Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• animated excercist bed for sale

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=160550671334

I totally need one of these.... Ive got a perfect scene where this would make a great distraction scare....
    Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

Exorcist Bed

This is not the normal animation we see all the time. This looks like a stage fright studios animation that is built ti last forever. I had one one these that I purchased from Spookyworld 10+ years ago. I used it on our hayride for a few years then traded it to Kevin McCurdy. The price seems a bid high, I paid $550.00 years ago. This is a great animation that will never let you down but should be priced around $850.00. Just my opinion.

Dan Augusto
      Owner Tombstone Productions

Comment

no i think you have my prop confuzed ith another company. 550.00 huh? you cant but a static foam prop for 550.00.

Comment

No I'm not confused

The animation you have has one large bore cylinder that raises the body and legs (1/2 metal rods with fiberglass legs attached). The body raises and the head turns around with mouth opening and closing with red glowing eyes. There are springs at the elbow that allow the arms to randomly bounce. I said it is a Very good animatronic that was built by a Grwat company Stagefright Studios from CT. The downside is the animation is over 10 years old and Stagefright is out of business. I believe that from the small picture on EBay that it's the same animation. The original cost ofbthe animation brand new 13+ years ago wa $2550.00. The standard for animations over 3 years old is a 50% discount in price, this is much older. This is My opinion, I know what I paid and what I traded it for years ago. Good luck.

Dan Augusto
          Tombstone Productions

Comment

Dan if you have no intentions on buying the prop. Then why did you post what you think the prop should sell for on here for everyone else to see. That is just wrong, underminded and back stabbing sabotage. For one thing you have no idea exactally what kind of shape the prop is in. And for another can you guarantee that this is the exact same type of bed that Stage Fright Studios used to sell. No you can not because it is not your prop. And third your math does not calculate because not all props get the same where and tear. I have seen some that was less than 6 months old look like they were 50 years old. While others that were over 20 years old still looked brand new. Yes things do depricate over time but has alot to do with how well they are taken care of too. And how would you like it if you had something for sell and some one ran around telling everybody that it is only worth less than you are asking for it. And posted prices as to what they think it sould sell for. And what something my be worth to you may not be worth the same to some one else. Please do everone a favor and the next time you feel the urge to post a price about what you think some thing should sell for, do it on some thing you have to sell. Not on someone esles item they have for sell.

Thank You
            sigpic
            a.k.a. The Butcher
            a.k.a. Hauntlord

Comment

Ok,

A few things:
              First, The last time I checked we/I had what was called Freedom of Speech.
              Second, It's MY opinion... If you don't like it, don't read it.
              Third, I said that it was built well by Stagefright Studios but is over 13 years old.
              Fourth, if You feel it's worth more then Buy it Now....

Dan Augusto

Comment

Thanks

I am glad Dan said what he said. He is just looking out for us; the newbees, so we wont be getting ripped off.. I am glad he is protecting us from people that are trying to take advantage of people that dont know much about a prop.. Information like this helps us make choices when we have tight budgets.

Dan thanks for looking out for others

keep it up

Geoff

Comment

looks like dan had to get his friend to chime in because he realized what an ass he made of himself. all i can say is trail and dan,dont ever sell anything on here cause we will do the same to you,niether of you know your head from your ass. you want to try and look intelligent why not help a haunter out on some haunt questions instead of your bs math on how a prop should be sold

Comment

Look

Trust me I see no one ripping off anyone here. Try spending tens of thousands and have a company drop the bomb and send you shit! It happens alot in this Industry. Anyway this is not cool on many levels because now everyone who don't like a prop or price is going to start saying what they feel the owner should charge for it. How would you guys feel if you posted something and now everyone said it's not worth it. Who are we to set a price on something someone else owns. Hell I have stuff that I would not sell for a million dollars although someone would say it's not worth that. My point is IF YOU DON'T WANT IT THEN GO TO THE NEXT AD. I assure you post like this will come back to bite us all at one time or another. Wipp place the price on the item that you want for it and you will either sell it or not sell it! Either way it's your option! Shane and it's this is only going to cause others to lose sales now. Shane
                    sigpic

Comment

Get them Shane!
                      Im reminded of the times back when we were vending, and we would get the occasional Haunters telling me that we Charge to much for our props, and then would end with.... that they knew how much Latex costs.. Not sure exactly what that had to do with anything, seeing how apparently they didnt think that the experience to sculpt, mold, cast, paint and produce each piece nor the added cost of being a vendor was worth anything, more than the cost of raw latex...
                      I dont think that DMAN was trying to be malicious with his posts, BUT apparently its coming across that way.
                      Dan you may be right you maybe wrong, I know that there are Far to many similar props on the market to be able to say one way or the other, Everyone has a version of this or that prop. Again Iwish I had the extra cash, Id totally snatch it up, for a distraction in a scene at DarkSyde.

Good Luck with your sale.............
                      Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

Hey Bodybagging I wish That I had the extra cash too. If I did I would buy it just to donate it to you.
                        sigpic
                        a.k.a. The Butcher
                        a.k.a. Hauntlord

Comment

Thanx Soul reaper, Heres hoping that you win the Lottery before he sells it...

Comment

Do you have any video of this prop in action? I see your relisted it on eBay.
                            Zach Wiechmann
                            www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

Working...
                            X