Cheap Freight Shipping..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap Freight Shipping..

Does anybody have any contacts, or recommended companies on getting a few large Animatronics shipped?

Thank you!!

Paul Boyd

Paul,

The issue with freight shipping is how they quote it. The "quote" is astronomically high, then they greatly discount it for customers with accounts. Example:

I may get a quote that says my shipping will be $5000, but with my discount applied (78%) it's nearly $1000. The best thing for you to do is set up an account, otherwise you'll get hosed on cost. I use UPS Freight, but theree are many.

Hope this helps.
    Kip Polley
    www.palenight.com

Pale Night Productions
    We Engineer Fear

Comment

What was that website that let people sign up to move things or have them moved? Uship.com. Weship.com. Youship.com? Something like that. You put in the two zip codes and how big and heavy the item is and what you wanted to pay and if anyone was making a trip between those two points or along the way they would either accept your bid or ask for more.

There were some good prices. The downside was that oftentimes it was someone who had a little space down the side of a trailer where he could strap something. If the items weren't too valuable it was a good deal.

Comment

http://www.unishippers.com/

Comment

Chep Shipping

I have shipped huge tents for super low rates with C H Robinson. Call Sarah, my rep in Reno Nevada 888-775-0121 or 775-828-3558. Tell her George Maser sent you (so she'll know you are about to ship something crazy). It does not matter where you live or where the freight is or is going.
          George Maser 864-761-7223, masertents@gmail.com. For the fastest response please call or text! (I talk much better than I type)

Comment

Thank You!!!

Great options, I will give them all a shot.

Have a Great night everyone and thank you for your input!!

Paul

Comment

Working...
            X