Need Honest Participation from Every Haunt Owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Honest Participation from Every Haunt Owner

I am finishing some touches on my business proposal / plan for the local bank, and they are looking for other haunts information for somewhat of an "average" baseline.

I am writing this to hopefully get some participation from you guys (as the owners or partners in owning)

If you could PM me with any of the following information, I would be beyond grateful:

Name of Haunt, Location
    Surrounding City Population
    Approximate Yearly Customers
    Costs to run per year
    Total income per year
    Approximate Haunt Square Feet
    Average Cost Per Ticket

I am not doing this to be a snoop, but I need this information so that I may show that most haunts are financially successful after their first few seasons....

THE INFORMATION YOU SEND ME WILL NOT BE SHARED WITH ANYONE HERE.

I REPEAT, THIS IS NOT FOR A CONVERSATIONAL TOPIC.

THIS IS STRICTLY PROFESSIONAL.

The only ones having access to this information will be those at the bank looking at my proposal, and my proposal has a non-disclosure agreement requiring a signature. So your information is safe with me.

You have not only my word as a professional, but also my honesty and integrity as a human being.

I would appreciate as much help as possible, as you guys are the backbone to this haunt industry, and I pray you are willing to help me out here...

Thanks so much in advance.
    Last edited by NightmareAftershockLLC; 07-31-2010, 07:47 PM.

Figures & Numbers

Seldom transfer well to accomplish any real total picture of what it takes to have success in the haunt field.
    A man can have a $10,000 tool kit, yet if he doesn't know what the tools are for and how they are used......
    There are numerous intangibles to be considered but "considering" can mostly turn into hot air when applied and So Many things can change seemingly the best situations into a non-event.
    My haunts numbers, ex cetra would do you no good at all, for instance since what I have created here is so different from anything you have within your personal vision of what your business should be or become, unless you want a haunt that's open every night of the year, located in a small out of the way village in the middle of nowhere and you need to do almost all of the work yourself, which is probably Not what you had in mind, right?
    Maybe as this weekend winds down someone will post here and try to find a way to help you out who is more where you see yourself being.
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

It might be more logical to provide your bankers information so that interested owners can contact directly?
      How can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temple of his gods.

What you put into your mind- you put into your life.

www.zombietoxin.com

Comment

zombietoxin perhaps you have misunderstood my question.

I am looking for number so that I can put them into my business proposal in comparison to our area and our local haunt numbers. Make sense?

Jim, I know your haunt is more of a personal tour than a haunt where they congo line people through, so I understand your input, and appreciate your response. However, any help you can give would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much!

Comment

I find this topic interesting because you see it pop up every year.

Nightmare I do not think you are going to get many or any serious responses to this thread. You are basically asking a business owner to open up their books to you. Make no mistake that this is a business. You could hardly expect to walk into Wal-Mart, Kroger, Midas, McDonalds and ask for the manager to show you the books.

Your business plan, while it would be nice to have hard numbers, is mostly a guessing game in relation to your demographics, how much you can afford, and how much you think it would cost to open.

You maybe are going about this the wrong way. Your bankers aren’t really looking for what hard numbers you can find. They are looking to see if you are doing your homework. They want to see you are using realistic numbers in how much you think it is going to cost and what contingencies you have in place should it go bad (lawsuit, fire, weather, etc.). They want their money no matter what happens to the Haunt.

I hope for you the best. Though you should know that if you get a business loan you would be the first that I have heard of.

Comment

Though you should know that if you get a business loan you would be the first that I have heard of.
            Luckily, the military tends to help me get loans

Thanks for the input however.

And I have had a few responses from owners MORE than willing to help me out. This industry isn't even comparable to any other ( as you said Wal Mart, etc?) , as we are mostly open to each other, and are helping each other out. You saying that no one would be willing to help is stereotypical, and honestly disappointing.

I am not posting this response to cause a problem, or spark a debate, simply to rebut.

Take care.

Comment

Working...
            X