Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how about this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Halloween-Haunte...QQcmdZViewItem

These guys are in the same city as I am, so I could always go check it out if someone was interested.
    Brian Warner
    Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
    Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
    Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

yeah i emailed them,you need to turn a big crank to make it work.also their boards would hang down if used on the celing.they said by may they will have 1 rdy that can be used on the celing and can be triggered

Comment

Chug a couple bottles of "Ripple" and the floor and ceiling looks like it's doing those things.
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

That sucks. I would have thought it would be pneumatic and triggerable. Looks like I have to design one now.
          Brian Warner

Comment

Three years ago when Tom Savini formed his prop company, Boss Productions, they introduced a pneumatic rippling floor at TransWorld. It was designed and built by Gutch Manderino. The following year Gutch designed the rippling stairway in the same fashion. I know that he once had plans to do a ceiling version for Savini’s haunt, Terrormania, but I don’t know if it ever materialized. Gutch later joined up with laFond FX in Colorado, and if I’m not mistaken, Savini’s Boss Productions stopped building animations of any kind at that time.
            http://www.theironkingdom.com

Comment

The

The crank thing was also the way Savinis was (or at least the one I saw was)

If I remember right....it was just like a camshaft on a car engine
              as it turned pegs made the floor go up
              Gee could it get any better than this?

Comment

Mine uses a garage door opener that moves a large rotating "ball" toward the patrons under the "dirt", which of course is not really dirt at all.
                The items in my house that I manually operate have to be that way for human judgement reasons and overall safe operation and they make me tired.
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Boss Productions offered thier rippling floor in a manually operated version as well. We got to know Gutch and Liz pretty well over the week-end of HauntCon in Charlotte. He has a very twisted mind which works well for prop building. And having all the artistic talent of Savini's school at his disposal didn't hurt either. I don't know if the overhead ceiling version was ever built for Savini's haunt, but listening to Gutch's description sounded great. Basically the ceiling of a long hallway would crack and crumble above the tour group like the footprints of a giant monster walking over thier heads.

Comment

man does my haunt have a long way to go after hearin that

Comment

I am done with my designs (two diffrent versions), and should have a working version at Ironstock and MHC.
                      Brian Warner

Comment

hey brian is it pnumatic?

Comment

Oh yeah
                          Brian Warner

Comment

Cool. I’m anxious to see it in action.

Comment

Working...
                            X