Looking for a slingshot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a slingshot

The common one everyone knows - studio-tek slingshot. From what I understand, they are rather hard to come by used - but I thought I'd throw this out there anyway. If you have one, or can point me in the right direction let me know!
    Good deals with : brad, smiley, capt. chaos, fables studios

www.fearthegallows.com

That makes 2 of us...LOL

Shawn
    shawn@twistedwoods.com
    http://www.twistedwoods.com

Comment

Slingshot

Actually it makes 3 of us. I wish someone else would make a cheaper version. I have heard it's impossible to get in touch with Studio Tek after the show.

Thanks,

Dan Augusto
      Owner Tombstone Productions

Comment

I have heard the same thing about them that is why I would not buy one from them.

Shawn
        http://www.twistedwoods.com

Comment

Sounds like an oppurtunity for a vendor passing them by! Ask around like Scarefactory etc to see if anyone else is making / planning on making one. I've only seen this thing one time in photos. I don't know how hard it would be to make.

Comment

Just and FYI..

Originally posted by Frightener View Post
            Sounds like an oppurtunity for a vendor passing them by! Ask around like Scarefactory etc to see if anyone else is making / planning on making one. I've only seen this thing one time in photos. I don't know how hard it would be to make.
            Take it from someone that owned one and used it one season.. It is not all that.. If you have access to steel and welder you can build one..
            The guys from Studio Tek suck with communication and customer service.. The stories you have heard are true.. Beware!!!

Comment

Would you happen to have any detail pictures of it? I feel like I could make one no problem - just haven't been able to see one up close to get an idea of dimensions and whatnot
              Good deals with : brad, smiley, capt. chaos, fables studios

www.fearthegallows.com

Comment

Ill take one too.

Comment

Hey Guys,

There was a thread on this about 3 years ago or so, http://www.hauntworld.com/haunted_ho...ungie-Platform

Allen had some extremely useful information, check it out, it may almost be cheaper (and safer?) to make your own. You'll know what it can handle, you'll know the quality of it and how it should be handled, I always trust something I make more than I trust something someone I don't know made....but then again, if you try and do it cheaply it probably won't be safer lol, heavy duty all the way on this stuff!

Comment

There communication is somewhat difficult but they did come through with the item. You will use it over and over again. But I agree with Slain, you can build it. An idea is if you have a steel structure or beam above, you could use it and not have the whole structure and eliminate it. Just make sure your bungee cords can handle the load and are put together properly.

Comment

Working...
                    X