The end all transworld post!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The end all transworld post!!!!!

With all the problems in the world did transworld over look the small cats that add up to ALOT!!!! I myself thought it should be left alone as one show!!!! hell move it to St.louis if you want too!!! I truly do not give a damn,But the big wigs at transworld thought they can shit golden bricks with alot of vendors and buyers attached!!!!! am i wrong maybe?? but us haunters have a voice and it a loud one.

Jason Blaszczak

http://screamlinestudios.com
    Last edited by screamline studios; 03-09-2009, 11:14 PM.

Here is the funny thing I'm hearing... both shows Houston and Transworld have been told by buyers and vendors the haunters bring energy to the show and they need to get them back. LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Years and years of hearing we don't need you then both of their shows fall flat on its face now they want us back (meaning retailers). LOL LOL

I told those guys from Rubies the haunters make Halloween not the other way around he shrugged that off.

I'm betting Transworld will ask us to come back to their retail show in Chicago... the answer is NO! There won't be a retail show in Chicago from everything I'm hearing.

Houston will be knocking on the door soon begging us to come to their show...the answer is NO! They are charging $2500.00 per booth and they don't and won't market to our buyers only those retailers.

They want our money but won't use it to market to our buyers, won't grow our industry, meet our education needs...answer is NO!

We must go alone and grow our own show be it in Indianapolis, St. Louis, Kansas City, or where ever and our show should be in March NOT February... not going to happen.

We can produce the show ourselves if we must but we do NOT want to re-locate with a retail show, pay the higher prices, just to be caught up in the middle of this drama.

Forget it...

Even if the Haunters came back to say Transworld in Chicago it won't help the show survive... we still won't place orders for costumes, feathers, wigs, or whatever ever, we'll make bodies, we'll fill some space but we still will not save the retail show.

We need our own show PERIOD! Wait a minute we have one, now we keep it no matter what anyone wants us to do or think.

Time to move on...let the retailers fight it out.

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Let's just say the best thing to come out of Vegas was lots of room to walk, take pictures and getting Wes Craven to talk to Rotting Flesh Radio and do a RFR ID for us.

That sums it up. Here I come St. Louis.

"The Original Haunt Industry, Halloween and Horror Podcast"
      http://rfrpodcast.com

COSTUMES FOR KIDS
      "Bringing Halloween to Disabled and Less Fortunate Children"
      http://www.costumesforkids.net

Comment

Wes Craven!?!?!

Nice. I'm gonna have to hear that podcast!
        Brad Bowen
        Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
        www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

I agree. Say "NO" to both and lets keep it our own.

John

Comment

I'm saying NO! -Tyler
            Chris Riehl
            Sales@spookyfinder.com
            (586)209-6935
            www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Well

Whats wrong with TW charging the high price to the Halloween section heck maybe increase it a little. Then if anything maybe the Haunt Vendors can use this time to get the booth prices they want. They can charge the Haunt section a smaller price for the haunt vendors to save even more money ? I am supporting St. Louis dont get me wrong. But what bothers me is were screaming that now where now bigger, better, more important than Halloween now but the vendors still scream that booths are to high? Its like we say one thing but in reality its another its very confusing. If were more important and making more money and have now passed Halloween why dons is seem the vendors are still struggling with money? Shane and its I still would love to see both! Shane this time.

*** Let me say this in reading my own post honestly as far as vendors go and nothing aginst you Larry but Larry has been talking the most you may or may not be speaking for all vendors because honestly I have not seen Distortions. Unit70, Oak Island, Scarefactory actually hardly any vendors chime in here on this subject and I would love to hear from them. Again nothing aginst you Larry and I AM SUPPORTNG THE SHOW. But if were now the big boys when will we start acting it ya know and stop crying over a few hundred dollars. I WILL ADD THIS ONE MORE TIME I SUPPORT, I SUPPORT AND I SUPPORT ST. LOUIS.
              sigpic

Comment

I hope a few people won't be a road block for what the majority of the rest of us want. Most want the two together, not seperated. Find a city with good rates, go to all the key Halloween vendors, underprice what Transworld would charge and set up a show that includes both Halloween and Haunt. The haunt industry is growing for sure, but Halloween has grown much more and we have been helped by Halloween's more favorable and warmer reception by the public.

Darkangel

Comment

I don't have a ton of time to post here as I am getting ready to drive back to Cali from Las Vegas, but I would like to say a few things here...

I think that the Haunt industry needs to be careful not to adopt this idea that they are going to be the new 'lead dog'- there are NO guarantees; yes it would be great if the Haunt show got to be so successful (and this won't happen overnight) that the Halloween folks would say, "hey- can we come to your party?..."

We will know in a couple weeks what will happen in St. Louis, and perhaps many here will be singing the same tune. Maybe not though.

I will say this- I spoke to both Joe Thayler and Steve Stilson for about 45 minutes (Yes- they actually came to my booth to see what I had to say). And IMO- the news isn't very assuring.

Joe doesn't listen. Steve does, but Steve isn't the final decision maker, Joe is.

Joe is very set in his ways. He looks at numbers and trends. He doesn't seem to think too much about feedback from people who actually WORK in these industries.

TW is very good at the mechanics and operation of a tradeshow. They put on a good show- but they do not understand the dynamic relationships that make up this particular industry.

The so-called Haunt pavillion that everyone is upset about is a good example of TW's inability to 'get it'- They failed to see the repercussions of their actions in promoting the Haunt pavillion
                  in a very misleading way- it wasn't just vendors that were pissed, there wer plenty of buyers as well.

In short- I think this industry is still too small to warrant 2 or 3 separate shows. We need ONE show, but it doesn't look like that will happen anytime soon.

All for now.

Thad
                  Dental Distortions
                  Last edited by toothtwister; 03-10-2009, 09:53 AM.
                  Our Teeth Make Kids Scream, Dogs Bark and Adults Cringe

Comment

Thank you thad well said.

IMO We have a show like everyone wants, it is called "The Midwest Haunters Convention". Reasonable rates all around, No dryage, and they can have plenty of room for everyone. Yes the one downfall is their current date, but with a little support from the larger vendors, unit 70, Scare Factory, Distortions and others. Barry could possiblly get dates moved for 2011 or 2012, because these places are booked years in advance.

Another thing MHC has going for it, the producers (Barry, Kathy, Neena, and Kelly) do listen and understand what we want, and what we need, as well as what the industry as a whole is all about.

My 2 cents!
                    Ken
                    www.boocrewproduction.com

Comment

Amen Ken!

Agreed.
                      Thanks, Jeff
                      www.thefrighteners.com

www.IronStock.com
                      www.HauntForum.com
                      www.MidWestHauntersConvention.com

Comment

Omg!!

I am for it and what if we could get the retail side involved!!!!!! Shane and its that would be sweet man just sweet! Shane this time!
                        sigpic

Comment

Well Shane,

You may just have something there.

The retail side could do there own show same location, But in there own section. The haunters can do their show, in a separate section.

The Greater Columbus Convention Center has 1.7 million Sq Ft that they boast. According to the Donald E Stephens website the Rosemont only has 840,000 Sq. Ft.

Average temps in March 29 to 59 degrees.
                          Average precip 3.10 inches or 1/10th of an inch or less a day.

For all this to happen there would need to be allot of cooperation between the retail and haunt show producers.

2 Great shows one location!
                          Ken
                          www.boocrewproduction.com

Comment

What do i think? Here it is!

It seems to me that, like every huge business, the people who make the final decisions are not in touch with the customer base. They, as stated, don't "get it."

To be successful, they should at least have a staff consultant that could help them maximize the potential that the haunted part of transworld could generate. It's to their financial and reputational (is that a word? LOL) downfall that they aren't reaching that potential.

MHC caters to haunters, because they ARE haunters. Not fat cats in suits, sitting around a table with their evian and crullers. They are at a Denny's, in blood stained clothes, drinking coffee, discussing subjects that make the other people move to a different section.

No matter how big this industry gets, it still needs a hometown feel, and they are missing the boat.

As for Chicago, I love it, no matter the weather, but I'm from Ohio and used to it. How many people are scared away by that?

And that's all I have to say about tha-at.
                            Do Vegan Zombies eat heads of lettuce?

Comment

Why MHC over Hauntcon?

Comment

Working...
                              X