No announcement yet.

Another Big Halloween Event CANCELS - List of Cancelled Events

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I would expect Knott's and Six Flags to announce the same thing next week.

Here is my article about it

https://www.hauntworld.com/hauntworl...s-cancels-2020
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Freakling Bros Horror Shows in Las Vegas, Nevada is closing for 2020

Comment

We're waiting to see what the schools do. If they are open, we'll be open-- because they not only provide the customers, but we're 99% safer than they are, and here's why:

They touch nothing when they come to the haunt this year. All the inflating tunnels are turned off, they walk through the helevator, no gunny sack hallway, no black curtains to brush up against, and everyone (customer and actor) wears a mask. Also, they go in micro-groups that they arrived in. If they are just two customers, then they can go with another small group but at the 6 foot social distance. Our ceilings are 40 feet, so lots of fresh air. And none of the actors will touch them. So obviously, this is much better than a school setting where they are in smaller room sitting at a desk that may or may not have been cleaned.

Actor wise, they'll have their own make up and mask, and no costume room gatherings (they arrive ready). And they social distance from the customers.

On the plus side, it will be very intimate and lonely inside this year, which makes it MUCH scarier. So they lose a few traditional frights, but they sure make up for it in the terror dept.

It sounds like there will be a vaccine next year, which could to a long way in saving our bacon. Then again, there may not-- or the virus may routinely mutate so that no vaccine is very effective. We already reduced our numbers by using groups of 8 to 13 instead of a conga line. If we have to go to groups closer to 4 year after year, that could be devastating.

Another issue is the Covid Liability issue. Republicans want to protect businesses from nuisance lawsuits by adding protections against Covid lawsuits for all business except those that are reckless, but the Democrats (who's cater to the trial lawyers) want to keep it easy for business to be sued-- even when they follow all the government CDC recommendations. Trial lawyers are already going after all the big companies where employees have died, saying they got the virus at work (although no one really knows). If they win there, they will go after the same thing on the customer side. You don't have to do the math much to realize how this would kill our industry. Even when you win the case, WE have to pay the expensive lawyer rates, and the customers pay nothing because the Personal Injury lawyers work off a commission for them. So for all but the big corporations, THAT would be the death nail Larry eluded to earlier. So watch the ball on this issue. It's no exaggeration to say it's a matter of life and death for haunts.
        www.TerrorOfTallahassee.com

Comment

We will see you in 2021 all! Too risky for us this year. The covid thing, our local oil based economy, the upcoming election and all that could entail, but most importantly it all boils down to the safety of my actors and guests. Oklahoma recently has seen an uptick in cases and it does not look to be letting up. I don't see how we could pull it off, be effective and be safe. So today I start building my 2021, would've been 13 season, but alas... it shall only be our 12th. Hope all goes really well for those that decide to take the risk and you can tell me.... I told you so some day!
          Kenton
          www.nightmareinthecountry.com

Comment

I'm hearing that most of the haunted houses in Chicago WILL NOT OPEN and neither will most of the haunts in LA or California in general. I'm going to predict right now more than 50% of all haunted houses will NOT open because over 50% of them are charity haunts. Those are going to be the first to call it.

I talked to someone from SIX FLAGS they told me they plan on to open so we'll see!

Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President

Comment

Are there emergency loans available to help haunts that can't open? I feel like there should be

Comment

At this point it doesn't look like ANY CHICAGO haunted houses will open. It doesn't look like ANY HAUNTS will open in California period! I just found out that New York isn't going to allow haunted houses to open ... Headless Horseman told me as of today they're not going to be allowed to open.

https://www.waxahachietx.com/news/20...ls-2020-season

Screams in Dallas said they won't open.

Knotts Scary Farm said they will not open.

I think we're looking at less than 50% of haunts at this point will open.

Larry Kirchner
                President

Comment

At this point so many haunts have been told they can't open, or they've chosen not to open you can't even list them all.

I was told most haunts in New York state won't be allowed to open. I ready that Washington State put out a list of requirements but won't let indoor haunts open. California isn't going to let any or most haunts open I know San Diego already said NO. The list goes on and on.

Most of the haunts in Chicago aren't open including Hells Gate and Prison.

I think honestly we're looking at about 15% of haunts opening.
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President

Comment

Apparently all the Halloweekends are canceled.

https://www.wkyc.com/article/enterta...a-9eab97b5c2b8
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President

Comment

Los Angeles put out some sort of document saying they're not going to allow haunted houses. I heard all of New England is going to not allow haunts. So sad.
                      Larry Kirchner
                      President

Comment

Did anyone see this...

Ohio Health DEPT is suggesting all Ohio Haunted Houses and Hayrides be closed and avoided.

https://www.wfmj.com/story/42652079/...ouses-hayrides
                        Larry Kirchner
                        President

Comment

Working...
                        X