No announcement yet.

With 26 Days to go...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK EVERYONE lets break the shows down, we have MHC, EHC, HAUNTCON, IRONSTOCK,HORRORHOUND,TRANSWORLD VEGAS, TRANSWORLD ST.LOUIS,IAAPA,TEXAS SHOW, help me out here people i am sure there are many more!!!!! To me when you have to many choices you end up saying screw it and just go to a show you are familiar with.

Jason Blaszczak
    http://screamlinestudios.com

P.S Am i wrong??? i really hope so
    Last edited by screamline studios; 03-02-2009, 11:50 PM.

Comment

As a business person, doesn't what TW is doing make a lot of sense? Split the shows up and then bet that many of the vedors will be forced to buy a booth at BOTH shows. To me, as someone that owns a retail costume store and a haunt, it sucks because now I am forced to go to both shows compared to when it was at one location...
      www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

Jason.....

For what its worth, I spend 95% of my budget for shows (not my total budget) at Transworld and this year it will be at the Haunt Show in St Louis. I have nothing against the other shows, its just where I spend my money.

Wayne
        www.trailofterror.com

Comment

xxxdirk,

You hit it right on the head, the only people that benifit is TRANSWORLD they are trying to force the retail and haunts to seperate but in some kind of twisted way still meet in the end. However what they overlooked is this moment in time where most people are broke!!! BIG PROBLEM i would say.

Jason

Comment

Wayne,

I wish you the best bro, I am sure you will find some good goods by great vendors. My take is this! most buyers wait a year or two before they buy from a new vendor so why would it be different for a vendor(new show)??? to wait for the buyers to stablize..

Jason
            Last edited by screamline studios; 03-02-2009, 11:39 PM.

Comment

Jason,

Screamline Studios should be at this show. I understand you have real jobs, and work like 24/7 and I feel for you I've been there. When I got started in this business I had 2 or 3 real jobs myself. I know how hard it is but without those sacrfices you make on a daily basis we both know you can't accomplish what you want to accomplish.

I'm sure you'd love nothing more than to wake up and do Screamline Studios every single day. I know the feeling and you will get there because of your dedication.

However let me tell you with anything you must market your business, be it through industry magazines, tradeshows, web banner ads, mass emails, directy mailing, promoting products on message boards, or all of the above. If you don't do these things you won't move out of the office chair and into your studio full time. On top of creating a great product you must market a great product.

When we rank out the best forms of marketing your products it does start with the best tradeshow options and clearly Transworld's show is the best option because they have the most buyer support, and because they are spending the most money to bring in qualified buyers.

That is not to say that you should go to other shows, or do other forms of marketing just you have to put your money into the pot with the pot odds or the highest. This is that time.

Now its easy for you or anyone else to sit here and say that oh Transworld benefits the most. WHO CARES? Do you think anyone does something for no benefit no profit? Tell that to your bank who wants you to pay your car payment, or your home loan. If you borrow $150k on your house over 30 years you pay it back four times. Does that sound fair? Who benefits?

Both of you... you got a house, they made money from you owning your house. Nothing in this world works unless all parties benefit that is just how it goes.

If Transworld does their job correctly then you benefit from the buyers they pull to the table... yes?

Its all cost vs. return. If you spend XYZ and get back XYZ more then you benefited. Yes? If they made a profit from you for your attendance they benefited. That is how our world works in a free economy.

If you want to move to China things are a bit different... do you really want to live in China? I have been there and trust me you do NOT want to move to China, must less North Korea. LOL

Everyone must benefit Jason or this doesn't happen in the first place.

Larry
              Larry Kirchner
              President
              www.HalloweenProductions.com
              www.BlacklightAttractions.com
              www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
              www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Larry,

I here you on the tradeshows, just a little up ended on my side...

Jason

Comment

Jason,

As for the tradeshows I hear you...when you can't do it you can't do it. But its also times like these that you go for it, you borrow money and make you it happen. Jason its tough now and that is when the tough get going. Get your butt up there and show us all your great products because everyone knows you have great products. I do hope you find a way to come you are needed at the show without a doubt!!!

Larry
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President

Comment

Thank you for the kind words Larry.

Jason

Comment

No problem Jason.

BTW... this topic was intended to discuss the final countdown to the show and nothing else. Lets get back on topic of talking about something that is going to be very important part of your 2009 Halloween season.

I'm going out of town for two day so I won't be around much. Going to Wisconsin Dells... we are finishing two blacklight mini golf attractions and we'll be installing a massive haunted house there as well.

This is a whole other subject but I called Leonard and told him at Hauntcon they could probably tour this haunt we're building up in the Dells... hopefully everyone who goes to Hauntcon can check it out.

Anyway hoping Transworld 2009 Haunt show is a major success for everyone.

Larry
                      Larry Kirchner
                      President

Comment

Hmmm

Kevin.....thank you!
                        We are putting our best foot forward and I hope you will all like them.
                        I know there will be alot to chose from at the show.....

Larry......I hear you!
                        I just know that when we roll the dice....we are rolling it by ourselves.
                        There is no one to fall back on....only our work.
                        I do hope it is enough.

Doom and Gloom is certainly always going to be here

I and not doom and gloom....just grounded
                        Things in real life have a way of chipping away at you.....the hide isn't thick enough sometimes.
                        Gee could it get any better than this?

Comment

Working...
                        X