Inexpensive Mp3 Player/amp for a prop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inexpensive Mp3 Player/amp for a prop

OK Haunt people!! I'm looking for an inexpensive Mp3 (or WAV) player/ amplifier for a couple props. I don't want to use any of my BooTunes or Gilderfluke units. I want to bring life to a bunch of existing props, old radios, phonograph, two-way radios, other equipment with an inexpensive player/amplifier so the prop is self contained. It doesn't have to be triggered as long as it will just loop the audio. I have several units sold by various vendors over the years, problem is I've forgotten how to even load the files on most of them!! I also don't want to spend $200 a piece just to add a little ambiance to the different sets!! Also don't want to have to wire all over hell and creation to a central player or computer. Just want a smal self contained unit I can install in the actual prop, move it anywhere and just plug it in!!

I found units like the photos I posted at an auction really cheap. One worked, one was supposed to be broken (power supply connector wasn't pushed on to the audio board!). Would be cool to have them
    playing sound by themselves.

What have you guys been using lately?? Hate to one route and then find someone else has the perfect solution!!
    Just post any options here, I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants an old radio playing by itself!!!

Thanks

Rich
    R&J Productions
    Las Vegas, NV
    www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Originally posted by RJ Productions View Post
    OK Haunt people!! I'm looking for an inexpensive Mp3 (or WAV) player/ amplifier for a couple props. I don't want to use any of my BooTunes or Gilderfluke units. I want to bring life to a bunch of existing props, old radios, phonograph, two-way radios, other equipment with an inexpensive player/amplifier so the prop is self contained. It doesn't have to be triggered as long as it will just loop the audio. I have several units sold by various vendors over the years, problem is I've forgotten how to even load the files on most of them!! I also don't want to spend $200 a piece just to add a little ambiance to the different sets!! Also don't want to have to wire all over hell and creation to a central player or computer. Just want a smal self contained unit I can install in the actual prop, move it anywhere and just plug it in!!

I found units like the photos I posted at an auction really cheap. One worked, one was supposed to be broken (power supply connector wasn't pushed on to the audio board!). Would be cool to have them
    playing sound by themselves.

What have you guys been using lately?? Hate to one route and then find someone else has the perfect solution!!
    Just post any options here, I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants an old radio playing by itself!!!

Thanks

Rich
    You could look into Lepy audio players. I know a few haunts that have used them with good success!
    Zach Wiechmann
    www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

Working...
    X