.

This past season they were used as a standard filming tool at Woods Of Terror, Morgan Manor and Terror On The Fox. I believe they would also recommend these gloves as great tool for a fantastic scare.

Scott Broad
          Haunted Media DVD Magazine
          hauntedmedia.com

Comment

Okay, maybe I am just dense, but I don't' quite understand what these gloves from Scare Tactix are designed to do. Even after looking at the website, I still don't quite get it. How are they used for scares in the haunt?

Dave
            Lords of Chaos, LLC
            House of Chaos Haunted Attraction

Comment

Dave, our gloves are designed to make different sounds, wether you snap your fingures, tap your fingures or slap just about anything in your haunt, in the darkness it makes people very uneasy!! You will get an array of responces ...from "what the #*^%!! was that" to people running ful tilt to get away from you! Once you try a pair in your haunt everyone will want a set for themselves. They are addicting!!
              ScareTacktiX

Comment

Plus, you can SLIDE with them! Just thought I would throw that out there. LOL! -Tyler
                Chris Riehl
                Sales@spookyfinder.com
                (586)209-6935
                www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Ok, I must not be looking in the correct place. I can't seem to find the sparking gloves on the GhostRider site.
                  ------------------------
                  The child is grown, the dream is gone.
                  I have become comfortably numb.

Comment

The ghost ride gloves are found in there cataloge, you must download ther cataloge in order to view them from ther web page... I would like you to view our web sight (if you havn't already) to see the gloves that we offer... they are very different from Ghost Ride gloves and I believe more comfortable. If it's sparking gloves your looking for than ghost ride is your ticket, ther gloves are manufactured for that purpose, our gloves will through a spark or to however ther purpose is for that controled scare!!
                    ScareTacktiX

Comment

Want some genuinely scary sounds?
                      Do what my Grandfather did when he was a boy (Around 1890) he had a small bottle he would shake behind his friends, inside of the bottle was the rattle cut off of a real rattlesnake!
                      In some respects "Toys" have changed alot over the years.
                      There were alot of rattlesnakes around here many years ago, everyone knew that sound.
                      "Chi-chi-chi-chi!"
                      I used to have a couple of them, where are they now?
                      Right behind you!
                      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Ben,

Do you know of anyone that manufacturers a knee pad, such as what you discussed with abs or lexan?

If not, do you have a recommendation of the brand of skate knee pads you have started out with before customization?

Visited Netherworld at IAAPA this year, it was fantastic!

Chris
                        Chris Stafford
                        1331 Entertainment Group
                        Denver Haunted Houses - The Asylum & 13th Floor Haunted House http://www.getscared.com
                        13th Floor Haunted House - San Antonio, Texas http://www.13thfloorsanantonio.com
                        13th Floor Haunted House - Phoenix, Arizona http://www.13thflooraz.com

Comment

I've never been to their website, however I will tell you I will be checking it out soon...

I know Ghost Ride sold some sliding gloves and probably still do... www.ghostride.com.

However I will be checking out the new website as well.

Good information!

Larry
                          Larry Kirchner
                          President
                          www.HalloweenProductions.com
                          www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                          www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Hey Everyone,

We just wanted to drop by to let you know that Scare Tacktix will be at Hauntcon this year and will be showcasing some NEW STYLES of our very popular MONSTER GLOVES.

See Ya There!
                            Scaretacktix
                            ScareTacktiX

Comment

Can't use sliders at my event since it is all dirt. They are fun to watch.

As a fun aside, at Knott's, the sliders used to have a pretty spectacular show they did for crowds awaiting the Hanging in which they demonstrated their sliding skills. Impromptu at first, then other monsters would use ropes to hold back the crowds from the sliding area. One year they built up an area fence in the middle, am not sure. Their talents were fun to watch, a 40 foot slide run, going between other monster's legs, jumping over prone monsters on the ground all in one long slide.
                              The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

Comment

That's beauty of our monster gloves, they are not manufactured as slider glove, there main purpose is to get that controlled scare!!! You don't need concrete or asphalt... all you need is a creative mind. These gloves will work with any thing in your haunt that can be touched or slapped to create an array of different sounds.

ScareTacktiX
                                ScareTacktiX

Comment

Working...
                                X