Hauntworld Magazine 21 News and Info... MUST READ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks,
    I just got the magazine yesterday and it looks awesome. I was building coffins all day for a new coffin maze so I haven't got to read the whole thing yet but I can't wait to read the NetherWorld articles.

For carving the pumpkins I simply let the Great Stuff dry completely, it's really rough and lumpy at that point. Then to shape it I use a wood rasp. It works great on the foam, you end up with a big pile of foam dust at the end. It acts like a sander and smooths down the foam and it ends up looking like a very natural pumpkin because of the irregularities. Then the liquid nails gives it the texture of a real pumpkin.

I think BrainStorm did a great job laying out the article and bringing it to life.

Keep up the good work can't wait to read this one and #21 in a few weeks.

Eric
    www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Eric

I too enjoyed your article! Look forward to seeing you at TW. Bens was also another great one! Thanks guys. Shane and its just Shane. This time!
      sigpic

Comment

I really enjoyed this issue. Eric has me so inspired I've been out looking for a telephone pole but they all have these stupid wires attached. The search goes on, Mike
        Mike Bizub

Ghouls Gulch www.GHOULSGULCH.com

Comment

I STILL haven't recieved mine... LARRY!!!!!!!!!!! -Tyler
          Chris Riehl
          Sales@spookyfinder.com
          (586)209-6935
          www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Anyone who didn't get issue 20 by now you probably aren't going to see it ... all the magazines got mailed over 10 days ago. If you think you are still owed issues then email your name, address, phone number with information about when you think you subscribed, whatever you can provide.

email me darkrides@sbcglobal.net

If you think your subscription ran out just go to www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com and resubscribe we'll send out the issue straight away.

Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President
            www.HalloweenProductions.com
            www.BlacklightAttractions.com
            www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
            www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Larry,

I sent you an email. -Tyler
              Chris Riehl
              Sales@spookyfinder.com
              (586)209-6935
              www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Hauntworld #20

Great job on Hauntworld #20.

It was good to see some really awesome haunts featured and high 5 to Eric on the kick a$$ Haunted Overload artical. I always learn something useful from articals about Netherworld and the part of the artical about washing costumes and masks every night and not having "piles of costumes" on the floor at the end of the night (which has totally been our MO over the years) has inspired us to look into installing washer and dryers into our new facility and creating a more elaborate control system for our costuming dept. Thanks Ben.

Larry its good to hear Fright Kingdom is "in your radar" for possibly being featured in a future artical, fyi we are currently in the middle of moving our show from our current 20,000 sq. ft. space into our new space (in the same building) that is over 50,000 sq. ft. that includes a full caffateria, huge mens and womans dressing rooms, more bathrooms with showers, drive in loading dock, more customer parking, seperate staff parking lot and entrance, first aid room, several offices and lots lots more. We are taking pics and HD video every step of the way to document our expansion. The plan is to add another all new haunt and a new horror museum and that still leaves us enough space to expand with 2 or 3 more haunts in future seasons. We are super excited!

Tim Dunne
                www.FRIGHTKINGDOM.com
                Proud Member of HHA
                Tim Dunne
                www.FrightKingdom.com
                Proud Member of the HHA
                www.HHAssociation.com

Comment

That is extremely exciting Tim! I've got to get over there and see this place. 50,000 sq feet is insane! That's going to make one interesting article for Larry to write. Can't wait to see all those vintage masks.

Why don't you submit an article on all your rare collectable masks? I think HauntWorld readers would like to know more about that subject and how you plan to use them to create a mega monster museum from hell. I think most of us were fascinated by cool looking masks as kids but you have taken it to the extreme!

Eric
                  www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
                    Okay folks by now most of you if not all of you should have seen your new Hauntworld Magazine #20. I can't wait to hear the comments and feedback. It was a lot of work let me tell you.
                    Haven't received mine yet, but I'm anxiously awaiting it!
                    Last edited by DarkTikiEntertainment; 03-10-2009, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Me either Tiki! -Tyler
                      Chris Riehl
                      Sales@spookyfinder.com
                      (586)209-6935
                      www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Working...
                      X