Natl Haunters vs Hauntcon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NHC here we come!

Wait till you see the new products to be premiered at the show....it's the place to be for haunters both new and old. More education, more new products, and the list just keeps on growing!!!!

Comment

John, Ricky, Whomever...

Let me say for a fact, these two shows SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN ON THE SAME DAY... that isn't my fault or your fault. Its TERRIBLE that you guys or these guys have to get on here day after day trying to convince people to go to one show over another.

These shows should be on different days so people don't have to take sides, pick one over the other, one vs the other ... one thread even states NHC vs. HAUNTCON. This is silly.

Look here are the facts as I see them ... both show, all of these shows, have some merits, some benefits, some pros and some cons. No matter how much anyone plays up NHC it will not have the products, services and vendors we saw at Transworld or IAAPA. That is a fact.

So my point is simply that these shows survive on other merits such as the TOURS ... what attractions are you touring. I think Hauntcon has a better list of tours, I think most would agree. I think NHC is going to have more vendors but nothing like the before mentioned shows.

So here is where we are at... Hauntcon has some better tours and NHC has more vendors. One group has some good seminars and the other group has some good seminars. One show is in Orlando and the other is in Philly...

Nothing against Philly but I think Orlando is the funner place to be...LOL.

Look here is the bottom line I think its great we have another regional show especially for those haunts up in the east coast. I'm also happy for those down in the Southeast ... I think they will be both be fun for those who attend. But no matter how you slice it or dice it these shows should NOT be on the SAME date.

I hope someone fixes that problem next year then all these silly debates won't happen... you guys bring up good points for NHC I think others bring up good points for Hauntcon. No matter the shows shouldn't both be next weekend. End of story. You guys seem to know these guys... make sure this doesn't happen again for everyones sake.

On a side note... I REALLY WISH I COULD come up there and hang out with you guys. I haven't seen John, Ricky, Eric, Kevin and the rest for years... you guys should have come down to the BIG SHOW last month!

LOL

I'll get up there to see you guys NEXT YEAR when the two shows are NOT on the SAME day!!!!!! LOL

Good luck to you guys at NHC I wish you nothing but the best. I hope it really turns out for you and Hauntcon as well.

Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President
      www.HalloweenProductions.com
      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Just so we're clear...

NHC DATES FOR 2011 and 2012

2011 Show Dates!
        Thursday, May 5th, 2011
        Friday, May 6th, 2011
        Saturday, May 7th, 2011
        Sunday, May 8th, 2011

2012 Show Dates!
        Wednesday, May 2nd, 2012
        Thursday, May 3rd, 2012
        Friday, May 4th, 2012
        Saturday, May 5th, 2012
        Sunday, May 6th, 2012

Just so that everyone knows.....
        Michael Bruner

The National Haunters Convention - OVER 100 vendor booths!
        Valley Forge, PA
        http://www.nationalhauntersconvention.com

The Cadavers Cotillion
        http://www.cadaverscotillion.com

Get behind the scenes tours to the best haunted attractions!
        http://www.haunttour.com

`

Comment

Correction Larry!

That is not a fact..this show does have never before seen products and most importantly for vendors...new faces and new customers..this is my third year here. As for convincing people to go? This show had it's dates planned well before the other show and is booked years ahead of time. I know personally that the advertising for this show was astounding, including fullpage ads in fango!
          \I think the new products found at NHC would make a great article in the next issue?

Comment

Full pages ads in fango will bring in horror fans, I think most vendors selling props costing 5k 10k and more will not find any buyers out of fango magazine. You say they've done a great job to advertise I disagree... There is so much more they should have done or could have done which they did not do. Fango magazine... c'mon. Look there are tons of amusement magazines out there and TW advertised in ALL OF THEM multiple times and I have yet to see ONE ad for NHC. I've seen them promoting on message boards... and that is good but but not as you described.

MHC bought a booth at the BIGGEST SHOW and promoted their show. NHC did not do this... I think it would be safe to assume that right there shows MHC did a better job marketing. They also had no ads in our magazine and I'm not sure about the others. But what does this have to do with anything.

There is NO doubt in my mind that there will be things at this show you did not see at Transworld. I think that is great! But the way you are hyping it up is well misleading to a point. Look the Transworld show is the show period. IAAPA has more products than any show and all shows combined. And I think its safe to assume that MHC will be the second biggest show with vendors to TW.

I think this show is great, I think its all good in the hood. But Hauntcon will be a great show as well and to my point I think all of these types of shows live and die by the tours and again Hauntcon has the better tours in my opinion.

Doesn't matter though both shows will be fun for those who go no need to overhype something into something its not or set expectations so high they can't be achieved. As for the show dates, that is a he said she said thing, Hauntcon was the first show and they've always had the same timeframe dates and NHC did the same area. So its an matter of opinion who is right or wrong, all I'm saying is make sure they are on different dates next year.

On another note John why didn't you come to TW two years in a row... why haven't you guys been coming. Love to see you come down!

Rich was here both years and had a blast!

Hopefully you'll come down next year you and Ricky.

Hope to see you soon.

Larry

PS: As for an article we'd love to cover all haunted events, write something up and send it over.
            Larry Kirchner
            President

Comment

Could not make it either of these this year. REALLY do hope both are a success. Looking at it as an outsider, the ONE thing I wish NHC would have, would be a pre haunt tour like hauntcon offers. I mean, like 5-6 haunts in the pre tour would be cool. If that is added in 2011, I might just have to try to attend....
              www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

Something to think about too is will either of these shows do well with vendors because everyone is saving their money for this Buffalo auction... I think people will be bringing up to 400k to this thing.

This auction might be the second biggest spending spree for haunts this year... my God they have like five zillion items for sale.

This year there is just so much going on shows all over the country, auctions here and there, you name it and it seems like every weekend something is going on.

Larry
                Larry Kirchner
                President

Comment

Who in the hell has 400k to spend or will be bringing that much to the Buffalo auction for buying used stuff? I agree he has everything but it's been promoted to the point where so many people might go and bring prices up way higher that they should be...

DA

Comment

I didn't say one person I mean overall buyers will probably be bring about 400k to the auction. There will be a lot of dollars flying around at that show for sure... this is the biggest auction in history. Buffalo is a northeast city and will draw a lot the same crowd as NHC hence I think a lot of money will be dropped at the auction that might have been spent at one of these smaller regional shows.

Larry
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President

Comment

Transworld is not the show it used to be...

I loved when it was in Chicago but Vegas killed it for me...I have exhibited here for 3 years now and got a better value! I just looking forward to having fun with friends both old and new!

Comment

Hope to see you all at Hauntcon this weekend here in Orlando.
                        If you can make it be sure to check out the Make Up Seminar with my pal Rick Gonzales on Sat at 11:30 am. We set the pace with theme park haunt make up with Halloween Horror Nights back in 1990 at Universal and introduced airbrush make up concept of mass make ups to theme parks beginning with that event. We will be sharing our experience with this and many other interesting innovations including a demon-stration of my largest Water-Melon appliance yet the Bubba the Redneck Werewolf - Maul Y'all Werewolf Wound. Completely applied by alcohol. No adhesives. Rick will be sharing his many years of haunt and movie make up experience with his special way of educating through entertaining. Find out how to apply those movie make up concepts to your haunt safely and effectively.

While you are there be sure to stop by booth 202 and check out the whole line of Water-Melon alcohol applied Appliances used at Howl-o- Screams at Busch Gardens as well as the Original sweatproof and smudgeproof AGPC Airbrush Foundation, still used every day at Universal for Frank, Wolfman, Beetelgeuse and Drac. It was Originally developed for Halloween Horror Nights used both for it's durability and ease of removal.

If you can't make it there be sure to visit us at Midwest Haunt Con in Columbus The first weekend in June. I'll be at booth 721 and hosting a Water-Melon Seminar showing how haunters can use Water-Melon Liquid to "make 'ur own" Water-Melon appliances for your own haunt as well as demon-strating it's uses as a non-latex wrinkle stipple for those scareactors with latex allergies.
                        Hope to see you soon.
                        www.michaeldavy.com

Comment

Hey Michael,

I know this is off subject, but there is a question I have been meaning to ask you about water-melon. If you use it to encapsulate a GFA, how many uses can you get out of one appliance before you wear down the blending edges. Or would it have to just be a single use appliance? And is that stupid question?
                          Last edited by lurker; 04-27-2010, 10:01 PM.
                          sigpic
                          Louis Brown
                          Owner, operator, and dish washer
                          at
                          DarkWood Manor

Comment

I can vouch for Michael on the quality of this product.
                            Doing either Frank or Wolfman make-up nearly every day for a couple years I really fell in love with the product. Easy to use, great coverage and staying power and air-brush clean up was always a breeze!

Originally posted by michaeldavy View Post
                            the Original sweatproof and smudgeproof AGPC Airbrush Foundation, still used every day at Universal for Frank, Wolfman, Beetelgeuse and Drac. It was Originally developed for Halloween Horror Nights used both for it's durability and ease of removal.

Comment

Yo John,

Vegas was a good time but the shows costs got out of control of haunt vendors. I think the attendance seriously dropped off in Vegas because most haunters like driving. Considering Vegas is not really drivable it wasn't the best location for the haunt show. Additionally the costs of exhibiting wasn't good for our vendors... all the way around the board Vegas wasn't the best situation.

But c'mon now that was TWO FREAKIN years ago... what does that have to do with NOW! You talk about BEST VALUE, are you nuts??? The best value is the Transworld show with THOUSANDS UPON THOUSANDS of buyers, rows upon rows upon rows of booths, simply the best seminars, tons of events, old and new frields around every corner.

Chicago, St. Louis distance wise there just isn't much difference for you personally... why you dont' come I'll never understand. Dollar for dollar there is no better investment than putting your company in front of the biggest group of buyers.

Next year come on down! If you haven't heard the Halloween retail show and the haunt show are re-combined. I expect to see you guys down here next March!!!!!!!

Get your butt down here boy!!! LOL

Larry
                              Larry Kirchner
                              President

Comment

Check it out John!!!

Larry Kirchner
                                President