Acids and Other Aging Techniques

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acids and Other Aging Techniques

I was wondering what you guys prefer to use acid wise to add that rusted aged effect to metal and wood or any other aging technigues that you pros use THE MOST! Thanks for any info. Vincent This Time!
    Its A Verbal Orgy on Steroids!

For metal....the cheapest/safest and best way is let it soak in bleach for about 3 days. We do alot of chains bolts and frames. If your doing steel walls just spray it on and let it drip. It might take a few weeks to do walls. Painting them just does not work. One little rub and it chips off and looks fake..............

john

Comment

Muratic acid is quick and will also quickly melt nylon clothing and ruin your nasil passages if you get too much , but for $3.00 a gallon? It's fun to watch it bubble and foam and remove galvanizing so it can rust or hold paint. Have lots of water nearby to wash yourself or anything that gets splashed and rinse off the item after the acid is done to stop it from destroying the item.
      I have seen muratic acid open clogged drains and also open the clogged drain , if it was steel pipe (old plumbing) by opening the side of the old pipe right up too.
      Muratic eats rust you can also use it to clean something rusty but you must control it.
      Need i say it? "Outdoors!" Not an indoor "toy".
      If you keep the bottle in your workshop and didn't quite get the cap screwed back on tight every steel item in your shop will have a slight surface rust on it a week later.
      Every person must chose the advantages versus the downside of using this product for themselves . I used to use muratic acid quite often..it does quickly burn human skin too.
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

To quickly age wood, buy a bag of Ironite powder fertilizer. In a large bucket doump about half the bag and fill with water, about 5 gallons. Let it slowly soak and disolve for a day or so. Strain the liquid and place into a Hudson sprayer, pump, spray, and go!!! The look will be slightly greenish, you can add gray and brown washes over this.

Matt
        Listen to them, Children of the night. Oh what music they make.

Comment

That is awesome guys. REALLY AWESOME! Thanks for all those tips I like the bleach the acid and the wood aging thing. I'd love to hear some more tips. Vincent This Time!
          Its A Verbal Orgy on Steroids!

Comment

Working...
          X