Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-Shirt Sales

Fellow Haunters,
    We are trying to decide how many T-Shirts to get made up to sell at Folklore, and we are having trouble deciding on a number. How many do some of you typically order and sell each year??

Thanks for sharing the information. If you don't want to post it here, send me a private message.

Thanks.
    Dewayne Anglin

Director of Operations
    Sleepy Hollow Productions, LLC/ Folklore Haunted House
    www.folklorehauntedhouse.com

sigpic

Do people buy T-shirts for haunts?

Comment

yes.

black shirts.
      With things printed on them.

My favorite shirt: "I Didnot Survive
      Doctor Eval Bloodfeast's House of the Ultimate, Satannick Junior Leeches!"
      (Voted Suckiest!) Subsiderary of The Ravens Grin Inn.
      Printed on a lime green shirt, featuring a broken skull looking downward.
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

if you sell a 4XL

I will buy 2 of them. pleae let me know ! thanks, chuck MUST BE 4XL.

Comment

Which Sells? Art or Price?

Some just do collect shirts, any shirt from concerts, attractions, events, but concerning those who are not shirt collectors, what does make them sell? Art? Price? Combination of the two?
          I know the figures played with were just guesstaments for the sake of easy math but I would hope if 10,000 haunt customers enjoyed a house that you could then sell at least 100 shirts or more, unless maybe your admission was $65.00 a person (without a shirt!)
          Then after you determine how many to order begin figuring how many to order in each size!
          (The fun begins again!)
          We currently offer one design but with two different colors on just the house's name, either orange or bright green with the white pteradacyl skeketon in the backround across the chest.
          So more inventory for us! Lucky "Us"!
          We charge $15.00 but we guarantee them to be bullet-proof, if you are wearing one of our shirts when a bullet makes a hole in it, we will give you a new shirt!
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Honestly, it depends on the shirt from my experience.

Depending on the slogan/designs you will sell more shirts than others... I used to work for a haunt that did a different shirt every year and one year we sold THREE TIMES the amount from the year before (attendance variances factored in) simply because of what it said and how it said it...

Reasonably priced hoodies have done well for me as well
            Come see what lies BENEATH!
            www.cagleshauntedbarn.com

Comment

haunted paws

I buy them every year. Love the artwork and detail on the shirts. Wear them year 'round.... as long as I can get my size, I'm there........

Comment

As Brad (Umby) said....its all about the design...if its something cool looking it will likely sell more. It also helps if your attraction is "notorious" in your area...this will lend to people wanting shirts with your name on them.

Mike "Pogo" Hach
                -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

It depends on how cool the shirt looks and how well known your haunt is. If this is your first year, I don't recommend buying more than 20 t-shirts.

Comment

Another problem with T-shirts is that all of your volunteers, employees, relatives, etc will want a T-shirt for free if they see them. We gave like 30 T-shirts away last year because we felt guilty not giving someone who worked at the haunt one. Cost us around $200 bucks for those 30 T-shirts. I'd recommend just forgetting the T-shirts. Although, if you do find a way to make them profitable, they can be a free advertisement for your haunt.

Comment

Working...
                    X