Vegas, day 2 2PM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vegas, day 2 2PM

Friend sent a pic from midday saturday. Can't believe this is the same show that was SO busy in Chicago!!
    Attached Files
    www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Ron,

Don't you mean so busy in Vegas? The show was PACKED in Vegas last year. It has nothing to do with the city so lets cut that nonsense. They had their best show ever last year in VEGAS!

Everyone wanted out of Chicago including Rubies. The show is blowing because of Rubies and the Houston show.

This is very depressing for sure. I think it might be the end once and for all for this show and I don't care what city it moves to.

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Sad

It depresses me! Makes me think of all the good times. I did not go to either show because I was afraid of this and hated Vegas. My sales reps will come to me so its no big deal but its sad just sad to think the good times are gone! Shane and its RIP HPC. Shane this time!
      Last edited by graystone; 03-08-2009, 06:25 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

Shane I think you said it RIP TO HPC.

Now can we all just for one second think practical erase emotions and just think practical.

Who actually thinks moving this how back to Chicago or for that matter anywhere will save it? Do you think moving the show back to Chicago in the cold weather in February will save this show? Its not up to me or you we are not retailers.

The retail industry will decide its fate, and they do NOT want two shows. They will choose to side with Rubies and move to warmer Houston or they will go back to Chicago. Who thinks moving the show back to Chicago will somehow change everyones minds in the retail industry to forget their differences and come back? I can tell you no one. The retailers hated Chicago and I mean hated it... they hated the unions, the high fees and they hated the cold weather.

Once you get past your emotions you will come to realize that this show is basically done no matter where it moves. The ONLY thing that will save this show is this... Rubies has a change of heart and somehow Transworld can make up with them. If Rubies sticks with Houston and snubs Transworld Chicago its done.

Now again please think rational here... aren't you glad you are not a part of this mess? Aren't you glad we are not there? Now all the haunt vendors who thought MAYBE they'd miss a buyer if they don't exhibit are freaking doing a jig right now.

Tradeshows cost money lots of it, and right now there are way too many especially in Halloween retail.

Look there just isn't that many Halloween retail buyers anymore, because Walmart, Target, Spirits, Halloween Express, Party City, just took it over. There is different methods now to buying everything is changing, and its not just this show IAAPA as well has changed.

Look face reality nothing will ever be the same again.

Now again think rational... please!

Its time to put all your marbles behind yourself, your industry, and make what we have bigger than before, bigger than it will be this year and every year. That can only be done if everyone gets on the same page.

We need to go to St. Louis and act professional, united, as one industry.

We need to dictate our own future for our own industry.

Time for you the haunt owner to take charge of your own industry. I think working with Transworld will be great, but not as part of some weak retail show. We need 110% of the focus shined on haunts, halloween attractions and maybe yes maybe even Christmas attractions. We need MORE vendors from the amusement industry, we need more choices for insurance, more technology, more theming suppliers, more of everything.

That can ONLY be done through an ATTRACTION SHOW!

The door is wide open and it will be successful this year, but what about 2010 and beyond? I predict if we ALL stay on target it will grow by 30 to 50% a year for the first three years.

Once we get there you'll neve look back I can assure you.

Please think rational... a combo with a dead or any retail show or guide our own futures. Those guys from Houston are going to be calling soon and we need to tell them thanks but not thanks to their $2500.00 booths that will cripple our vendors.

Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President

Comment

I can say

I do agree with Larry on this one. I am glad the haunt vendors and buyers are not caught up in this mess. Rubies needs to chill I buy very little from them because I hate the way they do!! But I do hate to see the other good retail vendors caught up in this! Guys hold your heads up better things will come! Shane and its Sad just sad! Shane this time.
          sigpic

Comment

Oh boy it looks packed there. I didn't attend when it was in Vegas, but I remember when it was in rosemont it was packed. You could barely move. If this is the second day, what the hell is it going to look like on Sunday? It might be a good idea to include Christmas in the haunt show, but here's the problem. Christmas is a huge industry and if you start including it, it may take over the haunt tradeshow. You don't want the focus on the tradeshow to be Christmas. It might just be better to have an all Christmas show. That gives me an idea.
            Spooky Wishes
            Noah

City Blood: Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana's #1 Haunt Site!

http://www.ohioshaunted.com

Comment

Shane,

I'm glad you agree with me.

Noah,

The show was packed to the rafters last year in Vegas. The city isn't hte problem read what I've said that is the problem. Going back to Chicago in the winter will only be the death blow if the death blow hasn't already been lowered.

If you ask me Transworld should not do another Halloween retail show and simply focus on building this new show, using their leads, and insight to making this show stand out. Why not?

Going back to Chicago ... NO THANKS! Going back with those retailers... NO THANKS!

These photos from Vegas look dim, but do you think we'll see the same thing in St. Louis? NO WAY! It will be packed I know it.

I bet you a bunch of those retail buyers end up here as well... I'll bet they did Houston then said now we'll go to St. Louis. I know Spirits is coming.

They told me so!

Larry
              Larry Kirchner
              President

Comment

In all fairness there were a lot of people there last year in Vegas. I don't know who they were but they were there. I couldn't tell if there were more than in Rosemont but the people taking sales could tell you. I don't think it being in Vegas is the problem.

I said this yesterday, this doesn't really have anything to do with us this year so why argue about it?
                Jared Layman

Comment

I wasn't saying the city was the problem. I was just saying that I remember when it was in Rosemont, it was packed. I'm not going to say that I remember last year when it was in Vegas, it was packed because I wasn't there. I think this year's Haunt Show is going to be a success for sure, but who really knows how big of a success when the show hasn't happened yet. At this point it's speculation.
                  Spooky Wishes
                  Noah

City Blood: Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana's #1 Haunt Site!

http://www.ohioshaunted.com

Comment

Las Vegas was not as packed as the show was when it was in Chicago. I thought the Vegas show last year was ALOT less crowded then it ever was during all the years I attended in Chicago. It's funny how no one started to bash Chicago all those years until it moved to St. Louis (well the haunt portion that is). Personally, I think the show (Transworld) needs to become one big show again. The show to go to last year was definatly MHC. That was the best show in my opinion last year. That is the show I am attending this year.

Comment

Well, I am not going to get into which location is better but I won't ever bash Chicago. I love that place and whenever I go I do stay in Rosemont and then just take the blue line into the city. I have found enough to do to entertain me but I have spent a little time driving around looking for stuff and now I just know where to go. I know where there are good hotels and food. I will say though I haven't ever flown in so I bet it can be frustrating wanting everything close so you don't have to take taxis. That would change my opinion a bit if I were there just for a tradeshow. In fact I will be there in August for something. That being said I understand why people don't want to go there in Jan, Feb, and early March though. As long as we don't get to extreme I don't care where it is. I have had fun in Rosemont. I had fun in Vegas. I am sure St. Louis will be fun, I have been there a handful of times and there is stuff to there.
                      Jared Layman

Comment

Working...
                      X