You will not believe this article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You will not believe this article

This one guy might be the single DUMBEST person who claims to be in the haunt industry. You're NOT GOING TO BELIEVE THIS ... the negative PR has already begun against haunted houses. If we allow really dumb people like this guy we're all in trouble.

As an industry we need to formulate an overall plan and everyone stick to it... additionally we only need 1 to 3 people allowed to speak to the media about it. I will offer myself so that is one. We need to get back to forums and discuss this NOT ON FACEBOOK! DO NOT SHARE THESE LINK ON FACEBOOK... clearly many of the comments are very STUPID!

https://www.iaapa.org/news/funworld/...nd-coronavirus
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

AND HERE IS ANOTHER ONE OMG!

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/m-li...193451696.html
    Larry Kirchner
    President

Comment

OUCH! Where did IAAPA find these people? Why not just advocate for shutting down the whole industry. WOW.

Comment

Larry I'm fairly certain you are already one of the defacto leaders of the haunt industry. Why don't you ram you foot up someone's ass at IAAPA for talking to these dipshits? Shouldn't there actually be contact with someone who is a leader of the industry rather than a nobody who has a company. Shit they could've talked to me if that's the case.

Oh wait I know why they talked to them, they are members of IAAPA. Probably schmoozes with all of the right people to get their words to matter. IAAPA interviewed these guys because they are both based in florida and high ranking members of IAAPA. They have little to nothing to do with the "Haunt Industry" beyond their own ventures. Neither Curan or Swenson were on the vendor list at the largest convention in the Haunt Industry. Most importantly, the message they have is in line with what they want to say. Going back to normal is out of the question. If these two dipshits said anything towards the idea of returning to normal IAAPA and yahoo would've have found someone who was willing to say everything must change forever.

Finally the Scarehouse director Simmon's wants to make a shitty haunt, along with all the other people planning on neutering their haunts, then let their ship's sink. No one is going to be scared by animatronic only walkthroughs, or actors who don't break the comfort zone. Staying 6 feet away from your customers you might as well stay home.

Comment

I did call IAAPA and told the editor of Funworld if they want to know details about the haunt industry they should talk to people who actually own haunted houses.

Very sad they did and BOOM Yahoo turns it all around. This is why no one should talk to the media this year... prime example of how the media turns everything around.

Larry Kirchner
          President

Comment

My concern is not with the yahoo article, my concern is with the IAAPA article. Yahoo is a "news" source that practically no one reads, nor do people who participate in "recreational screams" looks to for health or entertainment advice. They will continue with their agenda no matter what.

I feel a huge threat to the industry from the stance IAAPA is taking here. They are essentially advocating for the fundamental transformation of an entire section of the entertainment and amusement industry, something they are supposed to be the largest advocates for. By stating that "the days of chainsaw wielding monsters chasing you" are over is, by omission, agreeing with that statement. IAAPA is now the enemy of the entire haunt industry. They don't see this overblown coronavirus as a seasonal event like the flu, they don't see it as a massive one time event, they don't even see at something we are waiting for a solution. No where in the article it says these measures are until the health care community can come up with a consistent plan of care for this disease. They flat out are advocating for the permanent change to all haunted attractions in the country no matter state or federal policy. It seems that IAAPA wants this "new normal" bullshit to last forever.

So what is the solution? My current guess is that this is all obviously political. Come election season, the infamous "2nd wave" will hit and many states will put the clamps back on. All of the, lets say free states, will remain open. But even still, in the open states during the "2nd wave", some business/ haunt owners will choose to close for "safety and protection of our haunt family". Once the election is over, 2021 will show us truly where the mindset is of the haunt industry. If it looks like the whole building is on fire come January to May (Hauntcon to Transworld) then we may see a mass exodus from the haunted entertainment industry by customers and corporations (big customers). On the other hand, if everyone keeps their cool and realizes all of this is temporary (I feel this is more likely), then it will probably be 2 years from now and noone will have even a wimper of any "new normal".

Comment

Who's this guy telling the media we need to ban chainsaws? I've never heard of this guy. IAAPA should be reaching out to haunted house owners not so called experts. I'm very sad to see these articles. We're gearing up to open our haunts we need more positive support. Moral isn't very high in the industry.

Comment

Working...
              X