Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for digital audio player with speaker for ambient sound

Hey Guys,

Ive been looking around for a solution for the last few days but wanted to get some suggestions, i want a simple device that will play audio through its own speaker (i.e. no external amp required). This device could either accept a USB sticker or have built in memory. I have looked at and used ipod docks / alarm clocks in the past, but im lookign for something more simple. Doesnt need to support iPod, just loop an audio file!

What do you guys use for ambient noise in rooms?

Shawn
    Shawn
    Fear Engineer
    HauntedHouse.ca

I cannot attest for the products as I havent tried them out, but onlyfactorydirect.com has some decent prices and most of the powered speakers have built in MP3 controls that run off memory card or flash drive. They were at both Transworld and MHC this year. I was looking for some good speakers to accompany a firefly lightning system and that was one of the places I was looking at.

Mike "Pogo" Hach
    -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

http://www.frightideas.com/controllers/picofx.html

Ask for Doug ....

I have used this and like it !

also the pico Boo F1 - 105

Casey ...... CREEP HOUSE

Comment

screamcube from gore galore

Comment

We have been very please with the speakers we got from onlyfactorydirect.

Comment

Fright ideas - i know the owner/engineer, Travis, he is only about an hour from us! The pico boo would work, but then i need an external speaker, and then make my own enclosure, its just not "proffesional" enough once full assembled.

Screamcube - im pretty sure this is batter operated and lots of $$$. i need something affordable.

I checked onlyfactorydirect and found something called a PPM8, is this the model you got? Again it looks battery operated
            Shawn
            Fear Engineer
            HauntedHouse.ca

Comment

Did you see this model?

http://www.onlyfactorydirect.net/p/12%22+USB+Port+Active+Speaker+JUST+ARRIVED!++|+PP1 204CA/powered+speaker+active+loudspeaker/218/

It has a USB port & SD card reader for playing directly from the speaker...
              Last edited by beardedbil; 08-11-2010, 10:47 PM.
              Bill Rod.
              Dark Tech Effects
              Automated DMX Lighting
              Show Control - Audio / Visual Effects

Comment

I got just the thing!

This is an all in one package. And it has a lot of clean power too.

Click on link below.

http://poisonprops.com/index.php?mai...roducts_id=138
                sigpic
                PEACE, ADAM
                www.poisonprops.com

Comment

Originally posted by beardedbil View Post
                  Did you see this model?

http://www.onlyfactorydirect.net/p/12%22+USB+Port+Active+Speaker+JUST+ARRIVED!++|+PP1 204CA/powered+speaker+active+loudspeaker/218/

It has a USB port & SD card reader for playing directly from the speaker...
                  We have purchased many of these speakers. Great customer service, as well. Lifetime gauruntee. Cant go wrong with them. Awesome company.
                  "My day is not complete unless I have terrified a complete stranger!"

Erick James Gyrion
                  Owner - Oblivion Haunted House
                  Menasha, Wisconsin

www.oblivionhauntedhouse.com

Comment

I think they have an 8" version, PPM8, for $129 or something that look like it would fit the bill. However there site says they only ship within the usa, im in canada, so im trying to get a hold of them to see if they can accomodate me!
                    Shawn
                    Fear Engineer
                    HauntedHouse.ca

Comment

Working...
                    X