Theming problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theming problem

OK, so I have never had a real theme in any of my haunts, so I have a bunch of different props, clowns, body bags, reapers, graves, everything, etc. I have kind of liked this because I could cover everyone's fears. But this year I am really wanting to go with a theme but I don't want all of my props to go to waste. Does anyone have any ideas for me for a theme that has everything? Thanks.
    Mr. Horror
    The Eighth Floor of Hell

What about a Phobias theme? As you said, you want to target each fear. This way you can have a clown room, corpse room, graveyard, etc. And this way your possibilities are pretty limitless: dolls, doctors/dentists, darkness, insects/spiders, etc.
    Katie Lane
    Partner/VP
    Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
    sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

I would use the props you have and write a story for your haunt. Also a backstory to it that you can post on your website. Don't think of your haunt as one building or that it can only be one thing. We have an Asylum and for the first part of it your inside the building it's self but when you get to one of the rooms it looks like someone broke thru the wall and you end up outside in our grave yard and while outside you are seeing the building and windows looking back into the building. Now as you wind thru the graves you come to a caretakers shed , you go in side and now your back inside the Asylum. I'm not saying this is anything new but with just the few props you talk about make your haunt look like a carnival set up near a grave yard and the zombies took over the carnival or have the clowns be killers that are killing people and dragging them off to a grave yard to hide there bodies. Phobias are ok , but I think it's cool when you can give your customers a new haunt expriance. I have always felt it's better to look at a haunt like a book or movie, it should have a good story, don't built a haunt as a shell then try to figure out what to do with it.

Comment

This year we're doing a Phobias theme...

Creepyville: House of Phobias 2009

Kirk
        Kirk Boemmel
        Dark Ghost Manor
        www.darkghostmanor.com

sigpic

Comment

Looking Over The Prop List...

Obviously you should have a fun time copying the old movie "Tammy And The Bachelor".

(Now your mind is saying "WHAA?" just a mental jogger. Did it work? Maybe just slightly?)

The body bags could contain those bonus guys who were paid millions by their big bailed-out company but the boss pocketed their millions and put what was left of them in the bag.
          Greed does strange things to people. Everyone has their price?
          The clown outfitts? Clown zombies created to guard the body baged ones, or maybe zombies science built since money motivates .
          The previous concepts from Terrorknight were good.
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
          X