No announcement yet.

Extreme Makeover Home Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am surprised no one has commented on this one yet. This was probably one of the best editions of EHM I have seen. Im not a huge fan of the show, but this one was really cool...even aside from being haunt related.

Extreme kudos to everyone that made that possible.

It is really awesome what they did for the school and those kids. It got me teary eyed (in the happy way) several times during the program. I wish that the haunt portion of the show would have went into a little more detail and showed more of the build and great people that volunteered time and products, but was again still really good. Also watched the DIY Network Thrillvania special which was also very cool....I like how much detail that one showed...Dan did a great job on that one!

I think the industry needs to step up and fight to get more programming and recognition like this. This is one reason I was bummed that they didnt show how many people were involved with and volunteered their time and products for the EHM build....I talked to Jason from Screamline after he had gotten back and the stories he had sounded like a haunters dream team and resources to work with (so much being donated), wish the program again would have shown some of that, would have been some extra positive PR gold for the industry. The haunt really did look very cool too, I liked some of the nifty ideas they emplored. Im hoping to get out there to see it in person this year during their convention.

Mike "Pogo" Hach
    -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

I agree!!

We made a special effort to watch , and although it was a good cause, they made it look like Rob Zombie and that super gay designer did it all!
      We watched ecasue it's always cool to see people you know on tv, and we were so dissappointed. They should have at least shown all the designers, you know? We as a unit, don't get taken as serious as we should, because everybody thinks they can do this... shame really.

But on a positive note - WOW!!! To be able to make the money i hope they make, and ,make life better for those kids is freaking awesome!!!
      Do Vegan Zombies eat heads of lettuce?

Comment

For those that missed it on TV

http://www.hulu.com/watch/189419/ext...l-for-the-deaf
        sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

First off, thank you to all the people that came out to our School and gave of thier time, their products and expert design experiance to OSD!

While I am not allowed to tell you how we've done so far, let me jsut say it's been freakin amazing!

I am going to post pictures as soon as I can, we have one more wekend to run and I am so tired.... Below is just a sample of the build!

Scare Factory, Pale Night, Tattoo, Night Frights.net, Screamline, Ghost Ride, Mini Spot Lights, Andrew Strain from Knott's Scary Farm, Froggy's Fog, Ann From Wisconsin Fear Grounds, Davis Graveyard, Transworld, Toby Wayne Studios, Smooth - on, The makeup crew from FrightTown, VonCharron, and so many more that I am missing!

THANK YOU FOR MAKING OUR DREAMS COME TRUE!

I hope to come to TW and speak about the experiance of havig our haunt made over.

Plus (shameless plug) come out to the West Coast Haunters Convention in May, we are doing a tour of the nightmare factory this year!

As far as who build and or designed the haunt, no it wasn't Rob Zombie, he gave advice and had some time to help out, but he's busy, he coem in toward the end of the shoot. And no Micheal didn't design it either, he has input and say so and all that, but David and others from the haunt industry along with an amazing team of designers from lock and Key productions, headed up by one Alex Lacey, did the real design.

More to follow!

Ed Roberts
          Founder - The Nightmare Factory
          Attached Files
          Ed Roberts
          Founder
          The Nightmare Factory
          www.nightmarefactorysalem.com
          www.westcoasthauntersconvention.com

Comment

I'm sure a bunch of people thought to themselves... hey I'm going to be on TV or get all this press for me and my company. Doesn't seem like the show promoted any of the people who did all the work on the haunt outside of dave who got a couple minutes.

I think the show was pretty cool but yeah there are probably people disappointed that they didn't get the credit they thought they might deserve. I would also agree it seemed like that one guy and Rob did everything... I'm sure that is not the case.

I didn't watch the show on TV so thanks for the link...

When its all said and done lets just say the school got ONE AWESOME new dorm room, that was simply if you ask me the best thing about what happened. Those kids have to be on cloud nine and that is very important.

The design work on the interior of that dorm was just awesome.

I also liked the end which showed the haunt tripled its attendance which is the best thing that could have happened.

All in all this was an amazing result for the school even if a few people who did a lot of work to build the haunt didn't get air time or whatever.

Congrats on everything the show did for your school!

Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President
            www.HalloweenProductions.com
            www.BlacklightAttractions.com
            www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
            www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

There always has to be those people who rain on others parade.

Who cares who did it!

If you ever watch the show, it has nothing to do with who built it.

Its all about the people they do it for.

Its thier time in the lime light - not the creators or designers.

Smasters
              Last edited by smasters; 11-03-2010, 05:50 AM.

Comment

I could care less either way if I made it on the show or not.

What does matter to me is we built, painted, detailed, propped out and lit a 10,000 + sq. ft haunt in a matter of days for a school that needed it and deserved it.

I think it showcased what our Industry is capable of and really showed the artistry of what goes into our attractions these days.

I was able to work side by side with old friends as well as making new ones, the memories created and the difference we made in other people lives are something I will not forget.

Hundreds of people working together for a common goal, no fighting, no arguing, no "I'm better than you attitudes" just a well oiled machine that got the job done together!

It's amazing what people can accomplish when they put their differences aside and work together.
                Mike "Tattoo" Krausert

Senior Project Manager

Thirteenth Floor Entertainment Group

www.thirteenthfloor.com

President - Bad Boys Scenic Design

Comment

Good for you Tattoo!

Thats exactly the right attitude and point of view!

Great Job!

smasters

Comment

I am still waiting for a full list of who donated to the haunt...

I guess the show was going to be a two hour special, but it got nixed, so how do you take 240 hours of footage and make it into 45 mins?

ABC and the team of amazing designers and haunters and volunteers all did what they set out to do, they helped boost our attendacne through the roof!

I am glad it brought a little more attention to haunted houses and Halloween as well. It has also helped boost the economy in our town!

We have one more twoday run, the 5th and 6th, then we shut the doors and get ready to ramp it up for next year. The other thing this build has done for us is taken us to a level of haunting we've always wanted to have, but could never afford to do. Now we get to play with the big bois!

Ed Roberts
                    Attached Files
                    Ed Roberts
                    Founder
                    The Nightmare Factory

Comment

Ed,

That new dorm you guys got looks amazing. I'm sure your kids love it to death it looked like moving from the outhouse to the penthouse. Those designers did an amazing job on that place wow it looked great.

I'm happy to hear your attendance shot up through the roof...that should really help you program.

Larry
                      Larry Kirchner
                      President
                      www.HalloweenProductions.com
                      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

congrats to everyone that was involved!
                        that was super cool. and was really cool to see scare factory get some shine for what they were involved with... maybe thats why they got bashed. they were doing something for charity.. maybe they arent soo bad after all

this school def needed something like that. now they will be able to continue with the fundraising they need!

i plan one getting a charity involved with my haunt as well. why not give back to the community!? im sure there will be a couple nights of the season that i get someone involved!
                        Henry GQ - Fear Factory Erie, Pennsylvania. www.fearfactoryerie.com

Comment

Tattoo - I'm so glad it went so smoothly! I'm proud of all the egos set aside and pulling together!
                          The haunt looks amazing! Nightmare Factory - you got the golden ticket, just don't steal fizzy lifting drink! LOL!!!!
                          Can't wait to see and hear more about the experience!
                          To Smasters - no raining on the parade, just thought I would see more haunt. And i realize that's not " the point" of the show, but it was a huge part of it, so i assumed it would be there. I'm sure that Mike and I aren't the only ones who thought that. Just my opinion.
                          Do Vegan Zombies eat heads of lettuce?

Comment

Wow... Just wow. I thought I'd be watching a show about a haunt getting an upgrade, and then I saw a teenager HEAR his mother say "I love you" for the first time. Very moving. I wasn't expecting that.

I think the dorm and the haunt look great!

Comment

Here are a few more picutes of the new haunt, pre show and queue line.

Remember if you can make it our to the West Coast Haunters Convention we will be doing both lights one and lights off tours of the haunt.

Other tours this year will include Milburn's haunted manor and the Haunted House at the Enchanted Forest!!!

Enjoy the pictures... (pictures by Marci Brandt of photo capitvate)
                              Attached Files
                              Ed Roberts
                              Founder
                              The Nightmare Factory

Comment

WOW I just saw this thread watched the whole video. Congrats on the haunt! It looks fantastic! I am so glad you guys had such a great season!
                                *Sigh*I can't wait til' October

Comment

Working...
                                X