How does a coupon work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does a coupon work?

Yes yes I know you take money off, but are the sponsors paying you for putting the coupons in their store to attract foot traffic or it is advertising for you?

I assume you are talking about putting out discount coupons at other retail sites that are redeemable at your haunt-

Well I suppose anything is possible- based on your creativity, but I'd be VERY surprised if anyone paid you to do so.

I also suspect that sort of promotion is going to have small value in most cases, but what I have learned over the years is that coupon displays are most effective, not as a source of discount to the customer, but as mini advertising for your business- awareness building.

Also placement of displays is very important- Placing one right next door is a waste, while putting them outside your primary market area is also a waste. You need to consider your potential customers tastes and interests first and pick related locations in high traffic areas within your market area to get the highest possible response.

Also, consider the opportunity to entice a potential display site by offering reciprocal opportunity for them at your business. Of course footing the bill for it is probably going to be necessary.

Probably one of the best looking (professional), and smallest footprint displays I've seen is the business card display approach. Coupons the size of business cards, placed in a nice business card holder. Because they are so small most retail places will allow you to put them right next to their registers- which is the best placement possible.

Bottom line though- I would spend my advertising dollars on other media.
    How can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temple of his gods.

What you put into your mind- you put into your life.

www.zombietoxin.com

Comment

Thanks Toxin

Comment

They Work?

News to me.
        Save alot of trouble and time, instead just rip a hole in your back pocket, fill the pocket full of money , then walk around town.
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Coupons should be the engine that drives your promotions.
          You have radio or tv ads that state " Pick up discount coupons at
          x,y,z, sponsors."

To be part of your program x,y,z sponsors must now add you to all of THEIR advertising.
          "Stop in and pick up discount coupons to 666 Haunted House" Now you incease your exposure exponentially.

Sponsor will advertise if there is a reason to drive traffic to his location. The coupon is that reason. We pay for the coupons. Sponsors distribute them.

Also we tried several different monetary values. If it's too cheap, no one bothers. If it's too expensive you loose too much.
          About three years ago we hit upon a value coupon. We purchase souvenir items like glow sticks, glow necklaces. Coupon entitles patron to one FREE Glow Item!!

Here you have a perceived value. You sell glow items for a couple bucks, but they only cost you say a quarter!! So the coupon now has the value of the RETAIL cost of the glow item but only costs you the wholesale amount!

The first year we gave them a choice of the glow item or money off.
          95% went with the glow item!! The next year we dropped the monetary coupon and went strictly to the value coupon.
          Last edited by RJ Productions; 08-08-2010, 02:30 AM.
          R&J Productions
          Las Vegas, NV
          www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

How much was the monetary value that you offered to take off (compared to the $2 glow sticks)?

Does anyone have a place they suggest for buying the glowsticks at wholesale?
            www.TerrorOfTallahassee.com

Comment

Working...
            X