Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Awesome New Idea's and Concepts 2009...Read On!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

been there

Originally posted by Allen H View Post
    I hope you catch the gnome that pisses in your cheerios each morning.
    Allen our group traveled to your place back in 2001 . Gave us a lot of inspiration. Still doing the renaistance stuff?
    We had a blast and you have a great venue for entertainment. Verdun does not have that atmosphere. That's what I call a normal haunted house....

Comment

How about a parade of gnomes that piss on cheerios? That would be entertainment!

People love the giant characters, but the draw back for smaller haunts doing a parade is having the man power to pull it off.

Kevin, maybe a remote controlled cart/costume combo might be an idea for the future.
      sigpic
      Louis Brown
      Owner, operator, and dish washer
      at
      DarkWood Manor

Comment

parade

While a parade during our event would not be feasible because of our situation, we have considered starting a local zombie walk with our characters leading it and making sure we get poenty of publicity with it.

We did put our big character (similar to Gore Galore Giants) in our local festival parade along with many of our characters walking behind a truck and trailer. Our sound cube was out for rejuvenation but just the character walking down the street got great repsonse. I was driving the truck and I could hear all the comments of people as they first saw it. It was cool to hear young and old respond very positively to it.

I know that at one time the Niles Scream Park did 30 + parades each summer and fall for promotion. They have a huge trophy cabinet in the entrance to one of their events. Niles is one of the nation's BEST events even though they don't get the respect.
        Brett Molitor (aka ~ JamBam) Member of HAA

Haunted Hotel-13th Floor (est by Huntington Jaycees in 1968 8) )
        Longest running Haunted House in the WORLD!!

Hysterium Haunted Asylum (old Haunted Cave), Fort Wayne Indiana

Hysterium Escapes - 4 rooms with 3 themes

www.HauntedHuntington.com

www.facebook.com/hauntedhotel

www.Hysterium.com

www.facebook.com/HysteriumFtWayne

www.hysteriumescapes.com

www.facebook.com/hysteriumescapes

sigpic

Comment

Slain,
          If you get a chance please come see us again, I was not director there then and the haunts have gotten way better since then! Screams has a great atmosphere it has always seemed to me to be one incident away from a riot. We have Halloweened up the atmosphere and toned the tension back, I love the environment now. I also Credit our great roaming cast.
          Come see us again,
          Allen H
          www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
          http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

I like the whole idea and all but how would your average haunt be able to pull this off? Even your larger haunts just dont have the space. Theme parks have the space. They have abundant parking as well. And it doesnt matter if people stay till they close. For most haunts I think this would turn into trouble unless they did it everynight say right at dark. The only haunt that I can even think of with even the amount of space would be Verdun Manor. There may be others but Lance was building his to be a Halloween theme park. Just my 2 cents.
            Damon
            Last edited by damon carson; 10-23-2009, 12:39 AM.
            Damon Carson

Comment

Working...
            X