Checking In...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Checking In...

How's everyone doing? Are you done, almost done, behind or just getting started. I can say I am stressed and so fed up with red tape. I can say one thing I want ever have to worry with a haunt being in Huntsville Alabama! I am going to try my best to pull off the impossible this year ( I hope!) I know when this is all over I will be glad I did it but man on man! Anyway I hope all of you guys and gals are doing well and your all in my thoughts! Shane and its tell me where you stand! Shane this time.
    sigpic

Hey buddy, I hope you can get everything straightened out for this year. And believe me... if I was done with our show right now, I'd drive over there to help you out for a few days.

As for us, we are trucking along, but I think we're a little bit behind. We open on Sept 16th, and we'll probly be finishing a week before.

WE redesigned almost the entire place. We had 17 rooms last year, and we have 28 rooms this year, with only 3 scenes staying the same.

Hopefully I can get some pics up in the next few days to show our progress.
    Brad Bowen
    Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
    www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

Brad

My friend good to see ya buddy! I wish you all the best for the 2010 season! Shane and its keep in touch! Shane this time!
      sigpic

Comment

Pulling our hair out!

Brad, Shane,
        We are stressing over here at Folklore! Kevin keeps reasurring Stewart and I that we are right on track, but I am having heart failure! We have most of Nightshade Manor's walls put up, and we have started propping out some of the rooms. Most of the rest of the haunt is built, except for our swamp, and for the walls that we are leaving down until the ordered animations arrive. I will feel better when we get the large animations here, so we can get everything in place. We have most of our actors and makeup artists hired, and we are starting to get sponors. I guess we are doing okay.

I told Shane today that we need to all get together after the season and have a hell of a party! Kind of what we did last year when we all got together and went to Netherworld.
        Dewayne Anglin

Director of Operations
        Sleepy Hollow Productions, LLC/ Folklore Haunted House
        www.folklorehauntedhouse.com

sigpic

Comment

Hey Guys! Hang in there, you all have made super progress!! I, on the other hand, will not open this year. Couldn't do it. Next year for sure though. I wish you all the best this season. Brad, I will be there to help you out and Shane, hopefully I can make it out to see DISTURBIA!! Can't wait. Folklore, you guys look amazing. I would love to come see your show. Happy Haunting and remember to BREATH!!! An end of the season party sounds great!
          http://www.GraystoneHaunt.com

Comment

We have been working on and off all year. I have had a lot of health problems this year which had put us a little behind. But I feel like we have caught up and are right were we should be. Most rooms are started or almost complete. We once again redesigned the entire haunt, which we do every year. In two weeks our new facade goes up and gets painted. I can't wait to see the finished product. All in all I am quite pleased with my construction team this year. I really had to count on them more than ever before to help me get it done this year!

Happy haunting,

Howie "Slobber" Erlich
            Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction
            www.deadlyintentionshaunt.com
            1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

Comment

We are behind because we don't have a building. We have looked and looked and can't seem to find one. I doubt we are doing it this year. Kind of stinks that the only thing stopping you is a building but it is a good year to take off anyway. Bill is getting married and I have some stuff important to me that I would like to do anyway.
              Jared Layman

Comment

2010 Opening

I hope all of you have a good year. I won't be opening this year either. I have investors meeting with me on Aug 20th, but that doesn't give me enough time to open the doors this year. I will have the doors open and be ready to rock and roll in 2011. Question for everyone out there. Since I can't get ready in time this year do you think I should advertise a short opening like a 3 or 4 day weekend next year prior to the grand opening in October?

Comment

Hey Brad, How many square feet do you have at your haunt?

Comment

Excellent Folklore is near Atlanta I think I will hit you guys and Netherworld on sept 24th at least this is what I am aiming for maybe I can get the boss and his family to go to hmmm plan forming.......
                    Proud to be able to work at
                    http://www.haunted-hollow.com/

Comment

Our haunt this year is "Descent" and we'll open for our first year on September 24, with a friends and family night on September 23. We've got about 75% of our walls up and will finish construction this weekend. Then I have to go back and do lights, sound and decorating. Being our first year I'm terrified that we're really behind, but I've got a lot of friends pitching in. Late nights don't bother me and I'm sure there will be quite a few in my near future! I guess I'm ready for trial by fire! One good thing is that the city and fire people have been very good to work with.
                      http://www.hauntedozarks.com

Comment

Death Row right on track!

Originally posted by graystone View Post
                        How's everyone doing? Are you done, almost done, behind or just getting started. I can say I am stressed and so fed up with red tape. I can say one thing I want ever have to worry with a haunt being in Huntsville Alabama! I am going to try my best to pull off the impossible this year ( I hope!) I know when this is all over I will be glad I did it but man on man! Anyway I hope all of you guys and gals are doing well and your all in my thoughts! Shane and its tell me where you stand! Shane this time.
                        Just keep your head held high, you'll make it! We're about to wrap up our construction phase, most of the tools are getting put up now, our signs are out at the street corners. We're getting together soon with our local radio station to begin our promotions soon, & right now we're making calls to get all the different inspections done. We're getting geared up!
                        John Elks - Staff

www.deathrowhauntedhouse.net

Comment

Hey Shane/Everyone

We have been building since last November - so I am getting a bit burnt out, but we are on our FINAL home stretch. This weekend should complete our build and final scenic dressing. After that, all we have to wait for is our web gun and some other misc props to come in. Then its off to Media/marketing and outdoor stuff.

Ordered our tickets and posters last night. So exciting I must say, opening my own haunt. Cannot express the feeling I have right now. I am sure you all have been there.

We open October 1st. Still have a lot of piddly stuff to do - but we will get there. I think I am going to put my guys on the 'list' and I am going to keep going through to add more layers of detail.

Our show is smaller than our original plan for our 1st year, but it over shoots our plan for detail. I figure I can hit that one home. We are at about 19,000 Square feet now.

Have a great build weekend everyone!

Erick
                          "My day is not complete unless I have terrified a complete stranger!"

Erick James Gyrion
                          Owner - Oblivion Haunted House
                          Menasha, Wisconsin

www.oblivionhauntedhouse.com

Comment

Working...
                          X