Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many air cannons do you all use?

Hey everyone,

Do you guys use a lot of air cannons throughout your haunts? I'm curious to get a consensus on how many are in each haunt....

Thanks,
    Allan

we had one last yr.this yr we will have 3.very effective prop

Comment

We don't have any...

...but they are fun to use!
      www.mindseizure.com
      www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

Orr last haunt 7500 sq ft had 3. Personaly I love them. They are inexpensive, you can hide them anywhere and it gets them every time
        Mike Bizub

Ghouls Gulch www.GHOULSGULCH.com

Comment

I used 5 last year across 6 houses. But then again I manufacture them, so I consider it research :twisted: There is nothing I like more than seeing tough guys hit the floor by my creations. I don't act so I have to scare from behind the walls, boy is it fun.
          Brian Warner
          Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
          Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
          Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

I thankfull, only have room in my pants for one air cannon and it must face backwards away from me the way it acts.
            Groan menn run away wimmenn faint and have to be rushed away and quickly checked in to a convent. chickens lay square eggs, and these were the roosters!
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

We have only used one so far, but we are looking at the possibility of adding one or two more this year. The one we used was definitely extremely effective! :twisted:

Kel
              Chris Riehl
              Sales@spookyfinder.com
              (586)209-6935
              www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

We used one this year, from Brian @ Evilusions, worked great! Looking at adding at least one more this year.
                Heartstoppers
                Haunted House

Sacramento, CA

www.scaredyou.com

www.fb.com/heartstoppers
                www.twitter.com/heartstoppershh

Comment

This will be our first year using air cannons and we're using two. I'm trying to find innovative ways of using them.
                  I started a thread similiar to this awhile ago:

http://hauntworld.com/phpbb/viewtopi...ght=air+cannon

When I bought the first one, the chairperson on the board thought that one more would be great. I wasn't so sure since I don't like to keep repeating the same type of scare. But, after asking here how the cannons can be used, I agreed with the chairperson that two would be great to have.

Comment

Thanks everyone. So most people seem to use just a couple... I do know they work well, and can be used in a variety of ways and situations effectively.

Thanks,
                    Allan

Comment

My loud sound-defect didn't used to be an air cannon, it was a 1/2 horse power electric motor spinning a big chain against the side of an empty 500 gallon steel drum, it also doubled as my door bell at one time.
                      I had it for a basement display too a flashing light illuminated two World War one machine gunners, it was the only time two of my long-term helpers here were ever scared, they said, the first time I introduced them to it as it was operating.
                      Now my doorbell is portable, in my pocket, a very small barrel with a small electrical motor, no machine gunners, though.
                      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

We only have one...when it works
                        Slash
                        "If you fail to plan, plan to fail"

Comment

Something new'
                          Try using an Automotive body shop air hammer!
                          Small and loud!
                          Ghoul Town

Comment

Originally posted by campdoc
                            Something new'
                            Try using an Automotive body shop air hammer!
                            Small and loud!
                            I actually built one of those into a metal floor, pointed it at the floor and made it loud and vibrate in the electric chair scene.
                            Brian Warner
                            Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
                            Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
                            Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

I once bought a brand new Wagoner paint scraper for $3.00 at a Salvation Army Store, it's small, noisey, the business-end only moves about 1/4 of an inch back and forth real fast. I hung a scrap of thick steel on wires infront of this inside a box and it makes a ringing bell-sound plus the mechanical sounding clang of something happening very quickly?
                              It works.
                              I think most designed noise-makers will be tending to shake themselves apart or destroy themselves so build them well.
                              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                              X