Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do you get "synergy" stone coating? Or any coating for foam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• casketvamp2
    replied
    What is their web address?
    I'm looking for a distributor in Erie, PA
    Thank you

Leave a comment:

• ChristianK
    replied
    I've also heard that the fire marshal's love this stuff due to it's fire retardant qualities. Can anyone confirm or comment on that? Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• icandrawem2
    replied
    Damon we used to use Senergy quite a bit at the scenic shop I worked at in Jacksonville...It really is a great product. It isnt limited to applying over foam either, it can go on wood as well. I also think you can get it with different size grits but I might be wrong on that.

Leave a comment:

• damon wilde
    replied
    Senergy

Sounds good. I like the idea that I can spray it with a hopper gun. That will save time.

Leave a comment:

• Allen H
    replied
    Its the love child of rubber roof paint and stucco cement. It is a slightly elastic coating, so the surface can still be pushed in with enough force. Mostly due to the foam coalpseing under it as opposed to a weakness of the coating.

Leave a comment:

• damon wilde
    replied
    Senergy coating

Found it in Tampa for 45 a bucket. I want to try it out on some foam carving. Is it kind of like rubber roof paint or more like a stucco cement? Just wondering how strong it will be.

Leave a comment:

• DeathRattle
    replied
    I guess I need to hang up my roller and say good by to drylock

Leave a comment:

• Allen H
    replied
    Yeah I get mine for about $60 to $65

Leave a comment:

• Albert Cicconi
    replied
    I called the dist. near me and it was 65.00 a pail, way less then the ugl we had planned on using. I also found the spray texture gun for around 80.00 at the depot. Cant wait
    Al

Leave a comment:

• damon wilde
    replied
    Senerflex

What's a 5 gallon bucket cost?

Leave a comment:

• Allen H
    replied
    Im glad to help,
    Allen H

Leave a comment:

• Albert Cicconi
    replied
    WOW!!! I think you rock too I can't wait to get started with my new tool. I'll post some pics with the finished result.

Thanks again-
    Al

Leave a comment:

• Baron Von Goolo
    replied
    ALLEN!!! You rock like Slayer, my new best friend! Thanks!

Dave

Leave a comment:

• Allen H
    replied
    Do you use a base coat first?
    ***No, nothing, just senergy, then I seal with a water or concrete sealer, but I have done large pieces and never sealed them and they are still fine five years later so the sealing is just cause I wanted a glossy wet finish for those applications.

or do you roll the finish coat right over the carved foam? I'm wondering what is the best and fastest way to cover some very large foam facades we are building for outside use.
    *****Rolling is for chumps! I normally spray mine on with a texture hopper, they can be gotten for about $99 whereever you get the senergy or a stucco supplier. see....

we were testing some areas with ugl drylock , seems ok but need 2 coats, have you tried ugl? i do have a synergy distributer not too far from me
    ***I have never used UGL so I cant comment, you can put the senergy on as thick as you want in one coat by spraying so I only ever use one coat.
    Allen H

Leave a comment:

• Albert Cicconi
    replied
    Base coat first?

Hi Allen - Do you use a base coat first? or do you roll the finish coat right over the carved foam? I'm wondering what is the best and fastest way to cover some very large foam facades we are building for outside use. we were testing some areas with ugl drylock , seems ok but need 2 coats, have you tried ugl? i do have a synergy distributer not too far from me

Thanks again
    Al

Leave a comment:

Working...
X