High Impact Outdoor Visuals???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Kel,
    Sure we are dealers of American DJ lights as well as Chauvet. Just let me know how many your looking for and I could get you a price quote. Also this is just my personal opinion, but I have seen many haunts do similar lighting like this at their attractions and sometimes it looks more like a club than what your actually trying to portray. It really all depends on the mood your going for outside of your haunt. Just let me know!
    Best,
    Bill
    Bill Rod.
    Dark Tech Effects
    Automated DMX Lighting
    Show Control - Audio / Visual Effects

Comment

Extra added profit in my idea

Of making a Police blinking lights display. As the teens approach all the illegal beer will be pitched out the window. Next morning walk down the road with a wheel barrow and fill it with free drinking material.
      This could be the same wheel barrow you use to take all the money to the bank in, this saves $ too, no use buying two wheel barrows.
      Just don't get caught wheeling that barrow with alcohol on your breath!
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I didn't figure you would have a budget for the giant scissor trailer creature, heck I don't even. It's just a cool idea I had that I hope to implement by next year. This year will be a giant static guy.

As for the dj lighting, I agree. Sometimes too much of it can make your haunt look like a club outside instead of a haunt. That's the reason I like search lights, and/or lots of strobes. Something quickly moving to catch the eyes. The only kind of dj lighting I think would be both would be the laser effects. They are hauntish and eye catching. Maybe a giant laser vortex or laser sky effect in the trees?
        Brian Warner
        Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
        Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
        Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

Last year we set up a lightning simulator with huge speakers in the trees for thunder.
          It was a real attention getter, it set an ominus tone and at the same time lit the place up.
          Ironically we didn't need it much last year as it rained every damn weekend.

Comment

30ft Gargoyle / Vampire

If interested in a 30ft Gargoyle / Vampire, click on the link below....

http://www.hauntworld.com/haunted_ho...2863#post92863

Thanks,
            John
            Last edited by xtremecreator; 05-16-2010, 03:40 PM.

Comment

John, I sent you a PM requesting the price on the inflatable.

Kel
              sigpic
              Kelly Allen
              Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
              www.RaycliffManor.com
              www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
              www.HauntBook.com

Comment

Hi Kel,

Yes read your PM. Let me look up what we paid and I will get to you ASAP.
                Thanks,
                John

Comment

I am thinking of cutting out our name out of metal and hooked to propane and burning.
                  Ken L.

http://www.thedreamsofdarkness.com

Comment

Kel,
                    I dont have any pics Im afraid. They were back lit by regular flood lights, they really were a great visual. Looked alot like this
                    http://www.hauntedoverload.com/Photo/2008/props/54.htm This is NOT MINE, its from haunted overload, but the concept is the same, back light with a colored flood light.
                    Allen H
                    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
                    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Thanks Allen! I wish I could make it out to your haunt my friend! You have a wealth of experience incorporated into your show and I'm sure it's an awesome event!

Kel
                      sigpic
                      Kelly Allen
                      Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
                      www.RaycliffManor.com
                      www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
                      www.HauntBook.com

Comment

They are called air dancers. I found this source for heavy duty ones at www.3dadvertising.net. There are also cheap ones on Ebay.

Comment

Awhile ago I was thinking..

Boom trucks are relatively cheap around here, still run..Pull up, raise the boom, dangling one of those tall wispy figures with the haunt name on it.
                          Somebody begins to get ready to complain, lower the boom, drive away!
                          Gone in 60 seconds!
                          Quite the attention getter too!

"Who was that tall, masked man?'
                          "I think it was the Loan Arranger!"
                          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Hot Air Balloon

If you have the space- We had a guy bring his hot air balloon and give teatherd glow rides. The balloon was incredibly lit up at night.

It was super cool- made me want to buy a balloon (but not in the budget)
                            http://www.springborohauntedhayride.com/links.html

Comment

We love big visuals!

One of the first visuals we bought, many moons ago, was a lit, blow up skull. Stands about 30' tall and then we mount it atop a 13' trailer. Gives quite a sight from the roadway.

Funny thing was the newspaper clipping. One of the guys in the pictures was on disability leave from his day job, and who shows up but the local newspaper photographer. Picture was on the front page!

I think the skull cost about $3000 and have only had to replace the blower in 10+ years.
                              Attached Files
                              http://www.piratesofemerson.com

Comment

Another great visual was our laser show. This was setup on our ship stage/float/facade.

Was fantastic, but very very expensive. Used a local laser company to set up the single 5 watt water cooled laser (no boys and girls, that is not a 5 mw typo) to simulate rigging on the ship. Had to get clearance from the FAA as we are almost under the flight path into Oakland. We initially were also going to project an image on the hills a mile or so away, but the California DOT wouldn't give us a clearance to shoot it across the freeway.

This system was all controlled from a single laser beam and a ton of mirrors. Some of the effects that I can;t find pictures of is the ability to draw our logo on top of the tents. Way cool!

Then we had mirrors set up all over the compound and randomly the laser fired that direction and created a ceiling over the entire 2 acres. If the fog happened to not blow away, it was all the more effective.
                                Attached Files
                                http://www.piratesofemerson.com

Comment

Working...
                                X