No announcement yet.

Its Official: Transworld Halloween and Haunt Show is Moving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scarlett... Room rates ALWAYS flucuate on weekends..EVERYWHERE! You can still find better deals in Vegas than any other major destination.

The NASCAR week end is the week before TW. It's March 9-11 this year. TW is scheduled the following week end.

Remember this is Vegas, we usually have SEVERAL tradeshows going simulatiously. NASCAR pulls in what, maybe about 100,000 people?
    Vegas has over 300,000 rooms!!! Don't worry, you'll all fit!!!

And think of it this way, if you want ot make this an extended vacation, those $49 weekday rates make the trip even MORE appealling!!!

Can anyone bring me Italian Beef sandwiches in dry ice next year! LOL!!!
    R&J Productions
    Las Vegas, NV
    www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

Hey ScarlettP

Here are some Las Vegas facts as of 11/30/06 from the
      Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority

Room Inventory 131,769
      Average daily room rate $118.19
      Occupancy Level
      Hotel 93%
      Motel 66.2%

I attend the CES show every year and never pay over $100 for a room.

"World's Largest Technology Tradeshow Attracts Record International Attendance
      With 1.8 million net square feet of exhibit space - the largest show floor in its history - and over 140,000 attendees from across the globe experiencing the latest consumer technology products from 2,700 exhibitors, the 2007 International CES reinforced its status as the world's largest consumer technology tradeshow. Produced by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEAŽ) and celebrating its 40th anniversary, the 2007 International CES ran January 8-11 in Las Vegas, Nevada. "
      As for NASCAR being there, no big deal. I been there with NASCAR, NHRA, SEMA, it's no problem to get rooms.

And don't forget rooms at HotelFear are only $10 :lol: LOL
      Gary
      Midnight Evil Productions
      www.MidnightEvil.com
      Owner/Operator of www.CoffinCreek.com/
      www.Twitter.com/CoffinCreek

Comment

FYI... Here is the official press release from Transworld Exhibits, if anyone is interested...

http://www.hauntedillinois.com/2008t...tolasvegas.php
        Happy Haunting,

Adam Drendel
        Webmaster of http://www.HauntedIllinois.com

Visit us on Facebook for the latest updates! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Haunte...m/225595667213

Comment

Its disappointing that it is moving from the mid-west. And it being a close event for us since we live in Missouri. Although I do have relatives in Vegas and I used to live there so I know my way around. But still I wish it would stay in Chicago! This may open the door for a convention to be started in St. Louis??? Hint hint Larry! Let me know if I can help! :wink: But again I hate to see Transworld move. It has its positives and its negatives both ways. Everyone needs to party it up this year in Chicago big time!
          Damon
          Damon Carson

Comment

I didn't post the whole press release because I was going to post it on my blog but here it is anyway...

TRANSWORLD EXHIBITS MOVES 24TH INTERNATIONAL HALLOWEEN, COSTUME AND PARTY SHOW TO LAS VEGAS , MARCH 2008

NEWS RELEASE
            January 25, 2007

Rosemont , Illinois -- After 23 years in Chicago, TransWorld Exhibits has announced it is moving the International Halloween, Costume & Party Show (HCPShow) to the Sands Expo & Convention Center in Las Vegas . The 2008 show dates will be Sunday, March 16 – Wednesday, March 19.

“By moving this show to Las Vegas , we will be able to expand our floor plan and accommodate the expansion requests of many of our exhibitors. We’ll also open up the show to greater attendance participation from the West Coast. This is a big change for us and we’re excited about its positive effect on the show,” said Joseph Thaler, president of TransWorld Exhibits.

Exhibitors and attendees will be able to see the 2008 floor plan at the 2007 show which is just around the corner, Thaler said, opening on Friday, February 23 and running through Monday, February 26, at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont , IL . “We’re looking forward to discussing our plans with exhibitors and attendees,” Thaler added. “We’ll be talking about this move a lot at the upcoming show and we’re confident that exhibitors and attendees will share our enthusiasm about 2008.”

Transworld’s 12th National Haunt & Attractions Show, located upstairs from the HCPShow in Rosemont, will also make the move to Las Vegas in 2008 and will continue to be held in a separate exhibitor hall, although crossover attendance is free and encouraged.

“We’re already working on a number of special initiatives for the Las Vegas show,” Thaler said. “We hope to announce some exciting co-locating shows and a few other surprises that will add to the excitement of this move.” Announcements and new developments will be posted on the show website, www.hcpshow.com.

For more than 50 years, TransWorld Exhibits has been a leading producer of independent trade shows. The business, which had its roots in the housewares and consumer electronics industry, has over the years expanded its offerings to include general merchandise, Halloween merchandise, giftware, seasonal items, jewelry, fashion and accessories. The firm runs trade shows located in Chicago , Las Vegas , and the United Kingdom .
            Larry Kirchner
            President
            www.HalloweenProductions.com
            www.BlacklightAttractions.com
            www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
            www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

As I figured it would, this announcement has drawn some emotional responses. I think that there are some very good reasons to bring show to the west coast. While some are complaining about how far way Vegas is for many haunters, with the exception that those who currently drive to the show, it should be less expensive to travel to Vegas. There are always good hotel and airfare specials to Las Vegas.

As far as the show, one of the reasons for the move, as stated by TW was to give the show room to expand. I too think that the Vegas show will be bigger. I personally think that one of the reasons for the move is that the haunt industry on the west coast, while smaller than the east coast/Midwest markets, is growing quickly.

I personally like the move, not only because I will be able to drive there, but more importantly, because I will be able to take my wife and combine it with a vacation time. I think that in spite of the gloom and doom predictions, many smaller haunters will feel the same way and find their way to Vegas.

The "feel" of the event is a different matter. It may loose some of its intimacy and dark feel. There may be less casual socializing. But only if we make it so! That is not something controlled by the event organizers or the locations, but by us. If we want to have quality social and networking time for haunters we can make that happen.

Unfortunately, I won't be in Chicago this year. I will, however, be in Vegas next year and I, for one, look forward to a great show.

Dave
              Lords of Chaos, LLC
              House of Chaos Haunted Attraction

Comment

According to the press release the show will run from Sunday to Wed nesday. You are not talking about a weekend now but 3 weekdays. We will always go wherever the show is but I will miss Whitecastles and Giordanos. Mike
                Mike Bizub

Ghouls Gulch www.GHOULSGULCH.com

Comment

Now that is a good point to bring up... I don't like the show being on weekdays thats for sure. That sucks big time!

Most haunters have a real job. Taking off work is a tough thing.

Larry
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President

Comment

I am excited about the move and also that the show will be during weekdays. We already have to fly to Chicago so that is not a big deal. I already have to take time off from my day job to go to Chicago, now I can take all week and stay for some fun after the show!

Comment

I'm okay with the move to Vegas. Warmth, gambling, and hookers all have their charms :twisted: But the week day schedule sucks. That fact really makes it seem like they are trying to cut down on the number of small time mom and pop haunts that can attend. If that schedule isn't already written in stone, then they should seriously rethink it.
                      sigpic
                      Louis Brown
                      Owner, operator, and dish washer
                      at
                      DarkWood Manor

Comment

Also not too happy...

Pros - Yes... it iS a warmer climate and there's more to do in Vegas.

But - we're there to do business and we rarely have time to do other stuff anyway - and we're indoors most of the time... so we're going to be spending more money on travel getting out there because Chicago was closer... and have less money to purchase things.
                        Blood & Kisses,

~ Nicole

Production Team Member
                        The White Star Farm
                        "Hey Baby, this blood's for you."

Comment

I think that in addition to all the reasons already posted the "weekday" time means that the "really" dedicated "business" people will be there and its an attempt to "weed" out the smaller haunters that have "day" jobs and can't afford to take time off work or don't want to use "vacation" days for the show. I fall into the latter category as well so don't take it the wrong way. I go to Vegas many times for expos for my day job and it's a big move for sure. Change is inevitable for everything and nobody likes change at least on the front end. I plan on making a week of it since its right on my birthday and what better gift can I give myself ?

Comment

I was upset about the move for various reasons...but the move of the show from the weekend to the weekdays is just...well...it's not cool. I don't know what else to say. I think that TransWorld is really going to hurt their attendance with this. I'm very disappointed to hear this new bit of bad news. They may not keep the show in Illinois, but at the very least we might be able to pressure them into moving it back to a weekend. Let's band together...
                            Kip Polley
                            www.palenight.com

Pale Night Productions
                            We Engineer Fear

Comment

Once global warming kicks in a bit more and anyone in Las Vegas even going near a window bursts into flames, it will be back in Chicago. Maybe 2009? Sounds like they didn't make that reservation just yet and that is the only mistake I see.

It's like the more they can do to keep everyone bitching the more they get dynamic free advertising from the turmoil. Very clever.
                              sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Kip,

I'm with you baby! I think moving the show to Vegas is a good idea, but having the show on weekdays is a REALLY REALLY REALLY BAD IDEA!

Moving the show to Vegas won't hurt the show at all...people will find excuses just to go to Vegas. Thats really not the issue...the issue will be having the show on weekdays. That will hurt!

Larry
                                Larry Kirchner
                                President

Comment

Working...
                                X