Media Kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Media Kits

I was wondering if anyone had some expertise in doing media kits?

1. What all should it include
    2. Who all should i send it to
    3. Eye catchers that ensure they look at and use the kit
    4. Etc......
    The gods cast the very worst mortal sinners and immortal enemies into TARTARUS for endless punishment, torment and suffering!!!

Wow finally someone actually talking about somethign related to a haunted house... LOL

Let me take a crack.

1) Keep the brief because you want peopel to read them.

2) Mention how big Halloween is, mention about how great you haunt is, the media coverage you got the year before, the money you spent on marketing.

3) Outline the things you will offer the sponsor and don't list prices perse get them interested first then try to land the deals.

4) Contact info.

5) Make sure you update your website prior to sending out anything because they will visit your site.

6) Make sure you offer free tickets with every package same value in tickets to the money you want them to invest.

7) Your logo, a few photos, some cool images...impression is everything.

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Larry,

It sounds like your media kit is more geared for sponsors than media.

I thought a media kit was something you send to the local TV, Radio, and Newspaper in hopes they do a feature on your haunt.

Do yo use the same format for both, or do you have a seperate kit for actual media?

Comment

Ahhh I thought he was talking about a sponsorship kit...

Media kit we don't typically send them out, we hire a PR firm to call the media and pitch stories. The media can be lazy so you really need to hand deliver them stories and tha is exactly what our PR firm does.

In the past we sent the media free copies of Halloween, or Friday the 13th, or a severed hand with a note about the haunt inside.

One year we sent a pair of underwear called the 'Spare Pair' just in case! LOL

But if we prepare a media kit this year it would include a DVD with high rez photos, video of the attraction, and a brief description of the highlight of the attraction and story angles.

Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President
        www.HalloweenProductions.com
        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

When you hire a PR firm do you generally pay a flat fee or is based upon the type of exposure they land you, news stories, articles, etc?
          Jared Layman

Comment

keep this thread going im really interested in the sponsorship side of it that larry started to talk about.

Would you really give them the same in tickets as they would invest?
            Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Comment

I won't go into deep detail but the haunt i worked for last year hired a PR lady and she booked us so solid we didn't get any sleep during october! Very early mornings with the news crews and radio personalitys.

I know i was on the news at least 5 times last year,and radio once and i missed a few mornings due to oversleeping. Week 3 was Grueling as hell! Not sure what we paid her but she was dam good at getting us seen!

Comment

hmmm.
                thats interesting.
                Totally going to look into that.
                What is there official title?
                Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Comment

Seems like that would be an awful lot of tickets for people who are requesting large sponsorships!

Sarah

(referring to Undertaker's question)
                  Sarah Meier
                  Haunting Copy Copywriting Services
                  "Words they remember you by"

Comment

Originally posted by Haunting Copy View Post
                    Seems like that would be an awful lot of tickets for people who are requesting large sponsorships!

If you can't take care of your sponsors/clients, you won't have any! Sponsorships are a partnership... if they are writing you a check (no matter how large or small) you have to make them feel like they are apart of the process. Inviting them out to experience your haunt at no charge goes along way!

Blood Lake Haunted House & Haunts of Richmond Ghost Tours
                    www.bloodlakeva.com www.hauntsofrichmond.com
                    Located in Richmond, VA

Comment

Hi Sarah
                      You need to think of your tickets as free money.

Lets say you need pizza to feed your crew or you need paint
                      for your haunt. You can pay for it out of your pocket :-(
                      and hope to sell enough tickets to cover the cost.

Or you can go to the Pizza place and tell them you
                      will trade them $100 of tickets for $100 pizza than
                      go to the paint store and do same. There you go free
                      money.
                      Gary
                      Midnight Evil Productions
                      www.MidnightEvil.com
                      Owner/Operator of www.CoffinCreek.com/
                      www.Twitter.com/CoffinCreek

Comment

Working...
                      X