No announcement yet.

New Haunt Opening! Track our Progress!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think your under charging? I went to a crappy hayride in my area and it was $15 but I'm in the Northeast.

Comment

• On your commercial is it for TV spots or the internet? Also might wanna take off the other branding you have at the end as people might get confused with so many things called oblivion?

Comment

• Really cool images, perfect lighting great job guys!

DA

Comment

• Beautiful detailing work Erick.

Jim
          Jim Shackelford, Co-Owner
          Haunt 2013, LLC
          and
          The House of Boo
          Dallas, TX
          www.haunt2013.com
          www.thehouseofboo.com

Comment

• Thanks for all the comments, guys! The glory of it all is the photographer cost me nothing. He is one of our lead actors and a student of mine. It's all about talking to your crew and finding out their talents. Same with the video. Cost me nothing.

My philosiphy is always to try to find something free. If you cant find it free - try to make it yourself. If you cannot make it yourself - find it cheap. If that fails - Buy it.

We are pluggin away over hear and almost done with the entire event. We are sitting at 9,000 dollars spent on the event build itself. The building cost comes off part of the tickets purchased at the door (this does NOT include online sales.)

Minispotlight.com is doing all of our lighting which should be installed here sometime soon. Again - I HIGHLY reccomend Bert from Minispotlight. The man is a lighting genius and VERY reasonable!

I will add yet some more photos that we had taken recently.

Cheers!
            Attached Files
            "My day is not complete unless I have terrified a complete stranger!"

Erick James Gyrion
            Owner - Oblivion Haunted House
            Menasha, Wisconsin

www.oblivionhauntedhouse.com

Comment

• Another great tip for those with medical scenes, asylums, etc. I found out that our local police station takes and disposes of prescription drugs. I went and explained that I was building a medical scene in my haunt and wondered what they did with the empty bottles. I came to find out that they recycle all of the bottles.

They now call me when they have a box full. I pick them up and they already have had people color over the names on the bottles with sharpies. It's amazing. Not saying this will work in your area - but worth a try for that added touch of detail!

Forgot to mention - I also got x-rays this way from a local doctor. Old abandoned copies of x-rays. It was amazing.

Erick James Gyrion
              Menasha, Wisconsin

Comment

• Originally posted by HauntedPaws View Post
                Do you think your under charging? I went to a crappy hayride in my area and it was $15 but I'm in the Northeast.
                We really wanted to focus on being the least expensive event for this area - this season. Next year we will probably jump to the standard around here which is about $14.00. We have also left about 8,000 square feet of the building un-used in hopes of expanding the attraction or building a second. We havent decided, but I would love one LARGE event for one LOW price.

Erick James Gyrion
                Menasha, Wisconsin

Comment

• Wow!

That detail is AMAZING! World class haunt you guys! It's incredible how little you spent!
                  *Sigh*I can't wait til' October

Comment

• You guys will have a great year!! Everything looks great!

Peter T
                    FS
                    Fables Studios
                    Your Home For Horror

www.FablesStudios.com
                    https://www.facebook.com/FablesStudios

Comment

• Everything just looks amazing, all the little details look awesome.

With a haunt as high quality as yours and with your low price your bound to have an amazing season.

Look forward to seeing it all lit up.

Comment

• This place is looking great...will have to put on my list of haunts to see when I'm not haunting...thats the only downfall of working in haunts yourself is not getting to see others as often.

Mike "Pogo" Hach
                        -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

• As requested - here are some high res photos of our 'quick facade'
                          We built it in a weekend. This cost us $200.00 and can be fully broken down.
                          We added some moving lights and flashy flashy -ness since we are next to the highway.
                          Attached Files

Erick James Gyrion
                          Menasha, Wisconsin

Comment

• $200? Thats insane. Did you build it out of cardboard? LOL. But seriously is it mostly plywood and paint? How did you weatherproof it?
                            Shawn
                            Fear Engineer
                            HauntedHouse.ca

Comment

• Originally posted by shawng View Post
                              $200? Thats insane. Did you build it out of cardboard? LOL. But seriously is it mostly plywood and paint? How did you weatherproof it?
                              We got a 5 gallon bucket of exterior primer in the mix of paints that was donated to us from a local paint store. Again - for all you haunters:

Most high end/corporate paint stores need to PAY to remove their mis tints from their stores and will donate it to you if you are a non profit. We got all of our base paints from there. Its a pain because you need to find the MSDS forms (if your inspector requires that) but other than that - its free paint!

It is just all 4x8 panels, sprayed and painted with exterior paint. The rivets are a HEX dowel that we chopped into 1'' peices. Window pannels are just that cheap drop ceiling light fixture plastic. Distressed with the glorious cheap spray paint (which fades the longer its out, and looks even more awesome)

The pannels are number on the backside and bolted together. There is access to the cages on the second level for actors, as well as behind the windows.

Erick James Gyrion
                              Menasha, Wisconsin

Comment

• Uber impressed as per usual, if you do design work for other haunts, i might be open to throwing some biz your way.
                                Shawn
                                Fear Engineer
                                HauntedHouse.ca

Comment

Working...
                                X