I'm STRESSED!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm STRESSED!!

It has been FOREVER since I have let my home going anywhere...let alone jumping on a plane and calling myself going on vacation.

I...AM...STRESSED!!

Being at TW is going to be a trip of a lifetime for me. But, preparing to go is what is absolutely, undeniably overwhelming.

For starters, I have to get my house in order. It is a complete mess! I've always said I was born to have a maid and I'm sticking to that story. :wink: My sis is coming over to take care of my boys and she keeps her house in great shape..smelling good and all. And then there's me.... :lol:

Next, I have to get my sons in order. Their medications, routines..ALL of that has to be recorded so my sis will know what to do and when.
    I have to go grocery shopping so they will have food to eat. My sis does not drive, so I have to make sure they have everything they need.

And my little Emilio...OH, how I am going to miss him so. :cry: I'm not sure he's going to do well with my abscence. I've been the soul caretaker of him since he was born. Most of you know that he's Autistic and basically nonverbal. Although he has a computer that he ocassionally speaks through, he really tries to speak on his own and most of the time I can understand. BUT...will my sister? He is also very big on the days of the week and what is happening "tomorrow." He always says to me, "Tomorrow is (include the day of the week and activity here)." Emilio has this large magnetic calendar where he places the season, year, month and days on it. There are also lots of magnetic round pieces that have different holidays and activities on them to be placed on the appropriate days. Well, I printed two small pictures of myself and two small pics of my sister, doubled a small piece of tape on the back of them and placed them on top of four of the round pieces. I then wrote "Bye Bye" on one of my pics and also on one of my sister's. I also wrote "Back Home" on my other pic and "Hi" on the last of my sister's pics. Lastly, I called Emilio in his room, placed my "Bye Bye" pic on the 21st as well as my sis' "Hi" pic. I explained to him that I was going to be leaving, but would be back. That's when I put the last two pics of my "Back Home" and sis' "Bye Bye" on the 25th. I also showed him my suitcases hoping he would get the gist of the whole thing. He seemed perfectly fine with it, but I know him. If it is not clear to him now, it will be soon and then I will see that said little face that just tears me apart.

I KNOW that I need this vacation. Even if it's no more than to get away from this sickening cat I got about two months ago that won't let me out of her sight!!! (HER I will be GLAD to get away from!) I know that my sons need time away from me and I, as a mom, need time away as well. But, why does it all have to be so hard and....STRESSFUL? See? I just yelled at my 15 year old to leave me alone...I have to go apologize.

I just needed to vent. Back to work......

You are such an incredibly special person Emp! Your message brought tears to my eyes man! You'll be caught up in having such a good time, you won't have time to worry and stress once you arrive in Chicago! I know you've got a lot of hugs waiting for you and mine is just one! See you REAL soon! Things at home will be fine, you'll see. :wink:

Kel
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Awe Gwen... I can't wait to meet you in person! Your such a sweetheart... See you at TW! -Tyler
      Chris Riehl
      Sales@spookyfinder.com
      (586)209-6935
      www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Dont fret Gwen. Your family will do fine and you will have all kinds of friends waiting to meet you there. C ya Fri. Ron
        www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

You;ll get hrough it and think, you vacation will be good because its your passion and comign home is always richer because you know love and open arms will be waiting.

"The Original Haunt Industry, Halloween and Horror Podcast"
          http://rfrpodcast.com

COSTUMES FOR KIDS
          "Bringing Halloween to Disabled and Less Fortunate Children"
          http://www.costumesforkids.net

Comment

You got me all choked up!

First off, breathe!

It sounds like you are doing everything right. Making sure that everything will be taken care of while you are away. Everyone will be fine. It'll be good for them, as well as for you. It's only a few days...you'll get to enjoy yourself, they'll get to spend time with their aunt and when you get back, I can pretty much guarantee you'll be getting some big hugs.

Everyone who is going, have a great time...and be sure to take care of our Empress!
            www.mindseizure.com
            www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

Will do SPFXChic! Wish you were going to be there to help take care of Emp too!

Kel
              Chris Riehl
              Sales@spookyfinder.com
              (586)209-6935
              www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Gwen-
                I don't know if I could be any help at all, but please don't hesitate to call me if you need anything. I will be heading out to Chicago on Wednesday, but I would be happy to help out before then if you could use any help.

Otherwise I hope you enjoy your trip, you deserve it!
                Heartstoppers
                Haunted House

Sacramento, CA

www.scaredyou.com

www.fb.com/heartstoppers
                www.twitter.com/heartstoppershh

Comment

You think you're stressed now.....

All I can say is that if you think you're stressed now...wait til you spend 3 straight hours on a bus with me. The word some people are using is suicidal!!! Anyway, the kids have a way of dealing with things like this better than the parents do. You'll come home only to learn what a great time they had and you'll be...didn't you guys miss me even a little?
                  There are plenty of other things to worry about...like getting your plane hijacked to Saudi Arabia where you would be forced to wear one of those stupid looking burquas and spend the rest of your life being mistaken for Michael Jackson. Oh no...I called burquas stupid looking...now I'm sure there will be a fatwa placed on my head.....or worse...maybe Bob "The Snitch" Turner can run to Transworld again to try to turn me in for being politically incorrect or just plain insensitive. See...so many other things to worry about. See you in a few days.....ps...drugs help...a lot :shock:

Comment

Emp , just repeat these things in your head until you feel better. "I am Gwen, I am an amazing person, I am going to transworld , I will be back on Monday."
                    If you need any help with anything send me an email.
                    -PH
                    www.HauntGraphics.com

Comment

I'm right there with you GF!

Do men ever get this stressed out about leaving the house and kids??? I mean, at least MY son is 16 and can stay by himself without any major hassels... but I still have to get all the laundry and dishes done... arrange to get him to school and back... Make sure my shop is in order and PRAY that my dad is feeling well enough to go to work.

Of course, none of that stacks up to your conserns for your son, Gwen! But it's just a MOM thing to worry about those we leave behind when we go. But trust me, everyone will be fine.
                      ------------------------
                      The child is grown, the dream is gone.
                      I have become comfortably numb.

Comment

WELL

Well we are trying to make the trip nicer for you Gwen!

I ordered warmer weather for you here in Chicago....looks like high 30's and low 40's for the rest of the week....it is a heat wave for us!

And all the snow is melting!
                        Gee could it get any better than this?

Comment

Originally posted by Raycliff Manor
                          Will do SPFXChic! Wish you were going to be there to help take care of Emp too!

Kel
                          Me, too! *pout*

You all have a wonderful time! I'll keep the boards warm for you all!
                          www.mindseizure.com
                          www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

Kel, Tyler, Ron, Jonathan, Janine, Joel, Rich, Braden, Scar and Ken....

THANK YOU for your kind and encouraging words! Even though I have been running like a chicken with my head cut off, I did stop by the forum to read your words....thank you for consoling me and giving me advice on drugs (Rich! LOL! 8) )

I can honestly say that things are looking a bit clearer today....I think I'm gonna make it.

You're wonderful people!

See ya soon!

Gwendel

Comment

Working...
                            X