Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a specific prop

Hey Gang,

If you take a look at this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHIpdui5Mcg&NR=1 you'll see a wolf head prop with moving/snarling mouth. Does anyone know where to get something like this? Is anyone able to custom make something like this? If so, please shoot me an email at info@raycliffmanor.com and let me know and please provide a cost estimate. Ideally, I'd like it to be able to be triggered and include growling/snarling sound effects. Thanks!

Kel
    sigpic
    Kelly Allen
    Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
    www.RaycliffManor.com
    www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
    www.HauntBook.com

hauntitorium and Splatter fx both have very nice werewolf masks. But what you are looking at is either a foam latex or silicone piece with servos or hand cable control to work the moving features. In order to get a piece like this you are looking at spending thousands more to get this type of action. That is the main reason you don't see this kind of work in the haunt industry much yet.

We are developing working hands for our giant costumes but in order for us to bring them to the market and give them dependablity as a working product they will add atleast a thousand or more to the cost of a costume.

But if you can get someone local that does animatronics and is still learning you might be able to do this more reasonably.
    Kevin R. Alvey
    info at gore-galore.com
    www.gore-galore.com
    www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
    www.youtube.com/goregalore13
    www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

http://www.darkravendesigns.net/prod...s/werewolf.htm

Kevin
      MindWerxKMG, LLC

Comment

I had forgotten about Dark Raven's wolf. I didn't go to TW so it slipped my mind. It has a snarling lip and everything.
        Brian Warner
        Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
        Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
        Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

Nice looking piece, great movement and sound but the head seperates from the chest is very distracting. Perhaps using some material or latex to close the gap so it flows better it would perfect. Your eyes immediately go to the gap...

DA

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
            Nice looking piece, great movement and sound but the head seperates from the chest is very distracting. Perhaps using some material or latex to close the gap so it flows better it would perfect. Your eyes immediately go to the gap...

DA
            I noticed the same thing... really bugs me.
            Brett Hays, Director
            Fear Fair
            www.fearfair.com

Comment

All that really needs to happen is they should have sculpted it with the intention to separate it just under the jaw line rather than using the entire mask as one piece. I am sure you could go to them and say I think I would like it better if you did this for us and they could do it. But it does show that the technology is lining up for our industry. It is another advancement.

I think there have been several real advancements in this industry over the last couple years.
              Kip from Pale Night combining animatronics with video.
              Distortions with their ubber cheap rocking animatronics, And the gargoyle costume slash animatronic. Great piece.
              Edge designs with the transformers, all the other electrical components, and all the Frankenstein decor making putting a scene together so much easier.
              The increased use of vacuform.

It was a first and you will continue to see more and more advancements like this happening. All the creativity in this industry both from vendors and haunters makes me proud to be a part of it. And hopefully we will continue to impress. You can expect to see us thinking outside the box more this next year. We have designed and are implementing some crazy concepts for our client as we speak. And you will get to see them at Transworld next year. We already have our booth booked.
              Last edited by Gore Galore; 06-11-2010, 06:10 AM.
              Kevin R. Alvey
              info at gore-galore.com
              www.gore-galore.com
              www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
              www.youtube.com/goregalore13
              www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

I agree Kevin, tons of great new ideas and scenic decor available lately.

Regarding the wolf, it would seem to be an easy fix to make it look perfect and sealed up nicely. It's a great piece nonetheless.

DA

Comment

Thanks for sharing the video Kevin! Sweet!

What I'm hoping to find at some point is the wolf head mounted on a plaque that comes to life with the snarling lip, growling, moving ears, moving eyes, etc. I'm not sure if it could be done though at a marketable price point to make it profitable.

Kel
                  sigpic
                  Kelly Allen
                  Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
                  www.RaycliffManor.com
                  www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
                  www.HauntBook.com

Comment

Kelly,
                    Here is the simplest solution in my opinion.
                    http://www.bpesolutions.com/bpemodel.html
                    the above unit moves a servo to a sound track
                    Go to the "mechanical mouth move unit".
                    then pick a good werewolf mask, I recommend
                    http://www.hauntatorium.com/masks.html
                    It can already come with an underskull, get the latex one.
                    If you need help rigging it up let me know and I can talk you through it.
                    Allen H
                    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
                    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Working...
                    X