No announcement yet.

Quick question to all haunters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know this is awful of me, but I couldn't help but find this funny. The attached picture is a reply posted to a thread I mind on my city's forum. Please note that I added marking to show you what I found funny. Also, the "do it do it do it do itttttttttt" is a different post.
    Attached Files
    ~Jon-Kyle Bailey
    Campbellsville, KY

Comment

"hhmm?"

We make a list , two columns "Godly-Ungodly"
      when we get done we don't do anything ungodly, infact we might as well just round those people up and lock them away.
      Doing what may just be godly we would be..........? Sitting on a mountaintop meditating trying to get those thoughts of starving to death out of our minds since work is ungodly, work like planting a garden ripping up God's earth destroying how he made it.
      Then we succumb, die and complete God's plan.
      All done.
      Life can be so simple, can't it?
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

XD
        In all honesty, this person can whine all they want. Heck, I'd be happy if she (or he) rounded up their friend and had a rally. It would get put in the newspaper, and then give me free advertising.
        I respect the fact that they think they're saving me from Hell or whatever, but at the same time, it is really shallow calling haunts demonic and "ungodly".
        ~Jon-Kyle Bailey
        Campbellsville, KY

Comment

I may be a little late on this topic. But my family doesnt acknowledge my existence anymore. But this is because they are devout catholics and what im doing is right up there with all out blasphemy. But yeah only my siblings speak to me anymore. From the family anyway.

Comment

that bites

dang that really bites giggles. Not even your family talks to you. I think its dumb that people are like "blah blah blah that is sacrilegious, worshiping the devil, BAD!!!" So many haunts give a lot of money to charity so how could you possibly say that this is a bad industry. People are so dumb and don't look at all the facts.
            Mr. Horror
            The Eighth Floor of Hell

Comment

Yeah it does kinda bite. But i dont care because i got to scare a church group! I was expecting a brick through my window with a cross tied to it from my dear old Aunt Debby!

Comment

I would hate it if everyone turned their backs on me like that. Oddly enough, my mom is starting to accept the fact that I'm going to be involved in haunts and there's no way around it. So......she's actually starting to open up and support me about it more. There's no financial support yet, but words of encouragement are good enough for me right now.

My dad really doesn't care either way if I do the haunt or not. He's just a mello laid back person. He doesn't give support (or I haven't noticed it), but he doesn't criticize me over it either.
                ~Jon-Kyle Bailey
                Campbellsville, KY

Comment

thats the other things

That is another thought. So many church groups go to haunted house that "worship the devil", or so they call it.

And I think that might be a little hypocritical of your aunt, haha and isn't that the 11th commandment "thou shall not be hypocritical" which is right before the 12th commandment "thou shall not go to haunted houses that worship the devil".
                  Mr. Horror
                  The Eighth Floor of Hell

Comment

Fun, but sometimes its good to be ciriticized. I know my family turning their backs on me encouraged me to excell at this, even if it was to spite them

Comment

13th

and that is the unlucky number 13th commandment "Thou shall not do things in spite of others"

haha just playing giggles. <---That sounds really gay
                      Mr. Horror
                      The Eighth Floor of Hell

Comment

It is interesting where us--as humans--get our inspiration. I get inspiration for my haunt from here (HW) and by looking at quotes about fear. I have a god collection of them (the quotes).
                        Last edited by tchaunt; 02-18-2009, 04:39 PM.
                        ~Jon-Kyle Bailey
                        Campbellsville, KY

Comment

Yeah, this site is probably the greatest gathering of haunt information, or thats my opinion anyway. Haunt experience, and what nots.

Comment

I can easily spend all day on here. Well, that is until I can find a place to set up a haunt in. As soon as I find a place, I will almost never be at my house. I'll spend time there for fun even.
                            ~Jon-Kyle Bailey
                            Campbellsville, KY

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Warfield View Post
                              Since all my life people were already telling me how different, strange, wierd I was as I drew little pictures of ant armys attacking one another in 2nd grade (none of the other kids had enough calmness to sit and draw all those ants)
                              Not to 1-up you, but in 3rd grade I was finding red ant and black ants, collecting a bunch- and putting them in the fridge.
                              Then once they were still cold and hadn't warmed up again- I would line them up facing each other in phalanx formation...the waiting for them to warm up and the attack to begin.
                              It might have something to do with having just saw Spartacus for the first times...
                              Join The Collective

Comment

I've been doing a very small non profit haunt since 1993. The fundamentalists in town used to give me a hard time. They sent letters to the editor and so on. Last year some of the teachers sent emails to their district listserve saying that we were soo out of line that no one under age 15 should be allowed to get in.

I clipped the news articles and used them in flyers. I forwarded the emails to the listservs and email lists of the teens that my daughter-in-law tapped into.

Free advertising.

Comment

Working...
                                X