Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trick or Treating? or Staying Home to Hand out Candy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trick or Treating? or Staying Home to Hand out Candy?

Every year we have a Dilemma. Go trick or treating with our son or stay home to hand out candy? We decorate our house every year and people expect you to be home to hand out candy if your house is decorated.
    What should we Do???
    The Holiday Projector Guy
    Halloween Projectors (<--- Click Link)
    THE Source for high quality Holiday and Party Projectors

I'd go with trick or treating with him. One can hand out candy on any given Halloween, but it's only a matter of time before your son thinks he's too old to go trick or treating and stops doing it entirely.

But that's just my opinion.
    Last edited by Smiley; 10-09-2008, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Take the time to go trick-or-treating with your son. That's one of those decisions you never regret.

Is there someone who can take over handing out candy? A relative or friend?

Sarah
      Sarah Meier
      Haunting Copy Copywriting Services
      "Words they remember you by"

Comment

Two nights to trick or treat

In the town I have lived for 22 years, they have two nights for Trick or Treating. Most of the surrounding littel towns have changed to one night except my city.

It sounds like the best of both worlds, but the kids have to go pretty far to get a few houses. Not sure how many pass out both nights or just one , but it seems for many homeowners the trick is not to turn on your light and everyone assumes you are treating on the other night. Not that I think people have to do anything, but the poor kids walk pretty far in between houses sometimes.

I always follow my kids. It is a family tradition. I went with my two older kids and now with my three younger ones. Just the right thing to do. Nice small town with friendly people.

And they think it is cool that if they want any mask or make up from the haunt, they can use it. My make up guy will even put it on them if that is what they want.

The two nights allow us to go out one night and pass candy out the other night. Personally I would rather have just one night.
        Brett Molitor (aka ~ JamBam) Member of HAA

Haunted Hotel-13th Floor (est by Huntington Jaycees in 1968 8) )
        Longest running Haunted House in the WORLD!!

Hysterium Haunted Asylum (old Haunted Cave), Fort Wayne Indiana

Hysterium Escapes - 4 rooms with 3 themes

www.HauntedHuntington.com

www.facebook.com/hauntedhotel

www.Hysterium.com

www.facebook.com/HysteriumFtWayne

www.hysteriumescapes.com

www.facebook.com/hysteriumescapes

sigpic

Comment

Here's another option. One of you take him out, and the other passes out candy. Halfway through the night, switch off if you want to. (We only go down our street and a little around the corner. The kids are eager to get back home and scare all the neighbors. LOL!)

I guess it depends on his age.
          ~"Who died and made you f*cking king of the zombies?"

~"Bill, get your own funeral. Timmy and I are going zombie."

Comment

Working...
          X