It Starts With A Sketch... New Vamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It Starts With A Sketch... New Vamp

Allot of Haunt owners have asked if or when I will be making a vampire costume, or even a werewolf. Well, here is the vampire. The chest piece is finished as well, I'll grab some pics of that soon. My cam is dead so these are phone pix that I blacked the background out of and tweaked the contrast a bit because they were very dulled out.
    I'm also going to add hair to this one to create a werewolf. I sculpted it in a way that it will look great as either one. The hands are sculpted as well, I just need to make the molds. Not looking forward to molding those. I'm working on the arm bands next. I wanted something a bit different than what is out there now and something with an extreme wow factor when it jumped in your face. I hope you can imagine this with the teeth in place and some blood spatter. They will cast separate of either acrylic or plastic. First the sketch and teeth. Sculpture in the next post...

Sculpture

Comment

Now is the time to do vamps...they are in season! Or atleast until the new Wolfman movie comes out then it might be back to all wolves... I heard they are remaking the Howling now in addition to the new Wolfman movie coming out.

NIce work!

Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President
      www.HalloweenProductions.com
      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

That is what a vamp should look like no sparkles just mean beyond the grave fiend!!!.
        Proud to be able to work at
        http://www.haunted-hollow.com/

Comment

Thanks. No sparkles lol

It's difficult to get a real feel for him without the teeth in. I should have taken a pic, when I was roughing it out, with those chompers in. He just looks like he's ready to rip you to shreds. The chest and abs are very muscular with tight skin. Very similar to the vampire from Underworl, the one with wings that Steve Wang created. Allen B, I believe, sent us some pics of it awhile back so I went by those for the chest. Pics of that a little later tonight!

Comment

Good job, I'm looking forward to seeing it finished. I know it will kick ass, vampires are cool and you do really good work. I bet the teeth make all the difference in the world.

Thanks for posting, I will like seeing it go from a sketch to finished product.

Eric
            www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Looking awesome Tony! I too an looking forward to seeing it with the teeth in! Hell Tony, you just need to move over this way and vent your creative frustration on Raycliff Manor!

Kel
              sigpic
              Kelly Allen
              Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
              www.RaycliffManor.com
              www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
              www.HauntBook.com

Comment

Looks cool! I can definatly vision a vicious vampire when you put the teeth in!
                Matthew Colton
                Frightworld America's Screampark
                http://www.frightworld.com/

Comment

Mark,

It's Allan B (See Ben, it's not just you )

Looks great so far, love the Underworld character glad it was useful for you.

Also, glad to see you back in a big way!

Allan

Comment

Hey thanks Allen, and thanks to all for the comments.

Here is the chest I was talking about earlier..... Let me know what you think. I can't wait to get it all together.

Comment

thats awsome !!!
                      The flesh is weak wax is eternal.

Comment

Nice sculpts? Did use WED clay for the chest piece?
                        sigpic
                        Louis Brown
                        Owner, operator, and dish washer
                        at
                        DarkWood Manor

Comment

Just pottery clay. Close enough to WED but I can buy it local. Shipping costs for WED is as much as the cost of the clay itself..

Don't forget, SALE ENDING SOON! Purchase costumes before the New Year to SAVE!
                          Last edited by SpookywoodsFX.com; 12-20-2009, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Materials

Mark,
                            drop me an email.
                            We buy dry wed, and just mix and wedge it ourselves. We keep about 1000lbs wed mixed in a drum ready at all times. We use a ton of wed and oil clays pending the project.

I maybe able to hook you up with a source for dry wed. 50lb bags. No water.
                            And pallet shipped for less than $70.
                            pottery plaster, ultracal 30, hydrocal white etc...
                            Kevin R. Alvey
                            info at gore-galore.com
                            www.gore-galore.com
                            www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
                            www.youtube.com/goregalore13
                            www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

1000 Pounds?! Good God Man!

I've never tried mixing my own but if it will save money, I'm on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X