New Haunt Opening! Track our Progress!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
    Looks cool. The shirts might sell but I doubt the other things will but your actors would love them I'm sure!

DA
    We will upsell the coffee mugs with hot chocolate and they will go like mad. We have done this at another haunt I worked with and they were quite popular. We are doing can koozies just because I wanted some for beer.
    "My day is not complete unless I have terrified a complete stranger!"

Erick James Gyrion
    Owner - Oblivion Haunted House
    Menasha, Wisconsin

www.oblivionhauntedhouse.com

Comment

Please adopt me!

I just picked up on this thread and you guys are living my dream! You guys ooze talent and will go far! What an awesome achievement on such a small budget! Which brings me to my question, how can you afford the logos, merchandise, build, and huge building on a 20K budget (we are hoping to open a charity haunt next Halloween so very budget constricted as well)? It is really amazing as everything is extremely professional looking. I hope you are documenting everything as eventually writing a book and/or speaking at haunter's conventions should really be in your future.

I might just investigate how long it will take to drive from Ohio to Wisconsin to check out your haunt this season!

Comment

Thanks!

Originally posted by Rippersrevenge View Post
        I just picked up on this thread and you guys are living my dream! You guys ooze talent and will go far! What an awesome achievement on such a small budget! Which brings me to my question, how can you afford the logos, merchandise, build, and huge building on a 20K budget (we are hoping to open a charity haunt next Halloween so very budget constricted as well)? It is really amazing as everything is extremely professional looking. I hope you are documenting everything as eventually writing a book and/or speaking at haunter's conventions should really be in your future.

I might just investigate how long it will take to drive from Ohio to Wisconsin to check out your haunt this season!
        We have actually only spent 8k on construction costs of wall panels, etc. All props and merch is coming out of our own pockets whenever we feel like purchasing. The logos were done by myself, self taught in photoshop. Our website was a main investment (and an important one) being completed as we speak by Chad Savage of Sinister Visions. (www.sinistervisions.com) I HIGHLY reccomend him. Hes GREAT to work with!

Come on out and check us out! We would love to have you! Let me know if you come and we can set up a pre show tour.

Erick James Gyrion
        Menasha, Wisconsin

Comment

Oblivion...only 8k?! wowwwww!!! Definitely a haunt I look up to!!! Can't wait until my day.

Is your merch set up in an online store? cafepress, etc?! I want a koozie!!!!! Awesome idea to upsell the mugs with hot chocolate...true industry visionaries !!
          O'Shawn McClendon
          Creative Chair -- Operator: Cayce-West Columbia Hall of Horrors

One mans junk is another mans kick-ass new prop...

http://www.hallofhorrors.com

http://twitter.com/hallofhorrors

http://cwchallofhorrors.blogspot.com

http://www.youtube.com/hallofhorrors

http://www.myspace.com/cwcjc_hallofhorrors

Comment

Oblivian,

Thats a great idea using the mugs for selling hot chocolate, I wasn't thinking that! What do they sell for as an upcharge and do you recommend a good source for having the mugs made with logos? Interesting.... This is where having a great logo pays off!

Thanks,
            DA

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
              Oblivian,

Thats a great idea using the mugs for selling hot chocolate, I wasn't thinking that! What do they sell for as an upcharge and do you recommend a good source for having the mugs made with logos? Interesting.... This is where having a great logo pays off!

Thanks,
              DA
              We ordered ours from Discountmugs.com

Erick James Gyrion
              Menasha, Wisconsin

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel
                What a class act you are. College education really shows with you. I'll be in St.Louis in March, and if you plan to find me don't bother booking multiple nights at the hotel. All talk no action and yes I know how crooked you are Mike!

Oblivian didn't need or ask you to stick for him I didn't think certain things would sell but he's creative with his concept and they will and he was kind about it and not offended as it wasn't meant to offend. Mind your business. PM me if you wish stop detracting from his thread.

DA
                Easy, gents. If you have an issue with one another please work it out personally and not on the hauntworld forum. I was not offended in the least.
                All is well. Lets take a breath.

Erick James Gyrion
                Menasha, Wisconsin

Comment

Looking good guys!

Comment

You guys are doing great! I Wanna by a poo thing! I'm thinking about bringing my crew up your way early in the season to see your haunt. Its only about 3 hrs from chicago.

Keep up the bad ass work!

Pete
                    FS
                    Fables Studios
                    Your Home For Horror

www.FablesStudios.com
                    https://www.facebook.com/FablesStudios

Comment

• Originally posted by FablesStudios View Post
                      You guys are doing great! I Wanna by a poo thing! I'm thinking about bringing my crew up your way early in the season to see your haunt. Its only about 3 hrs from chicago.

Keep up the bad ass work!

Pete
                      FS
                      Absoluetly! Just let me know and we can set up a tour.

Erick James Gyrion
                      Menasha, Wisconsin

Comment

• Thanks Erick, I meant no offense in the least. Glad you felt that way.

Back to what matters, everything is looking great!

DA

Comment

• "My day is not complete unless I have terrified a complete stranger!"

Erick James Gyrion
                          Menasha, Wisconsin

Comment

• My first post to these forums. I've been lurking since forever...

Oblivion you are living my dream, you are doing exactly what I want to do with the same budget. Your sets look incredible, you could have said you had a 100k budget and fooled everyone no problem.

Keep posting things, this is one of my favorite threads on the internet!!

Comment

• snOw,

Welcome to the board! You should post in the introduce yourself thread!

DA

Comment

• Hey Fear Asylum,

Happy 4th of July buddy!

DA

Comment

Working...
                                X