Transworld Seminars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transworld Seminars

I was starting this thead to see if we could get several of the speakers to talk about the topics they're speaking on. I'd like to know myself ... people need info so they can reserve seminars before the show.

I think many of them sell out...

So who's doing a seminar and tell us what your seminar is going to entail!

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Anyone? I'm interested in learning more about the seminars myself.

Kel
    sigpic
    Kelly Allen
    Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
    www.RaycliffManor.com
    www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
    www.HauntBook.com

Comment

T.J Mannarino from Universal Studios is doing one on Sketch -Up, a program they use to design all of Horror Nights. It sounds like a CAD program but it lets you do 3D walkthroughs. The other cool thing is that there are tons of free objects you can download, like barrels and coffins, etc. So basically you can render your event from above then actually WALK through it! He is going to bring all of the layouts from Horror Nights - some cool stuff! Apparently the program is very cheap or even free to download in some cases.

Any of you use Sketch -Up?

Thanks!
      Ben Armstrong
      NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
      www.Fearworld.com
      www.NetherworldNetwork.com

Comment

Universal Horror Nights

We do use CAD and have been for years I have also seen Sketch Up...It is a pretty cool...

Comment

Ah, now you see I thought that Mr. Mannarinos seminar was on a 3d haunted attractions, I'm glad you cleared that up.
          Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

I can't wait to take the Horror Nights seminar... we're getting into 3D modeling of our haunts... I've attached a recent shot of one of our attractions, rendered out in 3D! It helps us visualize the haunts before we lift a hammer... and it HELPS!!!! -Tyler
            Attached Files
            Chris Riehl
            Sales@spookyfinder.com
            (586)209-6935
            www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

What program do you use to do this?
              www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

Here's Sketch Up to "play" with...

http://sketchup.google.com/download/

Rich
                R&J Productions
                Las Vegas, NV
                www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

Tyler,

That looks cool yeah I'd like to know what you are using as well. However I was going to say your maze looks like well a maze...doesn't look like there is much room for scenes there. What kind of haunt is that going to be? What you did looks 110% awesomeness!

Larry
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President
                  www.HalloweenProductions.com
                  www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                  www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                  www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Thanks guys... to answer some questions.. We're usin a program called "3D Studio Max" (Autodesk); it's commonly called 3Ds max! This attraction is actually our pitch black attraction called "The Abyss"... so scenes are not part of this attraction; it's just a single walking path... pitch black!

Here's a new video of the newly rendered attraction:

Simple render, but it really kinda shows off the attraction! The first half of the video shows off the wood textures, the second half is black to show the maze layout!

-Tyler
                    Chris Riehl
                    Sales@spookyfinder.com
                    (586)209-6935
                    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

So here is another one...

This guy does a haunt a Chrismas event AND a Ren Fair...
                      If I had an outdoor event the idea of multitasking my property would be always in my mind. I can totally see how you could blend haunt and ren fair to work the property all year long.

If you have ever been to one of these Ren Faire events you can see the commerce in the food and vendor sales - people stay all day long - The per caps must be huge! So much of the theming works for both events.. and unlike Christmas and Haunt it is a DAY time event - The entire property would have a different feel with minimal work...

It struck me as something that hasn't been explored in a seminar yet...

Saturday March 28th 10AM-11AM
                      1) Making Money Year Round! - How one haunt added a major Renaissance Festival and a Christmas event to keep revenues flowing!
                      Don Losole - THE MIDWEST RENAISSANCE FESTIVAL & SCARY ACRES -
                      www.midwestrenfest.com & www.scaryacres.com
                      Attend this must see seminar and learn how Don Losole of Scary Acres in Omaha, Nebraska created a major event, The Midwest Renaissance Festival, from the ground up AND added a Christmas event to keep his business thriving all year long. Discover how your current infrastructure and marketing skills can bring new events online, building on your existing haunted attraction’s success!
                      Ben Armstrong
                      NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
                      www.Fearworld.com
                      www.NetherworldNetwork.com

Comment

Anyone else want to talk about their Transworld seminars?

I'll be talking about images and video, specifically how to develop a complete branding package that will enable you to develop stronger marketing materials across just about every form of media: print, tv, and the web.

It doesn't matter if you have 100's or thousands of dollars to spend, I think that developing a solid visual base and graphics package is more crucial than ever.

Anyway, I know that we're planning to attend some of the seminars and I'd love to hear more from my fellow speakers.
                        Scott Simmons
                        The ScareHouse / Undead Productions Inc.

http://www.scarehouse.com
                        http://youtube.com/thescarehouse

Comment

Ben,
                          While the topic is a good one, Im a little worried that his Ren faire was only started last year, that dose not make him an expert. There are major differences between the two businesses, The haunt park Im director of started as a Ren fest and then added a haunt, They have had the Faire for 27 years and the halloween park for 13 ( I was added to official staff last season). I do not think one Faire season under your belt is enough that you should be giving seminars on it. While the per caps are decent, the overhead is tremendous.
                          Just my thoughts,
                          Allen H
                          www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
                          http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Working...
                          X