Speakers & Amplifier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speakers & Amplifier

Gadget at Evilusions, www.Evilusions.com, is working on building a light and sound controller for our new facade. We're looking for a good set of outdoor weather-proof speakers and amplifier to go with the system. Can anyone provide any recommendations? Your assistance is appreciated!

Kel
    sigpic
    Kelly Allen
    Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
    www.RaycliffManor.com
    www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
    www.HauntBook.com

For speakers, I would suggest JBL:

http://www.jbl.com/home/products/ser...=US&Region=USA

This site seems to have alot of cool stuff.. I just don't know if it's legit or not?:

http://www.outdooraudio.com/products.htm

... and this one:

http://www.outdoorspeakerdepot.com/

Hope that helps! -Tyler
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

This is something I know about. I sell speakers part time at best buy and I setup peoples sound systems so please noone try and bash me ONCE AGAIN for something I say i can do. If you have the money and don't penny pinch on the connection cables then nightgore is right go with jbl. But if you can't spend all the money then go with onkyo or polk audio for outdoor speakers. They are really good quality nice constant power output and they can take a beating for the price.
      Its A Verbal Orgy on Steroids!

Comment

Thanks guys! It's always great to have a recommendation from someone who has insights on working with the products! Thanks again!

Kel
        sigpic
        Kelly Allen
        www.RaycliffManor.com
        www.HauntBook.com

Comment

awesome! you guys know your speakers. haha
          ive been a fan of JBL for ever.
          there quite expensive but especially for haunts the quality and durability is amazing.
          the quality is so good, we threw on midnight syndicate and blared that suck and some of the scenes sounded tooo real.
          There awesome.
          we got the control 29av-1 set
          really nice. just need to buy a new amplifier for them to get full power out of them
          Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Comment

speakers

For a lower end brand of speakers, try NXG, believe me these are awsome!!
            Listen to them, Children of the night. Oh what music they make.

Comment

Hi Kel,

Here are some links to the outdoor Speakers we used at Nightmare New England and Terror on the Fox, they sound incredible and are very durable.

http://www.technomad.com/products/noho/

http://www.technomad.com/products/berlin/

Hope this helps.

Take care,

Tattoo
              Mike "Tattoo" Krausert

Senior Project Manager

Thirteenth Floor Entertainment Group

www.thirteenthfloor.com

President - Bad Boys Scenic Design

Comment

"uncle larry" used to use..........

Crate powered speaker /amplifier combos. Small size, individually powered, and kick ass sound. Pretty durable and remember, loud is only beautiful if it's clean !!!! Check with larry to see what he may still be using.... I personally was a cerwin-vega speaker user for 33 years when i owned my dj biz. They never let me down.... Only problem, you have to get the parts from california.... Good luck!!!!! Chuck

Comment

These are the loudest speakers and the best quality speakers in the world! Not a plug. I've experienced them in person. You can literally hear these from a mile away. I have no idea how much they cost though. You'll have to contact them.

http://www.getmad.com/index_products.html
                  Its A Verbal Orgy on Steroids!

Comment

I recognize the MAD logo on the bass bins and towers from last summer

At the judas priest concert..... Ass kicking p.a. To be sure.. Super clean and the bass was incredible..... You're right !!!! Great speaker systems. Chuck

Comment

Are you interested in building your own speakers or want to purchase prebuilt speakers? If you could let me know the budget and your goals I can help you find what is going to work best for your haunt.

Comment

We're actually looking for something that is already built that we can plug and play. I need to get back on that come to think of it! We open two weeks from tonight!

Kel
                        sigpic
                        Kelly Allen
                        www.RaycliffManor.com
                        www.HauntBook.com

Comment

Then make sure you check out Parts Express. You can find almost everything you need there. Plus you can buy at wholesale for the business.

Comment

Thanks again to everyone for all your insights and suggestions! I've passed the research torch to Lee on this and I've given him all your input. We woke up to snow today so it looks like a good day to catch up on computer work!

Kel
                            sigpic
                            Kelly Allen
                            www.RaycliffManor.com
                            www.HauntBook.com

Comment

My 2 cents...if you're looking for high power and reliability, JBL for speakers and QSC for amplification are a great way to go. Some people aren't too fond of JBL but I think they've got great bang for the buck. The QSC RMX series is a great deal for the money, and these things are built like tanks. They're power hogs, but can really crank out the power without weakness...especially for subs. Beware that a lot of cheap outdoor speakers don't sound too good.
                              -Rob

Audio Guru
                              Lighting Designer

Comment

Working...
                              X