Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help!!! How to control everything in a Haunt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!!! How to control everything in a Haunt?

I trying to find out what is the best way to control everything in a haunt. I have tried to get help in other area and not response, that is why I am posting it here. Right now I am using 10 sources of sound or more and all kinds of way to trigger light and stuff. I have haunting for over 12 years and ready to find a easier way.

The cheapest way would be good too.

I appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks
    Last edited by Trail of Terror; 01-18-2011, 04:11 PM.

Cheaper?

There are better ways but unfortunately, once you move up to controlling all from one source its more expensive. In my experience anyway.

Comment

what are the better ways, I am up for anything that will make it easier on me

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
      There are better ways but unfortunately, once you move up to controlling all from one source its more expensive. In my experience anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Trail of Terror View Post
        I trying to find out what is the best way to control everything in a haunt. I have tried to get help in other area and not response, that is why I am posting it here. Right now I am using 10 sources of sound or more and all kinds of way to trigger light and stuff. I have haunting for over 12 years and ready to find a easier way.

The cheapest way would be good too.

I appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks
        This thread might help a bit, with the audio anyways....

http://www.hauntworld.com/haunted_ho...ad.php?t=14020

Comment

just curious

Just curious is your sound ambient background audio for indiviual rooms that just plays on a loop? Or is this sound your mentionin audio effects that need to be triggered with props? This could require equipment of much different specs and of course dollar ranges.

Our haunt has a couple different background audio tracks and has a few audio effects that are triggered with props. Our background audio we run off a computer program however our audio effects we record to individual audio repeaters for each animation.

One thing to consider is even with equipment that can handle many different effects such as audio or lighting, you still need to run the control wiring from the main audio/video room (A/V) out to each area of animation or a speaker for sound. Adds up to be alot of wiring vs having this equipment contained right there close to the haunt set. Another thing is that if a problem ever occurred with that equipment controlling everything is that your entire haunt cound potentially be down vs just one set if you kept the sound and lighting controls local to that area of your haunt.

I have a new product this year I am looking to incorperate in our haunt. We will likely just add a few things each year. In theory this new device should be a great addition but I think it will all depend on how we decide to use it. Most like just be for some outside lighting effects this first year. But like I said....allot of wire getting run from one side of the place to the other.......multiplied by however many lights we use......so we'll see.
          Kelly Anderson
          Owner- Halloween Undercroft
          http://www.halloweenundercroft.com/
          Owner- Haunt Your House llc

Comment

I believe in seperate controls and sound for each room or prop.

WHY?

If that one system breaks down your entire haunt will be down....

I think that makes the desicion easy.

John

Comment

I am simplifying this dramatically.

2 powerful computers
              1 for audio with multi track mixer and zone audio assignable outputs
              1 for DMX control (lighting, fog, and possibly prop control)
              then you will need a rack with zone audio control, with amps and DMX dimmer packs.
              Those props on ir sensors, or foot pads etc, and with independent audio can be left alone or also with an override trigger from the DMX system.

But like I said this is super simplified and not the cheapest method.
              Kevin R. Alvey
              info at gore-galore.com
              www.gore-galore.com
              www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
              www.youtube.com/goregalore13
              www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

My friend Dean at Zombie manor has a system similar to the one in the sound thread posted. That system controls all the room sounds and specifics. A second system controlls ambient sounds back ground noises and such that cover several rooms at once. that way there is a redundancy where he can turn it all on in one room, but if one sound system dies the other still works.
                Trail of Terror- one place to go for the answers to these questions is IAAPA. as we move into complete show control we move into the theme park realm and the vendors you need will be at that show.
                http://www.interactivecontrols.com.au/products.html
                also
                http://www.alcorn.com/products/showcontrol/
                there are other options out there also,
                Allen H
                www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
                http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

The system

The System I would recommend, would be the one Allen posted

http://www.alcorn.com/products/showcontrol/

Comment