Jacobs Ladder Transformer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacobs Ladder Transformer

Doing a little "spring cleaning". Want to build a Jacobs Ladder??? Then you need one of these, neon transformer!!

Here's an identical one on Ebay for $199.00!!!http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Franceformer...item1c1c0c5624

This is the BIG one...15,000 volts!! Do not price it against a 5,000 or 9,000 volt unit!
    Includes the transformer and the insulated posts for the rods. First hundred bucks gets it!!(plus actual shipping costs)

You can email me your address so I can figure your shipping...be warned this is heavy!

Rich- rjprod@cox.net
    Attached Files
    R&J Productions
    Las Vegas, NV
    www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Rich,

Is it non-gfi? Thanks.

Brett
    Brett Hays, Director
    Fear Fair
    www.fearfair.com

Comment

Hey Brett,
      I believe so. It was used as a functioning Jacobs Ladder. That's why I am including the insulating posts to use for the rods.
      All you need is a plastic cylinder and decide how long you want ot make the rods.

Thanks,

Rich
      R&J Productions
      Las Vegas, NV
      www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

Jacobs ladder

I have never used or made one of these before but would love to have one in a mad scientist set-up. I am lame when it comes to this stuff though so I would need a list of what else I would need to make it plug and play and maybe some help on how to put it together.

Comment

Used to use..

Oil burner ignition transformers. I think they were supposed to be 50,000 volts?
          You can attach braided copper wire to each terminal, spread the braids out fan-shaped and thin, trap them the + and - on opposite sides of a piece of glass with more glass on top witha piece of aluminum foil in between and arcs and sparks and fizzing sounds happen when current is turned on. The foil will eventually be totally destroyed and need replacing. It's fun while it lasts! The mere Jacob's Ladder needs this Buddy for the scary sounds it makes, since Jacob is really pretty quiet.
          It has been 30 years since I made one of these. Look around the web for more detailed instructions to get it right the first time, I might be wrong in some minor points (like the one on my head!)
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Freg,

It's not bad if you follow simple directions. I will include a diagram.
            All you will really need is a large plexiglass cylinder to cover the ladder.

If it better fits the theme, you could have a cabinet with glass panels.
            With this much voltage, you just want to keep it covered.

I also have a plexiglass seperator I will include, basically a divider between
            the posts. Just an added safety precausion.

I can take a check or Paypal.

Rich
            R&J Productions
            Las Vegas, NV
            www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

Will be listing on Ebay with a minimum bid requirement. Wanted to make sure Haunters get a first crack before I list it.
              You get the the transformer and two ceramic posts and a plexiglass divider to build your own Jacob's ladder.
              Cool effect for any lab scene.

Closest I can now find on ebay is "Buy It Now" for $80.00.
              So if you want this one NOW, $80.00 and it's yours!

I will list on ebay as a Jacob's ladder build for $100.00

Haunters first!! Respond here or email me direct : rjprod@cox.net

Thanks,

Rich
              Attached Files
              R&J Productions
              Las Vegas, NV
              www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

Working...
              X