Thanks to all for the heads UP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To ALL

All I have to say is give me a break...John I feel sorry that you have received so much crap from everyone. I know exactly what you are talking about with Rodney. He did "copy" SF in 2001 or 2, I can't remember. I can't stand the "I have always loved fighting, wrestling and competition. that's just how I was raised from a small child." What is that supposed to mean? Who cares? Rodney you mentioned in your post "You said in a early-er post, that lots of vendors hate me and I have done them wrong. you mentioned Distortions,unit 70,and others. I have a great relationship with these companies! If Ed and Marsh didn't like me would they hug me when they see me? I do lots of business with these company's!" And then about scare factory you say..."close to 150,00.00 with Scarefactory in the past 3 years." All you mention about SF is the $$ amount that you spent. That says NOTHING about your relationship with them. If Rodney is "innocent" why is he pulling the "Swamp Beast (Grudge)" from his product line? What about Scare Parts? What did Kieth do to people? RIP THEM OFF! With the exception of Larry. But who stands up for the little guy. It says a lot about your company right there. Been gone for so long and as soon as you pop up again it is like DE ja vu. I think that EVERYONE needs to get off of Johns back...if ANY of you had something like this happen to them you would be just as pissed. Just my thoughts.

Comment

I Jon Fuller DO NOT have the rights or authority to allow anyone to produce the Grudge Creature from any mold. Mr. Merk does. Contract is straight forward between us and John hold the rights entirely. I do not.

I Jon Fuller Can Not Sculpt or produce this creature in any form (Unless authorized by John Merk)

I Jon Fuller do not know Rodney he was not given permission to make any skins from any mold by me.

I do have a relationship with the studio that produced Rodneys Skins from Johns mold. The studio was not given permission by me to produce this for Rodney in any shape or form. I DO NOT have the right, John Does

I also did not give the truck driver permission.

Nobody on this planet has the authorization to give any rights on this creature except
      John Merk/XtremeCreators LLC

Comment

Lets see if we have this straight...

Someone sent Rodney the molds but they shouldn't have so that isn't Rodney's fault. Someone made an error.

Secondly, Rodney should not be making any or selling any copies of his monster. If Rodney wants to sell more big monsters he should have a new sculpt created.

Case closed.

Lastly, in the future I hope people can resolve these issues without making threats like we saw in this case here... and John man o man what can I say you seem to have more problems than a person can shake a stick at. Someone gets your molds, someone is selling your haunted house and props they say its theirs you say it yours, blah, blah. I hope this is the last problem we see and I hope you come back to the haunt show next year with a new monster or two. I love big monsters so hopefully you are in the game down the road.

Take care. Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President
        www.HalloweenProductions.com
        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Issues

Its sad the moderators of this site let this go on as long as it did. Especially when there was no neutral ground on their part, and for whatever reason, just couldn't get the story straight - even though it was laid out very clearly.

JB

Comment

"Lucy. ... you got some 'splainin to do."

Fuller's post today essentially disputes most everything said by a certain party and that's the end of it? Fine. The non-answer tells as much as the answer, and in my mind at least there is a big question mark as to a certain party's integrity. But that's just my opinion.

Here's my summary:

1. If someone sends you proprietary items and they shouldn't have, that's not your fault. However, if you make physical copies of / or from those proprietary items and sell them without explicit permission of the copyright holder, you are violating the law. Expect a lawsuit.

2. Before duplicating, marketing and selling items copyrighted by others, it's advisable to use "due diligence" to find out who owns the copyright and make sure you have a proper chain of title. A good place to start is to ask the owner of items. If you don't get proper permission, you may get sued and lose everything you have.

3. Legal opinions of a truck driver regarding legal matters that if violated could cost you everything you have, might not be trustworthy or accurate. For that matter, asking and relying upon permission to reproduce someone else's copyrighted items, from anybody other than the actual copyright owner, might not be trustworthy.

And most importantly, the Golden Rule:

Do unto other's as you would have them do unto you.

Comment

A Delivery Truck Driver

Delivering to grocery stores from the Kraft Foods Co. wanted to give the store owner I worked for a real price break on a couple of cases of Miracle Whip.
              "They were just extras that happened to get loaded, they weren't ordered by anybody, they said I could just sell them to anybody that wanted them, this happens all the time, it's OK."
              Two weeks or so later this driver was unemployed, it was a good job too.
              I wonder what he did wrong?
              Gee Whiz?
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
              X