Makeup Help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Makeup Help?

Anybody know of a good website, video or advice on special effects makeup.
    We need to do makeup cause im sick of looking so generic with the rubber masks and stuff (boooo)
    so who can help me out in the field of makeup?
    Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Makeup help

There are several DVD's out there that really help you out! Not to toot my own horn, but I have done 2 DVD's that teach grease andd some latex for beginners. I try to make it easy to follow and still get great results. you can check them out at www.Evilusions.com. Tell them katie sent you. And it htere's any help that I can give, message me anytime!
    Do Vegan Zombies eat heads of lettuce?

Comment

I thought the DVD from BodyBagging was really good as something beginners could use. As is the older makeup DVD from Screamline. The new one is great, but maybe not the first makeup DVD you want. You could also pickup the two WolfeBrotehrs Step-By-Step books for haunted house style face painting.

The best single haunted house type makeup advice for people not really wanting to learn makeup I have every read came out of Paul Osborne's Haunted Illusions 1. I don't want to rewrite the page of instructions but it basically comes down to using a simple sloppy black and white sinister face your actors can do. Don't get fancy, just make it work in the near dark. While its not high quality pro work its good advice if you don't want to really get into makeup but want to do it.

I have to be honest and say I don't know of any good haunt groups, sites, or message boards for haunted house style makeup. Though, if you spend some time on youtube you can find hundreds of makeup examples ranging from pro shots to some guy doing a zombie with Wal-Mart makeup. Some of these are actually really good step-by-step works.

As for Haunted House makeup itself is a kind of a weird blend of quality and crap and knowing when to do what. Well, I guess that or having a few dedicated people or the cash to buy pro work of some kind.
      Last edited by dr0zombie; 10-09-2008, 11:31 PM.
      http://www.innerfears.com/
      http://www.innerfearshauntedhouse.com

Comment

Zombie - you hit the nail on the head with haunt makeup being a combo of quality and crap. I laughed outloud!! LOL
        Do Vegan Zombies eat heads of lettuce?

Comment

Working...
        X