Benefiting from poor economy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Benefiting from poor economy

My employer is remodeling their entire office area, probably 600 cubicles. There is zero market for used cubicle walls right now because the market is flooded with various companies going out of business.

So, my company just donated all the cubical walls to me for my Haunted Hospital. They are pre-wired with 3 prong outlets, really solid, and easy to assemble. I only have about 1 tenth of what I can take and I already have 100 panels.

The only issue is that they are only 5' 6" tall, so I will still need to do some modifications to add a foot or so, but this will save me thousands of dollars in wood.

I hate to benefit from a bad economy, but I'll take what I can get.

I don't see anything wrong... your actually helping them out! If you had not taken them, wouldn't they have to pay to have them removed since you can't just "toss" items that big?

Also, this is a great time to buy into your marketing... as Larry puts it, you have to "rape" the media outlets during this time! I'll say this, we just signed a HUGE radio deal and a BIGGER TV deal and we're paying a THIRD of what it'd normally cost!

It's a great time... take advantage! -Tyler
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

tyler

Is your location secure yet?

Comment

Yeah! Thankfully.... hahahahaha... -Tyler
        Chris Riehl
        Sales@spookyfinder.com
        (586)209-6935
        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Don't feel that bad, I bet there is some way to write it off as a tax deduction. Plus you'd be saving them the cost to remove them from the property.
          Chalk one up to good karma, just remember to pay it forward
          Do Vegan Zombies eat heads of lettuce?

Comment

Pay it forward was a good movie...back on topic! Yeah man you probably helped the company out. More of a mutual benefit then a greedy for yourself benefit. And they get a write off i believe if your charity.

Comment

A fortunate event has occurred, just enjoy it, and remember it when the next unfortunate event comes along.

Maybe in the future you could do some kind of "office hell" section of your haunt, now that you have cubicle walls!

Comment

Working...
              X