Looking for a Chinese contact...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a Chinese contact...

Hey, I know there are several vendors out there that have products mass produced over seas. I have been in contact with a few Chinese manufacturers, but was wondering if any of my fellow vendors out there used a company that they would like to vouch for. I'm looking to have a couple latex props made by whomever I choose to go with so if anyone has had good experience with a particular company please let me know. Thanks.
    Kip Polley
    www.palenight.com

Pale Night Productions
    We Engineer Fear

Kip Polley, dont do it china will rip you off, i would try mexico!!!!

Jason Blaszczak

http://screamlinestudios.com

Comment

I only buy American! -Tyler
      Chris Riehl
      Sales@spookyfinder.com
      (586)209-6935
      www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Tyler

Originally posted by Nightgore View Post
        I only buy American! -Tyler
        I agree, I hope Kip can find other cost saving measures, instead of shipping his product overseas.

Comment

I finally had some time to check out some of the Halloween decorations and costumes in the local discount stores. They have a lot of cool new stuff out this year, including an item similar to one that caused a fuss on some forums a few months back when one seller thought someone had stolen his idea. It's all made in China, and I have a strong suspicion that they didn't come up with the ideas over there.

If you make something, plan on it being stolen, made in China, and sold much cheaper. The only real advantage you have is time to make some good sales in the meantime.

Don't believe me? Do a search for the latest Chinese military vehicle. It's a reverse engineered Humvee, the quintessential American vehicle.

Comment

shawnc

Couldn't it also be that someone contracted the work out to the Chinese, as Kip is hoping to do?

Sarah
            Sarah Meier
            Haunting Copy Copywriting Services
            "Words they remember you by"

Comment

Sarah

Yes, I'm sure most of the stuff is. But once something is on the market or at a show where everyone can see it, it is fair game. And I'm sure hiring someone to manufacture something directly for you will also result in it being added to their own lineup for export to anyone.

While looking for some things for other businesses I frequently come across sites of Chinese manufacturers and distributors, and I am absolutely amazed at the things they are coming up with (and how cheap they are making things). When they are able to bring the quality up to acceptable standards, they are really going to be a world powerhouse. That's why I try to buy as little from China as I can - to delay the inevitable for a while.

Kip, sorry, I don't have a direct contact.

Comment

Working...
              X