No announcement yet.

Nightmare on Elm Street

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok you got me im secretly a 80's freakazoid lol ok for halloween you can be ozone and i will be turbo ok lets dance

Comment

my review...trying not to give any spoilers...

So watched the original on Blu Ray this morning, then went and saw the remake in XD...won't say I loved it, wont say I hated it. The bedroom wall scene though...completely ruined that...it looked like 80s cgi...the original version of that was soooo much better.

I will say he really had some extra "creep factor" toward the end..some of the latter one liners...actually surprised me how far they went. I didnt hate the makeup, but his voice at most times was iffy. You could tell he was wearing teeth other than when he yelled. The "glove play" was a little repetitive, and my main beef is that it seemed like they tried to cram too much in too little of time. I would have liked a little more attention to the action scenes and maybe a little more time to get more detail on the back story stuff. That and MORE PRACTICAL EFFECTS!!! So many films use it (CGI) as a crutch and ruins a lot of potentially good scenes. If it was all done practical it would have went up 3 notches.

I know it prolly sounds like I hated it, but I'm not mad that I seen it, just had some issues with a lot of it. Was I entertained? Yes. Was it better or on par with the original? Not in my opinion. If the original never existed would I have a different opinion? Probably would have liked it a little more. Its too hard not to compare. Those are my thoughts on it.

Mike "Pogo" Hach
      Last edited by jakprintsHAUNT; 05-03-2010, 12:08 PM.
      -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

I thought it was better than the original... but I also just really don't like Robert Englund! Oh well... -Tyler
        Chris Riehl
        Sales@spookyfinder.com
        (586)209-6935
        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

I saw the movie yesterday. I think it was really good. It's not as good as the original and think that was in large part to Robert Englund as Freddy, he just made the character better. BUT, that's not to say that Jackie didn't do a good job.

This was one of the best horror movies that I've seen in quite a while, that I can think of. Between the played out Saw movies and all the other remakes or the Halloween films from zombie that were horrendous this is a GREAT movie!

DA

Comment

Dark!

I agree 100%! Shane and its I really enjoyed it! Shane this time!
            sigpic

Comment

Can't wait to hear Larry's review.

Comment

It stunk

I have seen episodes of Spongebob that were scarier than this! Nancy was lame, nothing new or original..if you have seen the previews, you have already seen any and all "good" parts. Nightmare on lame street!

Comment

Nightmare on Elm Street Review

I saw this on Friday. Just getting around to posting my personal thoughts on it till now. Basically I can say I was entertained. Here is what I liked about the movie. I liked the one liners thrown in. We all know Freddy is known for them. But these were more demented than the ones Robert used to have. I liked the makeup in its own right. Im not sayin I liked it better than the original Freddy but it looked decent. Jackie isnt as big or tall as Robert so that was off too. The scene in the hall way towards the end where the floor turns into a pool of blood was kickass! And then Jackie sayin something about "Now thats a wet dream!" was great! I thought the girl that played Nancy sucked! Almost as bad as the girl who plays Lori in the Rob Zombie Halloween movies. But anyway Rob Zombie needs to stick to writing and doing his own movies. Halloween was totally out of his league. He was basically offered the movie off the success he had with House of 1000 Corpses and Devils Rejects. And Im sure it was an offer he could'nt refuse. But anyway. Making a remake of Halloween 3 is a mistake. It was a mistake to stray from having Michael Myers in the 3 movie the first time. Now they are stupid enough to do that again?! I mean comeon! And the 3D is just the gimmick to get people to buy the ticket. Anyway back to Nightmare. It spent to much time jumping around and trying to confuse you when they were dreaming or not. And didnt hardly buildup the backstory like in the original with Nancys mother and trying to protect her since she was little and hiding and keeping the glove and all. Thats part of what made the original so good and suspenseful. Jackie did pretty good I will give him that. But Robert will always be Freddy Krueger. I give it about 3 out of 5 stars. Average rating.
                  Damon
                  Damon Carson

Comment

Top Spot

Lame or not ( which I disagree with in my opinion) I really liked the old blended with the new! Anyway Nightmare On Elm Street Grossed 32.2 Million taking in an average of $9995.00 per location making it the #1 grossing movie of the weekend, so its off to a good start I think it will do good again this weekend. Shane and its does this make Freddy a millionaire? Shane this time!
                    sigpic

Comment

save your money

Save your money for Iron Man!!!

Comment

Iron man? That looks horrible too. It looks like it's more about flash than substance. I'm expecting hearing those corny one liners like the ones they stating saying in Batman when he said corny things like "chicks dig the car". This iron man looks really cheesy Nightmare will be better wait to see Thor or Captain America if you like comic book character movies.

Comment

Originally posted by maliciousstudios View Post
                          The year 2010 has seen many new films released worldwide, with many yet to be released. A large proportion of these films are remakes, sequels, prequels, franchise reboots, and films based on TV shows, comic books, novels and video games....

Here are just a few 3D movies pumped up for this year...

Piranha 3-D
                          Resident Evil: Afterlife 3-D
                          Alpha and Omega 3-D
                          Jackass 3-D
                          Step Up 3-D
                          Saw VII 3-D

and a few more 3 D movies on the horizon.... not to mention the possibility of childrens movies.

Much like this industry what works for one company becomes a domino effect for all and when Hollywood sees something that works once they will runit into the ground !
                          Its not a domino effect.

The push for 3D movies is because 3D television is coming down the pipe so fast its frightening.

Its a manufacturer driven idea and Hollywood producers are scrambling to make 3D movies as quickly as humanly possible so they make it to 3D blu-ray in a timely manor.

BTW... I liked the new Nightmare
                          Come see what lies BENEATH!
                          www.cagleshauntedbarn.com

Comment

Okay I saw it at a drive inn so I didn't get the FULL effect. Aside... here is my thoughts on the movie.

The Bad: I think good movies should be re-made when due to new technology you can improve the film. Take Clash of the Titans that was one of my favorite movies in the 80's and due to cool CGI yes you can improve the effects hence maybe that movie should be re-made.

I think in the case of Nightmare I see no reason to re-make the original because it was not needed. The original is scarier than the new one, sure it doesn't have as much backstory but other nightmare films did offer those backstories.

I saw no reason to remake the film other than to make money. For that reason I'm not a fan of the movie. I think a prequel would have be great.

The movie really wasn't a whole lot different than the original for the most part and they kept many of the iconic scenes. I hated the make up.

THE GOOD: The movie wasn't bad, and it was a totally different take on Nightmare the new Freddy was I'd say a bit mean with less humor. This Freddy meant all business and I'd say I'd hate running into this Freddy more so than the last one. But on the flip side it was that personality that made Freddy Freddy.

This movie is more brutal more blood... and they explain the child molester thing much better.

OVERALL: I think it was a good movie but when you take a lot of ques from the original it should be. I'd rate it a 7 out of 10.

Larry
                            Larry Kirchner
                            President
                            www.HalloweenProductions.com
                            www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                            www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                            www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Just saw it and it wasnt all that bad as critics had sought it out to be.

I wasn't exactly a fan of freedy's new face and I fell like the old Freddy just cant be replaced.

I did like how they unfolded the story and went into more depth about the molestation.

Could not stop laughing at the " how bout this for a wet dream", line it was just too funny.

Overall it was pretty good, better than I was expecting, but it didnt blow me away.

Comment

Just got back...it was GREAT in my opinion. The only downside I saw was the new make-up. You just can't touch the original!!

I guess because the original was from 1984 and I wasn't born until 1989, I saw the first Nightmare film when I was about 6 or 7, probably younger. Needless to say, it was scary then and I don't remember much of it now. Seeing the 2010 version was pretty much a fresh experience for me so I had nothing to compare it to. The ending was a bit weak, but overall I loved it...and can't wait for the next installment -- because you know it's coming (most likely in 3D) haha!!!
                                O'Shawn McClendon
                                Creative Chair -- Operator: Cayce-West Columbia Hall of Horrors

One mans junk is another mans kick-ass new prop...

http://www.hallofhorrors.com

http://twitter.com/hallofhorrors

http://cwchallofhorrors.blogspot.com

http://www.youtube.com/hallofhorrors

http://www.myspace.com/cwcjc_hallofhorrors

Comment

Working...
                                X