No announcement yet.

Its Official: Transworld Halloween and Haunt Show is Moving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's not official until a Werewolf pees on a fire plug.

One of the seminars will be from the people at the Evellen Wood Speed Reading courses
    sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

• I love the Zombie Walk idea SpfxChic!

Kel
      Chris Riehl
      Sales@spookyfinder.com
      (586)209-6935
      www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

• Wow, as someone else says, I leave this forum for 7 days and the whole thing goes to hell. :P Anyway, my 2 cents... 1st, remember, this is a FREE event. There is NO admission, so we really can not bitch too much, unless you are an exhibitor, then I feel you have every right to contact TW and voice your displeasure.....
        The prospect of a move has good and bad points.

Bad? It's new and we are all going to be lost with no Crowne to hang at. No Dreamreapers to visit
        Perhaps several of us will not go so friends will be missed.
        No wild parites on a Friday or Saturday.
        On a selfish level, I am now gonna have to pay $300 for a flight out there.

Good? Cause we have no Crowne to hang at, we will just have to find a new bar to take over. :twisted:
        Perhaps there will be new, fun haunts to visit.
        We might just make some NEW friends? :shock:
        We will have to party on (GASP) a weeknight. Maybe some will fly in Friday already and start the partying then?
        $300? Oh well, a paid vacation to SIN city.

The one thing that does bother me is that it seems it makes more sense to have the convention in Chicago. It is kind of in the middle of the country and takes about the same amount of time for people from the east, west, and south to visit.

So in summary, yes, I would love to have it stay in Chicago, but perhaps there is some golden lining......

Ron
        www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

• All the posts concerning this subject seems to have gotten everyone thinking about whether or not it seems like a good idea , but what about if the venders were all aware of this thread? What would they be saying about the Transworld move to Vegas?
          After the dust settles after next year's Vegas Transworld and everyone will have more information concerning if it was a really good idea or a not-so-good idea, then it will be interesting to see if everyone's opinion is still overly influenced by how close or how far they are located from either Chicago or Vegas.
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

• I thought of the vendors the other day. Is the booth space more?

How many customers come to the haunt show in Chicago?

You know to really have all the answers we will have to keep this thread going for a whole year. The number of posts might rival please submit your alien abduction stories HERE.
            sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

• More big news concerning the Vegas show...

First off according to TW the first day of the show is SUNDAY...this is good. According to TW hotels are too exensive on weekends, everything is cheaper on weekdays.

Makes a lot of sense.

So I think people can come in on Saturday, do the whole show on Sunday and maybe take off work on Monday fly home on Monday. I think everything would be fine that way.

Additionally it seems the haunt show will run along with another amusement show...so now you'll get double bang for your buck.

More on that coming soon!

This might bring in additional buyers for the haunt vendors.

Larry
              Larry Kirchner
              President
              www.HalloweenProductions.com
              www.BlacklightAttractions.com
              www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
              www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

• Originally posted by drfrightner
                First off according to TW the first day of the show is SUNDAY...this is good. According to TW hotels are too exensive on weekends, everything is cheaper on weekdays.

Makes a lot of sense.

So I think people can come in on Saturday, do the whole show on Sunday and maybe take off work on Monday fly home on Monday. I think everything would be fine that way.
                Personally, I think it would be better benefit Haunters if it were held on a weekend. It would give people more time to spend at the show. Since this new show is supposed to be bigger and better than what was in Chicago, attendees will definitely need more than just one day to absorb everything, especially if they want to take the time to take pictures, talk to vendors about products, check out additional activities in Vegas, etc.

And Larry, you have said three times in this thread that having the Vegas show scheduled as-is would be a bad thing. For example:

Originally posted by drfrightner
                Now that is a good point to bring up... I don't like the show being on weekdays thats for sure. That sucks big time!

Most haunters have a real job. Taking off work is a tough thing.

Larry
                Kip,

I'm with you baby! I think moving the show to Vegas is a good idea, but having the show on weekdays is a REALLY REALLY REALLY BAD IDEA!

Putting the show on weekdays is a REALLY REALLY REALLY bad idea!

...If you changed the dates of the Halloween show in Chicago to weekdays it would just as much effect the turnout of haunters.

Something to be very concerned about.
                Hmmmm. At first it was bad, now it's good? What changed between now and three days ago?

Additionally it seems the haunt show will run along with another amusement show...so now you'll get double bang for your buck.

This will also bring in additional buyers for the haunt vendors.
                Yes, I saw the original URL you posted online, before you removed it from your post. And my quote was what you originally posted.

That may bring in a handful of extra buyers, but probably not too many. The ASI Show (Amusement Showcase International) is a show of vendors featuring coin-operated amusements (per their website: video games, pinball machines, jukeboxes, pool tables, foosball games). I fail to see how that will bring in extra customers to Haunt vendors. Would owners of arcades or sports bars really have any interest in Haunted House props?

Don't get me wrong, in some ways I'm actually warming up to the idea of the show being in Vegas. I just am not sure that it will benefit Haunters as much as is being presented here.
                Happy Haunting,

Adam Drendel
                Webmaster of http://www.HauntedIllinois.com

Visit us on Facebook for the latest updates! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Haunte...m/225595667213

Comment

• The cross over of the amusement "coin" game industry is easy. FEC parks and haunted houses go together and where they aren't now should be. Push the bumber cars out of the way and put up a haunted house and the same people that think the lazer tag is cool will love a haunted house. Same purveyors. The only thing is that technically this not a quick sell as per square foot a coin or token game makes more than a haunted attraction. At least if the location is profiting. This is an opportunity for FECs to enter the off season market. They need us.

Versa vice, if not an immediate hit, this begins the exposure to whole new markets for haunted attractions to be just as called for as a lazer tag arena. Not enough of them are wildly successful yet when approach on an individual basis. It has to do with the locations having been on the down trend anyhow. What if haunts were installed in the up trend like a normal thing? The market is bigger.

I think this element is worth supporting the Vegas link now. I have watched all these post wondering how pathetic that everyones favorite convention is being dragged around the country by a balloon show.

Now I'm seeing something with potential for anyone that does anything to do with haunted houses.
                  sigpic

Comment

• If this is what you can make an income from, it doesn't matter what day of the week it is. It's a job.

Now that is entertainment.
                    sigpic

Comment

• I would like to announce that I will be making the 200th post as well.

Thankyou.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Possible bad news for Vendors. Union jurisdiction at the convention center.

http://www.asi-show.com/pdfs_07/exhi...RISDICTION.pdf
                        sigpic

Comment

Ha, Right back where we started from. I hate the union,been non union for 30 years and love the fact i can take my lunch at anytime of the day, and a company vehichle is a great perk too!

Aren't a whole lot of union guys that can build this either.
                          This is how i make my living.

Sorry about it being sideways i rotated it but the tag didn't accept it.
                          Backside photo

Comment

• Thats beautiful Kevin. I love big spiral staircases!
                            www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

• They were a damn good band.

Comment

• Adam,

You act as if you're some kind of private investigator or know it all. I don't need you to correct me... I know what I said.

But the fact is the show isn't all on the weedays, and yes now that I learn the show starts on a Sunday I'm a lot happier. People can come in on a Sunday and stay on a Monday. I think that is what will happen.

I did not and do not like the idea that the show isn't on a weekend. But Sunday is technically one of the TWO days people have off. I think that will be good enough. You watch people will take off Monday from work, they'll show up in Vegas on Saturday and leave Monday night.

See the HAUNT show won't take long, seeing the Halloween show not as long as you think. In one day you can cover the whole show no problem but people will stay TWO DAYS.

Adam you act like a know it all but you really don't know anything...

Fact is this won't be any different than it is now...Everyone now goes home on Sunday... they really only spend TWO days at the show, which is exactly what they'll do now. ONE DAY is all you really need if you're a haunter, if you are a Halloween retailer you need the whole show. A haunter ONE DAY!

Look Adam everything you say won't mean a thing...the show like it or not is moving to VEGAS! We'll see you there!

Larry

BTW: In case you didn't catch my post on this subject, I think it was 44% of ALL my customers came from Illinois! Thought you might like to know that! See ya!
                                Larry Kirchner
                                President
                                www.HalloweenProductions.com
                                www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                                www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                                www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Working...
                                X