Behind the scenes tour updates/darkness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behind the scenes tour updates/darkness

Okay folks I'm going to offer updates on the Behind the Scenes tour because this event is going to sell out.

We have only been selling the tickets for about 18 hours and we've already sold 89 tickets to the behind the scenes tour. This will sell out fast. Its POSSIBLE I could add more to this event but first we have to see how many tables we can fit into our new open room space.

We are going to figure this out on Monday. We will supply tables and chairs for people to sit down and eat. Once I know how many people we can seat we'll adjust the number up or down.

We might also try and seat people up in the museum space as well if that is possible. This is the event that has had the MOST interest.

Here is the agenda:

1) Dinner at 7pm sharp with drinks

2) We will start letting people into the attraction at 8pm

3) You will have over or around one hour to walk around and through the entire attraction. I will have my whole staff onsite to answer any questions about say the moving swamp house scene, the dropping floor effect (something we are building now), to answering detail questions, theming questions, whatever.

4) During dinner I will have one of my detailers show you how to make gory dinner settings... He will talk during dinner and show you how this is done as seen on Modern Marvels but a lot more detail. This will start at 7:15pm and once he's done everyone can get a close up look of the table.

5) Larry Kirchner will speak to everyone and try to answer any questions directly at 7pm.

6) We will keep the room open down stairs for people to hang out and chat until 10pm.

HERE IS THE DETAILS OF EXACTLY how you will see things and what you can do...

1) You can take photos

2) The Darkness will have all show lights ON, but also will have overhead lights on as well. It will be semi dark semi light. All animations will be ON!
    All sound will be ON! There will be NO FOG! On Saturday there will be FOG for the live actor tour.

3) There will be a gift store but we don't know if this will be complete by the time this tour rolls around same goes for the museum and terror visions. However our goal is to get them all done in some form. If we get the gift store open you will be able to buy tshirts and other things.

This tour is sponsored by: Interactive Ticketing, Rogues Hollow, Brainstorm Studios, Hauntworld Magazine and Haunted House Association in addition to Transworld Exhibits.

NOTE: I WILL UPDATE YOU ALL AS THE TICKETS COME CLOSER AND CLOSER TO BEING SOLD OUT. BUY THEM NOW. I think this will be sold out by this time next week.
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

I bought mine. I am BEYOND excited!! Thanks Larry.

Comment

Awesome, we CANNOT wait for this tour! hahahaha.... thanks for the update! I'm glad John is going to show us how to do that table, so excited! -Tyler
      Chris Riehl
      Sales@spookyfinder.com
      (586)209-6935
      www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Dang it. I would love to come to this. But of course, I'm too young to travel by myself (in my mom's eyes). Well, I hope it all turns out to be as great of a success as it sounds like it will!
        ~Jon-Kyle Bailey
        Campbellsville, KY

Comment

Tell your mom to come with you... how old are you?

UPDATE: there is only 110 tickets left to the lights on tour.

Unless we can figure out how to add more people, this is all that is left.

Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President

Comment

Where do you buy tickets?

Where can i buy the tickets for the tour?
            sigpic
            PEACE, ADAM
            www.poisonprops.com

Comment

go to the web site http://thedarkness.com
              Originally posted by poison View Post
              Where can i buy the tickets for the tour?
              Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
                Tell your mom to come with you... how old are you?

UPDATE: there is only 110 tickets left to the lights on tour.

Unless we can figure out how to add more people, this is all that is left.

Larry
                Bringing her with me is the last thing I'd want to do. XD
                She'd freak out on the Saturday tour. She gets scared way too easily. Actually, she would be a treat for your actors. They could sneeze and she would probably jump.
                ~Jon-Kyle Bailey
                Campbellsville, KY

Comment

Isn't that how all moms are? I mean the only mom that probably doesn't jump at scares is Larry's mom or Warfield's mom. I member one time all I had to do was tell my mom that there was a dead mouse in her bed she squealed and wouldn't go into her room till I cleared it out(of the fake mouse).
                  Its A Verbal Orgy on Steroids!

Comment

Transport

Hey not sure if this has been posted somewhere but is transportation provided? Is it within walking distance of the show? Just grab a cab?

Comment

If I remember right, the Darkness is about two miles away from the Convention Center, so you should probably grab a cab.
                      Happy Haunting,

Adam Drendel
                      Webmaster of http://www.HauntedIllinois.com

Visit us on Facebook for the latest updates! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Haunte...m/225595667213

Comment

I tracked it last week... 1.6 miles from the hotel. Walk and get some exercise! LOL

No seriously it really is that close!

FYI... ONLY 104 tickets remain for the behind the scenes tour. Also Visa/MC/Discover is deactivated as a card until we can get them working again. Hopefully later today those cards will be back working.

Also one more update on this... we found out that the space will only hold about 260 people with round tables and about 300 with straight tables. If we raise the amount of tickets we'll probably serve dinner in two waves, one wave goes into the attraction for lights on while the other eats, and then the next group so on so forth.

Larry
                        Larry Kirchner
                        President

Comment

Shouldn't 250 people enough? Raising the number of tickets sold and rushing people through their meal and tour would suck....Make it exclusive I think....

Darkangel

Comment

I agree, keep it exclusive; however, stuff has to be paid for, and if more want to come, sell more tickets. Instead of rushing, which may or may not happen, maybe extend the time of the entire event, so some may not feel like they were rushed, got screwed, etc..., you know someone will complain about something!! LOL!!

Comment

If there's going to be "shifts" for the tour/dinners... when will there be the demo on the gore/dinner table detailing? Just wondering! -Tyler
                              Chris Riehl
                              Sales@spookyfinder.com
                              (586)209-6935
                              www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Working...
                              X