Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HHA 2010 Updates

Hello all!

Here is some info on what the Haunted House Association is working on for 2010.

There is a bunch more info coming but you gotta start somewhere! Lets begin with what I like to call the big picture items:

BIG PICTURE ITEMS
    These are the sorts of projects that we feel will help the industry as a whole.

1) PR Campaign - The HHA is embarking on a new PR campaign that is solely owned and funded by the HHA. As you know last year we participated with America Haunts in their campaign, but now that we are on our feet and rolling we are prepared to launch our own campaign. As always our focus will be to protect and promote the Haunted Attraction Industry, and promote our members' haunts. You can be assured that the knowledge of our board and members will give this new campaign great chances for success.

2) New Web Site - As you know last year we developed a web site on the Hauntworld owned URL www.hauntedhouseassociation.org. This year we are now creating our new site on the HHA owned URL www.HHAssociation.com . It is important to note that this is being done with the full support and encouragement of Hauntworld, who additionally donated funds for the NEW website. The HHA board will be fully in control of the new site at all times, and it is planned to focus equally on all projects and entities that help the HHA and the industry as a whole to protect and promote Haunted Attractions. It is hoped that the new site will be online sometime before TransWorld, keep your fingers crossed! This new site will be a great resource for haunted house owners and operators to come together and help the industry.

3) Safety Campaign - As you know we began a campaign last year, an outreach to teach new haunters safety. This will be a big focus in the upcoming year, as we feel that safety education should be promoted and distributed where it is needed most, to start up or home haunts that often have no interaction with local officials. Randy Bates, our new President, is well known as one of the industry's experts on this topic, and plans to address this fully. Also key to this is the Crisis Plan that Randy developed to help Haunt Owners and the HHA deal with assorted problems that could occur on both a local or national scale.

MEMBER BENEFITS

Of course member benefits play a major role when it is time to join an association. Here are some of the benefits a membership in the HHA will bring your event:

- Publications: Members will receive subscriptions to 3 publications while they are members - Tourist Attractions and Parks, Hauntworld Magazine and Haunted Attraction Magazine.

- Vendor Discounts: Members will receive extensive discounts from many of the finest vendors in the industry. Use of just a few of these discounts can pay for your membership in short order. This list is growing all the time, but we will post an updated list soon!

- Haunt Directory: Member haunted houses will be listed in our new Haunt Directory on our new web site,
    www.HHAssociation.com. Assorted campaigns like the PR and Safety Outreach programs will drive traffic to the site and thus to your event's listing.

- Membership Directory: Once a year HHA will produce a comprehensive listing of our members, vendor discounts, by-laws, and other important information. This will be mailed out to our members.

- Heraldry: Members will receive the right to use our logos and imagery to promote that they are members in good standing of the Haunted House Association.

- Exclusive Meetings and Functions: Members will be able to attend exclusive meetings and events such as the upcoming Ultimate Brainstorm meeting at TransWorld this year for members only.

- Participation in the Association: Members who are the owners or operators of a Haunted Attraction can vote for the board of the HHA. Members who are Owners or Operators of a Haunted Attraction with 5 years of operation can run for the board of HHA. Members are also encouraged to participate by joining committees and helping us protect and promote the industry.

- Access to Networking: Members can participate on our NEW HHA Forum and on our Yahoo Group.

Plus more to come!

As you can see there are many benefits to joining the HHA and many important REASONS to help us protect and promote this industry. We look forward to sharing more of our plans with you soon and having you stop by our booth and join the HHA at the TransWorld show in a few short weeks!

Thanks!

Ben Armstrong
    Haunted House Association Board Member
    Ben Armstrong
    NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
    www.Fearworld.com
    www.NetherworldNetwork.com

Columbia Haunt Tour

They have an HHA Discount - Thank you guys!

"HHA Discount: 10% discount after Feb. 12th to HHA members ONLY for the bus combo. (There are no discounts for the Haunt ONLY combo)"

I have my Tickets and am looking forward to this Event!
    Ben Armstrong
    www.Fearworld.com

Comment

Where do we get the discount code?

Comment

Good question ... I forgot about it until after I had registered.

I am sure Greg can explain.

Thanks!

Ben
        Ben Armstrong
        www.Fearworld.com

Comment

Another onsite HHA Member Benefit for the HHA Auction
          Saturday March 27th 4:30 PM at TransWorld in the Seminar room

HHA Members get 10% discount off of final accepted bids -
          That right, if your winning bid on an item is $1000, you pay $900 if you are an HHA Member!

This auction is very important for us to raise money for our programs, but we are also working on member benefits all the time.

Another good reason to join!

Thanks!
          Ben Armstrong
          www.Fearworld.com

Comment

Spookhaven your HHA emails are bounceing....

Send me your correct email and I will get you the code...

Speculo@comcast.net

Thanks!
            Ben Armstrong
            www.Fearworld.com

Comment

Ben, the promo is up and working now. Being an HHA Member myself I have used the discounts provided from vendors and I'm grateful and happy to have the chance to help fellow HHA Members in return.
              Tickets are available at www.columbiahaunttour.com

Thank you HHA!!!
              Greg
              Fearfest
              HHA Member
              Last edited by N2SPOOKINU; 03-09-2010, 09:33 PM.
              Greg Allen
              scarygreg@andersonfarms.com
              www.andersonfarms.com

Comment

Ben deserves a TON of credit for this HHA thing he's spearheaded this whole entire thing and he had a lot of help from Allan, Tim, Pete, Dwayne and gee whiz Eric Mr Haunted Overload what can be said for what he's done.

Everyone on this board has been so active and making this thing work... honestly though I have to admit myself I've been the least active of all the board members. In the past if someone like myself didn't step up on other boards nothing would get done, with this HHA board its like well they are all haunt owners, they all share common goals and bonds and see the bigger picture. They have all stepped up and hit home runs, and they deserve some major praise.

Its been so refreshing to see how so many people care and do everything they say they will do for the benefit of the common good.

I'm happy to see that Ben is going to stay on for a little while longer as the new vice president and incoming president Randy Bates will sure make an impact especially in the area of safety.

I'm also happy to know that HHA will have its OWN website free and clear of myself so I can now turn my attention to my own projects. I was happy to pay for this website to benefit HHA.

Now that HHA has got its feet under it I'm sure there are many more great things ahead. Kudos to Ben and the whole board.

Larry
                Larry Kirchner
                President
                www.HalloweenProductions.com
                www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Thanks guys for the fast response. Got my tickets and it's nice to know how quick you are all available to help out.

Interested to see what you have in store for the haunt industry this coming year. See you in St. Louis.

Comment

Shane comes through again!

If you are an HHA Member and you attend Shanes Insane Shane Party, you will get a FREE Insane Shane T-Shirt!

Just show them your card and they will check you off the list.

Thanks!
                    Ben Armstrong
                    www.Fearworld.com

Comment

Ben

Glad to do it! Shane and its I wanna give a ton away! Shane this time.
                      sigpic

Comment

Have you got a 3x for me Shane? I'm gonna be there with my wife and some of my crew!
                        Greg
                        Fearfest
                        Greg Allen
                        scarygreg@andersonfarms.com
                        www.andersonfarms.com

Comment

HHA discount

What do we do if we are an HHA member and we bought our tickets a long time ago? Can we still get the discount?
                          Dewayne Anglin

Director of Operations
                          Sleepy Hollow Productions, LLC/ Folklore Haunted House
                          www.folklorehauntedhouse.com

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X