Vegas a bust?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vegas a bust?

Not sure if I am calling the time of death early, but I was talking to a friend at a booth at Vegas and she said it was terrible there today! She says the vendors were walking around takling to each other for something to do and the saw maybe 50 people at their booth today!
    www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Sad to say but I talked to someone there and they said it is DEAD as a door nob. I heard it is worse than Houston. Two shows Houston and TW isn't a good idea period.

I heard that the show is about 60% smaller than last year...again all around bad news coming out of Vegas.

But on the bright side it was only Friday. The bigger days could be Saturday or maybe even Sunday. So it could get better who knows.

Maybe now these retail shows will realize haunted houses make the show floors look crowded. Let me say this and I'm 110% certain of this... the St. Louis show will be packed and will have more attendance than both the Vegas and Houston shows.

That you can bet on!

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

DUH! Like it was some big surprise that the Vegas show would be a bust. LOL.
      Happy Haunting,

Adam Drendel
      Webmaster of http://www.HauntedIllinois.com

Visit us on Facebook for the latest updates! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Haunte...m/225595667213

Comment

Yeah when they said Houston was a bust you thought maybe the Vegas show would do better but I guess not. At this point the haunt only show is looking better and better by the minute.

Let the retail industry crash and burn until they all unite and figure out exactly what they want like we have done.

We should rely on ourselves and let them figure out their own mess.

Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President

Comment

Hey i remember a time that it was really big and LOT'S of people attended!! It was called Chicago!

Yeah we had good times there! Problem was nobody owned a coat so we moved it!

Comment

Kevin

Lmao! !!!!!!! I was thinking the same thing! Shane and its I saved back enough to buy a coat! Shane this time.
            sigpic

Comment

Hell no... unless it's moved more into Spring... it'll be hard to get me to go back to Chicago, as I'm sure other haunters as well! -Tyler
              Chris Riehl
              Sales@spookyfinder.com
              (586)209-6935
              www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

LOL thats funny guys . I have a coat, I dont mind going to Chicago. Even though St. Louis is much closer and Fearfest is open on Friday nite for the show I would be happy to go to Chicago. WOOHOO Dreamreapers!!!!
                Greg
                Greg Allen
                scarygreg@andersonfarms.com
                www.andersonfarms.com

Comment

Ah Kevin, that isn't the problem... ET PHONE HOME!

If you don't recall or maybe you didn't attend Vegas last year but that show was PACKED! WALL TO WALL PEOPLE... so how do you explain that one? Oh let me tell you it was called BEFORE HOUSTON!

It was also called ... BEFORE ST LOUIS! IS ET PHONED HOME YET? LOL

Houston was dead, Vegas is dead... those two shows killed each other.

In fact if you didn't know Girls Next Door was even in VEGAS filming for their show...

The problem here isn't the city its the fact that Rubies is tying to cut Transworlds knees off but it looks like they will only get one knee while Rubies cut off one of their own knees.

I think the Vegas show last year was the busiest Transworld I had ever seen personally! It was wall to wall people.

Larry
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President

Comment

One a different note do you guys think Chicago is going to solve any problems for TW? You guys are FREAKIN NUTS if you think so wake up!

The problem isn't the city its Rubies and all the other vendors that dumped Transworld and started their own show. No point in being part of a dying show, when you can be a part of your own and very own thriving show.

Larry
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President

Comment

I always thought it was funny how people would bitch and complain about Chicago weather during Transworld. Were they really going to let outdoor temps detour them from seeing the biggest Halloween show on Earth (at that time, anyway). If so, they must not be serious about the haunt business. Besides, if you’re that thin-skinned, just buy a coat! Problem solved. LOL.
                      And I agree with Greg. “WooHoo” for Dream Reapers!
                      Happy Haunting,

Adam Drendel
                      Webmaster of http://www.HauntedIllinois.com

Visit us on Facebook for the latest updates! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Haunte...m/225595667213

Comment

Adam,

Actually, weather and location is a HUGE factor for conventions across several industries... not just ours. If TW did move the hauntshow back to Chicago... I probably would not go... I'd make MHC our main convention; which I wish would happen anyway.

To me... I would move the Hauntshow more south... Orlando? Nashville? Louisville? Atlanta?...

Chicago + Hauntshow = DEAD convention within 2 years! Promise! -Tyler
                        Chris Riehl
                        Sales@spookyfinder.com
                        (586)209-6935
                        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Adam,

By this time next year I think we are only going to have ONE retail show just one...

Why?

Look around Houston was chopped liver. Vegas is as bad or worse. Rubies didn't go to Vegas and they won't go to Chicago either. Here is what is going to happen, and you can just call me Mr. Prediction...

Rubies is going to do what they did this past year and start calling all the big retailers and tell them 'look there can only be one show, so lets just all get behind Houston'. Retailer vendors will have to take a long hard look at that because they don't want to exhibit at TWO SHOWS!

Then what happens is they tell Transworld thanks but no thanks and then what do you have ... NOTHING a show that is even WORSE!

Here is the other possibilty... Transworld goes to Rubies and works all this mess out with them and Rubies comes back and then you are back to one big show.

One or the other will happen but if Rubies tells Transworld to take a hike then Houston will be the ONLY SHOW NEXT YEAR MY FRIEND!

And we can ALL be thankfull that the haunt industry isn't caught in the middle and has their OWN show in a DIFFERENT CITY!

This will get messy really messy!

We are gone and will stay gone!

TYLER,

I will not go either. I'm done with retail shows. I will only attend a HAUNT ONLY SHOW! It took to much to get our own show and our show will be a successful one we can't go back now. We have our own futures to think about not retail show. I will not go back to Chicago ever again for a retail show... haunt show only or nothing.

Larry
                          Larry Kirchner
                          President

Comment

AAAAUUUUGGHHHH! those of you that are bitching about Chicago, I keep going back and thinking about how busy the convention was there. Larry, you think Vegas was so freaking great in 2008? Maybe but that was 2008, this is 2009, and obviously Vegas was like a fart in the wind. Houston this year sucked according to posts on this board. Also, yeah, the weather in Chicago can be rough in January or even early Feb. If TW moves the convention to late March like this year, the weather in Chicago and St Louis is almost EXACTLY the same. My prediction, TW and Rubies will both understand they screwed up, they will come to terms and realize that they had a good thing going in Chicago and they will be back there with BOTH shows in 2010. I predicted this two years ago, and it will happen.
                            www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

So, allow me to make an analogy...I so love making analogies.
                              It’s like Rubies and all the other retail vendors are our older brother. The older brother finally had enough of mom and dad (Transworld) telling them what to do, so they have moved out of mom and dads basement. This is good news for the haunt industry, the younger brother, cause now we get to have the basement all to ourselves. We can hang our favorite posters on the wall, and dance around in our underwear to AC/DC. The only drawbacks are that we have to still pay mom and dad rent, and well…it is still living in your parents basement. Oh well, crank up the stereo and slip on the Fruit of the Looms cause it is time to dance….just not too loud.
                              sigpic
                              Louis Brown
                              Owner, operator, and dish washer
                              at
                              DarkWood Manor

Comment

Working...
                              X