Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gore Galore Sneak Peak

It is that time again.
    The Transworld Haunt Show is almost here, and we have tons of new stuff to choose from at BOOTH 501.

We designed 8 new costumes this year. We normally do 3 new costumes a year so we are pretty excited about the # of new costumes we have developed this season.

And the new product we developed we are most excited about is what we call the "Creature Cart".
    Normally our costumes have limitations within a Haunted Attraction due to their size so they are usually limited to Queue line entertainment and to help promote your events.
    Well that has ALL changed.

The Creature cart allows you to use one of our Giant Costumes as a 100% Actor operated cart mounted puppet system. No need for electricity or pneumatics in this system.
    Here is a you tube video to demonstrate what I am talking about. NOW, GETCHA SOME GORE!

Now here are all the other costumes and "Creature Carts" we have designed for this season.

Last edited by Gore Galore; 03-22-2009, 09:58 AM.
    Kevin R. Alvey
    info at gore-galore.com
    www.gore-galore.com
    www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
    www.youtube.com/goregalore13
    www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Thats very cool, can't wait to see them at the show.
    Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

Looking great guys!

Cant wait to see yall at the show.
      Brad Bowen
      Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
      www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

Wow, I'm pretty impressed. What's the going price for one of those "Creature Carts". I'm sure by next year you'll see another company with a copycat version of the "Creature Cart". You mark my word.
        Spooky Wishes
        Noah

City Blood: Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana's #1 Haunt Site!

http://www.ohioshaunted.com

Comment

Awsome Man

Just Awsome! Great work! Shane and its wow those are big and scary! Shane this time.
          sigpic

Comment

Jolly,
            I am expecting it to happen.
            When you come out with something like that many will follow in short order.
            However, we expect or really hope that many haunts will make the investment this year with us rather and waiting for other companies to copy the idea.

The Creature cart is basically just an add on so you purchase a Costume for the going price and then we add a "Creature Cart for $290.
            However, it really is not a costume when you upgrade to the Creature Cart. We alter the inner workings of the costume quite a bit to make it a creature cart.
            However, we are trying to figure out a way to take a pre-existing costume and retrofit it to the creature cart. But this has not been achieved yet. But if we did, it would cost quite a bit more.
            The $290 barely pays for the materials and labor to do it.
            We are just trying to get it out there and make sure our buyers, such as yourself, are paying attention and see the value of this improvement to our designs.
            It basically doubles the value of our products and allows people to use our work both in and outside an attraction.

Our Giant Costumes are used for queue line entertainment, and in parades and street fests to generate attention to help you hand out flyers etc... for your attractions.
            Creature carts are used within an attraction to scare the beejeezus out of your patrons.
            Kevin R. Alvey
            info at gore-galore.com
            www.gore-galore.com

sigpic

Comment

great work can't wait to see them at the show,
              by the way why would anyone buy a copy cat when you can get great quality from an honest vendor
              I know with GG what you see at the show is what you get, I wish I could say the same for others
              gore galore keep up the great work
              HHA Member

Comment

Kevin,

I have a few prop/costume idea's that involves a device to be built that rolls as well but having worked for an outdoor haunt on unlevel rough ground have not spent the money to build them.

Do these creature carts only work on paved surfaces?

Comment

Mike,
                  Well we try.
                  Our work is expensive. Not as expensive as it should be, but pretty high budget products.
                  But that is also on purpose. We like to do high end work because well it is funner (I LOVE PROBLEM SOLVING), but part of the side effect is the work is more complicated which also makes it harder to knock off. But the Creature cart is fairly simple. Not as simple as you might think. We did some neat stuff to the armature work that improves the movement considerably. But it appears to be simple and easier to duplicate.

I really wasn't trying to say that people will wait until it is cheaper to buy it from a Knock off, but it inevitably happens sometimes because these types of vendors make it cheaper and that makes it more affordable to haunts that don't have big budgets.

There are 2 guys, not companies, but guys out there that have copied our freakenstein and wraith costumes and try to sell them. But they use PVC etc...
                  Well, I was a little annoyed, but then Karl of Pirates of Emerson said something to me a long time ago that sticks with me. Imitation is a form of flattery.
                  And well he is right. If these guys didn't think our work was cool they wouldn't do it.
                  In addition, I am very secure in our work. We know we do good work, and our customers know it too. So really there is no threat only cooperative competition.
                  And on another level the more companies out there trying to do costumes just pushes us harder to come up with something bigger and better.
                  And I think we do that every year.
                  That is exactly why we did 8 costumes this year,
                  and all with something unique that we hadn't done before.
                  Plus, that is also partly why the Creature Cart was developed,
                  in addition to talking to lots of our customers, and finding out what their needs were.
                  So, thanks to Tattoo, Ben Armstrong, Scott Simmons, Larry, and many others for your helpful suggestions.
                  I am happy to say we have many great friends and clients in this industry and I look forward to many more years of service to them and this industry

So thanks again to all and I wish everyone a great year and hope you will allow us to help you achieve it.
                  Kevin R. Alvey
                  info at gore-galore.com
                  www.gore-galore.com

sigpic

Comment

As usual great costumes. I can't wait to see them in person. Nice work guys!

Comment

Kevin,
                      So far we have only used them on paved surfaces. But if we ulitize large pneumatic wheels on both the front and rear of the carts I don't see why they couldn't be used on many different surfaces.
                      But yes, they would still work best on level surfaces.
                      Kevin R. Alvey
                      info at gore-galore.com
                      www.gore-galore.com

sigpic

Comment

Gore Galore

Kevin,
                        Awesome work! can't wait to see it at the show. Phil, Frightland
                        frightland.com

Comment

Thanks Phil, and everyone for the complements.
                          We will see you all very soon!

I hope everyone is excited.
                          I know I am. More than I have ever been prior to this show.
                          This is the first time where vendors and haunt owners have been involved in some of the planning of it.
                          I hope our involvement in the planning of this show helps to make a successful show for us all.
                          Kevin R. Alvey
                          info at gore-galore.com
                          www.gore-galore.com

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X