X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last one

But bottom line is everyone must work togther,
    get a letter going, send it Tranworld work togther,
    it takes everyone, and MOST OF ALL, IT TAKES OPEN MIND!
    Look at it from everyones view. Not just yours. If anything Transworld needs to get bigger. I really think to pull it all around it will need to do what i suggested. Maybe another section added, like a Haunt Con or Chiller or Fear Fest, with small tables, vendors mask artist ect.
    But a time & place must be sorted out first. Everything must be put under the bridge. AND PRIDE must be swallowed! Its not that hard!

Shoot me Kill Me, but its all fact guys.
    I miss the old TW, and I wish them luck. I have spent hours and hours on the phone putting my 5 cents in, and yearly meeting at the show. Theres an old saying, you cant help someone if thier not willing to help themself.
    TW will return to Chicago and it will be one again, it has to be. Or at least one up-stairs one down to keep the peace. But for now and 2010 enjoy St.L and have fun! Thats what its all about. So instead of judging and threatning to not come, or being like a child who cant have thier cookie before dinner, step back and think it over. Because TW will go on wo you. The only one to suffer is you. Solve the problem dont be a part of it.
    And hey, just think. At one time long ago it all use to be one floor and one happy family. Believe it or not.
    If I repeated of some of what Larry said, I'm sorry. If I offened you I also am sorry. But this is fact, and no one will get no place if theres no team effort. Vendors, Buyers and Show people alike. Hopefully now you understand. See the point.
    As for the Haunt show in St.Louis. I will be there of course. I'm 100% positive it will take stand to the Vegas show. The LV/Houston split killed them! Lets show TW how "WE" have fun. Maybe the costume people will follow suite, and one day "WE" will all be one happy family again.

To be honest here, if people dont get thier act together, there wont be any shows, because the people, the buyer, and the vendors will say. "YOU KNOW WHAT? HELL WITH IT, HERES OUR WEB SITE, ORDER OFF OF THERE! SAVES EVERYONE, TIME, MONEY and HEADACHE! NOT WORTH IT!" THEN WHAT! WELCOME WORLD WIDE WEB! GOOD BYE GOOD TIMES! GOOD BYE GET TOGETHERS! GOOD BYE HAUNTED HOUSES IN MARCH, FEB or WHATEVER! WHO SUFFERS? ITS NOT LIKE OLD DAYS. NOW YOU HAVE THE WEB, THAT MIGHT BE THE ONLY ANSWER! YOU THINK ABOUT THAT.

I REST MY CASE!

Mike/PoD
    Last edited by princeofdarkness; 03-13-2009, 11:07 PM.

Comment

I don't go to the show to have "fun". I go to get business done so I can enjoy scaring the hell out of people in October.

Comment

Transworld

I have read these post over and over.

With all do respect Larry. Please dont take this wrong. Your starting to sound like
        Rubies on the Haunt Side. Maybe its control, or power thing I dont know. I dont understand, your a business man. But its your decision, and choice. I would think you would support TW for better or worse. They sure have done alot for you over the years. Whens the last time you guys did something way out. People like SF and Unit 70, Distortions, Morris and Lafond all good friends of mine fork over $1000's to display at the show. I remember when HW has thier animatronics & props all over the place. Over the last 5+ years Ive seen nothing but Mag & Videos. Fine exsample. I hope St. Louis is different since its only a few yards away and in your backyard. Ive never missed a TW. I can name every year every vendor from Day 1
        (Well TW together. I did not attend Vegas this year.)

Quote "Yeah when they said Houston was a bust
        Houston was dead, Vegas is dead... those two shows killed each other."

Yeah they did over STUPIDNESS! Blame Rubies. That much is true. But maybe they will learn. If they do, then maybe we should support that. IF they dont, well hell with them. But dont put all costume people in there.

Quote "One a different note do you guys think Chicago is going to solve any problems for TW? You guys are FREAKIN NUTS if you think so wake up!"

Do you think St.L is going to solve it? Why because its in your back yard. It will bring money to your place. Thats what its coming off as. Hell I support Orlando or Atlanta myself. I live in Chicago. And Canada.

Quote "The problem isn't the city its Rubies and all the other vendors that dumped Transworld and started their own show. No point in being part of a dying show."

True I agree there, but no point in letting the little costume vendors or prop/mask people suffer either. If Rubies and California Costume and Cinn Secrets wants to do Houston let them. My point is open your arms to the other vendors, they need us, we in a sence need them. Think of the extra bodies, and money as a whole.

If you think you dont your wrong. Remember this, thier are alot of voices. Alot of vendors, and alot of money TW pumps out. You dont have that money. No one will ever pay for a show. Not when its thier money going into the pockets of the sellers. I wont. No one will with hafe a brain. IM doing you a favor not the other way around. Its not what I can do for you, its what you can do for me. Tell me why I should buy your product, or thier product or whatever. You think Im going to pay for that. Meaning pay to get in a show. NO WAY MAN! I dont need your business (Meaning vendor, not you) you (vendor need mine.) SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT!

The next thing is, again the BIG Vendors. WO them you dead in the water!
        Next whos going to take control of it. Too many Chiefs not enough Indians.
        Business is Business and I know all the tricks of the trade. Everyone going to try to profit from one thing that have these great ideas. Its people who suffer.

Quote "Rubies is going to do what they did this past year and start calling all the big retailers and tell them 'look there can only be one show, so lets just all get behind Houston'. Retailer vendors will have to take a long hard look at that because they don't want to exhibit at TWO SHOWS!" Your right, they wont, but they will also look at whos leading them into war. There not going to let a leader get them killed. If they are their stupid. But already they should have learned. Believe me, people aren't stupid. "Fool me once shame on you" "Fool me twice shame me". This might take two years, Im sure it will. Houston already set. St.L is set for 2010.
        So you let the storm pass, then rebuild! If I were TW Id cancel Chicago 2010 and try to push them to St.L. That be hafe the battle. Let Rubies do whatever. They be back. Its thier dime...

Quote "Then what happens is they tell Transworld thanks but no thanks and then what do you have ... NOTHING a show that is even WORSE!" No, you have a show without Rubie and the other clowns but still vendors and costume people. Life goes on.

Quote "Here is the other possibilty... Transworld goes to Rubies and works all this mess out with them and Rubies comes back and then you are back to one big show." Well whos pride is stronger?

Quote "And we can ALL be thankfull that the haunt industry isn't caught in the middle and has their OWN show in a DIFFERENT CITY!" - So shut the door on the other vendors make them go to Houston...Even the guys who sell to yard haunts, and small haunted houses that want to be apart of the haunters but are small vendors or small mask makers and ect ect... The Giggets. (Nice I wanta party with you dude.) (Even Moses let Roman soldiers join him in his house when the Angle of Death Passed By.)

So your answer is one Hauntshow in St. Louis. Thats big answer. It never fly. Trust me. I know. Sorry. Really what your setting yourself up for is the mirror image of the costume people. Right now you have a 3 way split. Most if not all big vendors will support and have already the show going as 1. Do you want to end up like Rubies people and have a split Haunt show with certain vendors here certain vendors there. Think about that. Thats where your headed. If so, you might as well just order off the web.

You tell me a plan that will work, convince me I'll support anything that reasonable. But not for one self being, and I see it going there. I know alot people, and have alot of pull, trust me, wether TW dies or not, I will support them, and do everything in my power and beyond to convince the haunt vendors that. If I have to fly from city to city. I just think within reason this can be solved. But like a strike, both sides have to give in alittle. Yes its our problem. While you think retail is not our problem, well, its not but, it still effects the over all image. TW
        has done alot for the all walks of life. If you wanta say I'll never go back to Chicago bah bah bah, it only makes you look bad, and you know what, life goes on. I wont miss those videos or Mags much. Sorry and with all do respect. It doesn't sound good when you toss those words. But your grown man and can do what you and your company wish. But the doors open even for Rubies, HW and whoever wants to come on in...

Mike/PoD
        Last edited by princeofdarkness; 03-14-2009, 01:37 AM.

Comment

Mike,

Wow! That was a lot reading! LOL Let me thank you for being the first to agree with me on one major point (in your first post I think) and that is the fact that TW is a business and they will do what is best for them and them alone.

The other thing that you and everybody else is missing is the fact that we now have all of these shows BECAUSE OF TRANSWORLD! Here is a quick synopsis:

Hauntcon started because LP saw a need to do a show that catered more to haunters. We all remember the days when haunters were the "red headed stepchildren" at TW.

MHC started the same year as HC. We never intended it to be a big show but we benefitted from some unusual decisions by TW:

2004 - TW enforces their admittance rules and post security in the aisles. 2005 - TW put haunters upstairs creating further uncertainty.
          2007 - TW unexpectedly changes dates by almost a month after years on the same weekend.
          2008 - TW moves to Vegas
          2009 - TW splits up the shows

Houston was created by extreme dissatisfaction with TW by some very big $$ stakeholders. While everyone here seems to want to blame Rubies I would encourage you to dig a little deeper and and learn the rest of the truth. As some people like to say - "follow the money".

So, I guess what I am saying is that once again we, as an industry, are in the same place we have been every year for the past five. Everyone is saying "we all have to work together for the sake of the vendors and support the TW show". While, at the same time, we are all waiting for the other shoe to drop on what TW will do to us to create uncertainty. They are the one common thread throughout.

I will end this post as I started it - it is about business. Vendors will go to the shows where they can make money. Haunters will go to the shows where they can do the business they need to do and have a good time. The shows will continue to do what they think is best for them. Yes there is no I in team but at the end of the day we all do what we feel is best for ourselves.

Comment

Well said Barry.
            Thanks, Jeff
            www.thefrighteners.com

www.IronStock.com
            www.HauntForum.com
            www.MidWestHauntersConvention.com

Comment

Mike,

I've read your posts over the years here and there, and you always go to Transworld but how much do you actually buy? You do own a haunt or not, or are you just an enthusiast who loves to talk the talk to vendors?

I want to see everyone together with the exception to Rubies, they suck.

Darkangel

Comment

Working...
              X