No announcement yet.

Inexpensive LED Lighting w/ Strobe effect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there anyway you can tell me what is on the front of the small 3 legged IC chip I think I know what it is but the writing on the front of it will tell me for sure. I have the schematic of the pcb drawn out the best I can (not sure what IC chip is under the black dot) But I should be able to come up with a way to fix. just need the writing on the IC chip. Thanks

Comment

Ok here goes, should be really easy to do. I would do option # 1 first to make sure it works, it should. It is a little harder as you have to unsolder and resolder but it prevents any damage to the board should it not work. (not sure why it wouldn't)

Option # 1 - see picture Front-1 modified

Unsolder the end of the resistor designated by Point # 2. Solder a jumper wire to the now unsoldered end of that resistor. Solder the other end of the jumper wire to either spot designated by Point # 1. Power up and all LED's should be on.

Option # 2 - see picture Back-2 modified

Cut the trace as shown in the picture (just need to remove at most 1/8"). Solder a jumper wire between points # 1 and # 2. Power up and all LED's should be on.

The push button will not do anything to the LED's once this modification has been done.

Please let me know if this works
      Attached Files

Comment

Works great!! I did Option #2!!

Thanks Chad!!!
        R&J Productions
        Las Vegas, NV
        www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

Working...
        X